Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #556
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Hopefully the northeast folks are prepping for the snow storm. It's not supposed to be too bad around Philly, but they did up our forecasted total. Yestday aftfernoon they were only calling for 2-4" north of the city. By last night though, we're expecting 4-8". Not too bad, and I guess Saturday is the best day of the week to dig out.

For the folks in NYC north though ... you may get hit pretty hard
Lucky you, it started this morning and they are calling for 1-2 feet.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #557
RocketEAR99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
I live in this perfect little pocket where the storm is going to do nothing but rain on us...and not even that much. Nemo didn't find me!
My past trips:WDW-1: Jun 1992 (Off Property), WDW-2: Aug 1997 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2007 (POP), WDW-4: Jan 2009 (SSR), WDW-5: May 2009 (BWV), WDW-6: Oct 2009 (AKV Kidani), WDW-7: Mar 2010 (BLT), WDW-8: Jan 2011 (AKV Kidani), WDW-9: May 2011 (SSR), WDW-10: Feb 2012 (OKW), WDW-11: Oct 2012 (VWL), WDW-12: May 2013 (BWV), WDW-13: Dec 2013 (OKW)

Me DW Maverick

RocketEAR99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #558
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
What tends to be the snow level that gets folks worried up there? Obviously the ft mark is not good news.

I know down this way, I personally am OK until we start getting near the 8-10" mark. At that point I need to double check my longer term beer supply. A few years back we got around 38" in the span of two weeks which was crazy. I actually had to clear off some of my roof as I was concerned about the snow weight.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #559
taramoz
DIS Veteran

I checked, the last time I posted we were talking weather, 4 pages ago, then I miss all kinds of interesting talk and com back to weather again! Still in Houston here so no bad snow stories to tell , only lovely weather and a chance of rain!

On another note, I am officially having a spa/pool put in my back yard. SO excited as I have wanted to do this forever!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #560
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
I checked, the last time I posted we were talking weather, 4 pages ago, then I miss all kinds of interesting talk and com back to weather again! Still in Houston here so no bad snow stories to tell , only lovely weather and a chance of rain!

On another note, I am officially having a spa/pool put in my back yard. SO excited as I have wanted to do this forever!!!!
Are we all welcomed over to check it out?
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #561
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:

So do you have a Privacy Fence? And when is the SSC pool party happening?
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #562
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
So do you have a Privacy Fence? And when is the SSC pool party happening?
This made me laugh! I realize you are from up North, but pretty much everyone has a fence in Houston, the tall wooden kind, just called a fence (assume this is what you refer to as a privacy fence?). Similar to how all soft drinks are coke regardless of what kind it is. We are wierd in the south!

But yes, to those that have asked, if you are in Houston you are invited to come swim!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #563
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
This made me laugh! I realize you are from up North, but pretty much everyone has a fence in Houston, the tall wooden kind, just called a fence (assume this is what you refer to as a privacy fence?). Similar to how all soft drinks are coke regardless of what kind it is. We are wierd in the south!

But yes, to those that have asked, if you are in Houston you are invited to come swim!
I'm actually from the Atlanta area originally. Where I grew up everyone had a fence, But some had just a chain link style fence.... and some had a fancy looks nice wooden fence where it could be seen from the street, but when it got behind the house went chain link or something less pretty.

The concern is when we do the SSC party, how much privacy will we have from the neighbors after the drinks have been flowing for awhile.

DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #564
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

Hi guys! This is my first time on this thread and it seems like a good place to talk. Figured I need to stop myself from avoiding new people and enjoy life a bit more. Like the time I made a dating profile online and made a clear effort to avoid checking it. Bad dating experiences will do that. Oh well, fresh start!
BeachLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #565
KaylaSue22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLove View Post
Hi guys! This is my first time on this thread and it seems like a good place to talk. Figured I need to stop myself from avoiding new people and enjoy life a bit more. Like the time I made a dating profile online and made a clear effort to avoid checking it. Bad dating experiences will do that. Oh well, fresh start!
Welcome to you!!
KaylaSue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #566
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I'm actually from the Atlanta area originally. Where I grew up everyone had a fence, But some had just a chain link style fence.... and some had a fancy looks nice wooden fence where it could be seen from the street, but when it got behind the house went chain link or something less pretty.

The concern is when we do the SSC party, how much privacy will we have from the neighbors after the drinks have been flowing for awhile.

how much privacy will there be since the Pyrate always has a camera with him...

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #567
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Wow. Has anyone seen the menus for the Flower and Garden booths? Almost like Food and Wine during Springtime(I'm trade marking that). Everything looks yummy. Sucks I'm gonna be there by myself for my bday enjoying it all!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #568
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Wow. Has anyone seen the menus for the Flower and Garden booths? Almost like Food and Wine during Springtime(I'm trade marking that). Everything looks yummy. Sucks I'm gonna be there by myself for my bday enjoying it all!
I was looking today, DD9 ad I will be there in March. I am so excited about it, probably gonna cancel dinner resis and just eat at all the booths!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #569
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It rained here until shortly after noon, then a heavy wet snow started coming down. Now it looks a little fluffier, but only a few inches. We were let off work early and the roads were not very good. Think I will be staying home for a while. Glad I brought the snowblower out of the shed and into the garage, looks like I will finally need it. But should be great skiing, heading up to Vermont in a week. Hope everyone makes it through OK!

Good luck with the pool, Tara!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #570
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Well I have been lurking for awhile and you all seem pretty harmless (well except for the flogging ... yikes...lol) and thought I'd say hi. Especially since there is now a pool party in the works ! I don't have any rum but I do have a yuengling next to me!
amfie928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: