Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #301
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
I also have the "purchase tickets" link available. (I am booked with a room-only reservation)

However, I do not have "on-line check in available," presumably because my trip is not yet within 60 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
I see similar changes.

If I view my reservation, there is a big "Check In" link...but all it does it show me the details. I'm still over 60 days away.

They also added a "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets" link, but it just takes you to the Resort and Dining reservation link page, still nothing about tickets.
Thanks! I've updated the first page.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #302
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
New Changes

Ok, there are a couple new things on the website. But I want to know what others see before I update the first page.

On the main MDE page on the right side under "Get Ready!" I see two new lineks: "Online Check-in Available" and "Purchase Tickets." I assume that I see the online check-in one because I'm within that 60-day window, and I wonder if others see something different? Please let me know.

I'm not sure if this is new... During the online check-in process, when I entered my credit card information, it asked me to set up PINs for the purpose of making purchases on your KTTW card (it did not say anything here about MagicBands). I got to set up a different PIN for every adult of the party including my 11 year old (it did not offer this for my kids under 10). As an option it had a check box to set all the PINs the same. Interestingly, on the final confirmation page, where it lists the party members and who has charging privileges, my 11 year old does not have it... only the true adults... which is actually the way I want it.

Now after I did the online check-in process, that new link "Online Check-in Available" link has chaged to "Modify Check-in."

I also notice that when I view my resort ressies under the "My Reservations" page, there is no longer a blue "Online Check-in" link under the confirmation number to the right.

I see the same things (except I can't find a "Get Ready" link on the home page).

I did on-line check-in about 10 days ago. At that time, there wasn't anything about entering PIN numbers.

Now I have a "Modify Check-in" link and when I click on it, there is an option to enter PIN numbers for each member of my party.

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #303
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
I see the same things (except I can't find a "Get Ready" link on the home page).

I did on-line check-in about 10 days ago. At that time, there wasn't anything about entering PIN numbers.

Now I have a "Modify Check-in" link and when I click on it, there is an option to enter PIN numbers for each member of my party.
Thanks for the verification. Sorry if I confused with the "Get Ready" thing. It's not a link, but a heading above the other links.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #304
sweetpea29488
Mouseketeer

I can't figuare out why it will show my reservations for our resort but won't list our package details as well. Could it be because a travel agent booked for us?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #305
Debrn
Mouseketeer

I don't have any options for check in, it does show my reservations I'm 17 days out. I've tried from my iPhone and iPad
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Debrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #306
taraaplin
Mouseketeer

I can't even link my package/ reservation; therefore, nothing even even shows up for me in mydisney
taraaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #307
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
So the app still isn't fully functional for Android right? There's nothing on the app for me to look at reservations or anything. Frustrating since our trip is 30 days away now.
Hi... not that I can tell. I honestly just deleted the app from my Android phone and installed it on my son's iPod. I cannot believe the difference in functionality. The apple version is so much better. So, looks like I will be taking the iPod into the parks with me!

Which is all rather ironic as the New Disney site seems to hate my Safari browser, but will move much faster in Chrome. Well, I guess they wanted to spread the love between platforms. hehe.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #308
Ryantitr
I Survived Mission:Space

Has there been any update on when this will go live for Canadians? I have my trip at the beginning of May and am hoping to be able to try it out
Ryantitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #309
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryantitr View Post
Has there been any update on when this will go live for Canadians? I have my trip at the beginning of May and am hoping to be able to try it out
I haven't heard any discussion about this issue outside of this thread. Please keep us updated if you see anything change.
1989 .......... Offsite?

Future Plans:
Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #310
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Looks like MagicBands will be tested in the parks soon:

WDWMagic Article

Quote:
The final component of the NextGen MyMagic+ experience is set to begin testing in the parks late next week.

MagicBands will be given to a limited number of guests during a small trial period, where the full spectrum of MyMagic+ will be tested in real-world use for the first time. Wearing the MagicBands allows the guest to 'Touch to Enter' at the parks main entrance, 'Touch to Pay' at shops and quick service restaurants, touch for FASTPASS+ access to attractions, and 'Touch to Enter' room access. Test Track will become the first attraction where the MagicBands can be used as part of the experience, in place of the white cards that are currently used in the design studio.

The standard MagicBands are expected to be available in a range of colors, red, black, blue, green, pink, orange and yellow. Disney has also said that special designer MagicBands will be available at an additional cost.

It is expected that once this initial MagicBand test is complete, the rollout will continue in phases to a full deployment of MyMagic+ during the remainder of 2013.

Read more about MyMagic+ and see our FAQ.
1989 .......... Offsite?

Future Plans:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #311
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Still can't link correctly

I am still working on my June trip. A couple of tech savvy friends of mine are trying to link up using the iOS ipad versions. We can accept each other's invitations and we show up on our friends and family lists, but we can't really add people to reservations or do much with restaurants.

How is this working at this stage for everyone else?
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #312
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I am still working on my June trip. A couple of tech savvy friends of mine are trying to link up using the iOS ipad versions. We can accept each other's invitations and we show up on our friends and family lists, but we can't really add people to reservations or do much with restaurants.

How is this working at this stage for everyone else?
First I created my MDE account, and added all my family members as managed profiles. I added all the ADRs and assigned each family member to the ADRs. When all this was done, my wife finally created her own account. I used the invite button on the profile I created for her and she accepted. At that point (and I forget exactly how we did it now - maybe it was part of the invitation acceptance process?), we were able to assign my wife permission to see all the kids' profiles and make plans for them from her own account. Now if either of us adds a new ADR, it gives each of us the option to add any of our family members to the party.

I should add, I've only done this using the website. Haven't tried doing it with the iPad/iPhone. Maybe I'll test it out today.
1989 .......... Offsite?

Future Plans:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #313
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First I created my MDE account, and added all my family members as managed profiles. I added all the ADRs and assigned each family member to the ADRs. When all this was done, my wife finally created her own account. I used the invite button on the profile I created for her and she accepted. At that point (and I forget exactly how we did it now - maybe it was part of the invitation acceptance process?), we were able to assign my wife permission to see all the kids' profiles and make plans for them from her own account. Now if either of us adds a new ADR, it gives each of us the option to add any of our family members to the party.

I should add, I've only done this using the website. Haven't tried doing it with the iPad/iPhone. Maybe I'll test it out today.
Ahhhh, the webpage. I forget about this. My cousin and I really want to do this through the app, but we might try the web page today.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #314
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, just tried it from my iPhone. Made an ADR using each of our accounts. From each of them I was able to add all family members to the party.

bcrook, is that what you're having trouble doing?

EDIT: wanted to add that only the account that made the ADR can cancel it or change members of the party. So if my wife makes a plan for me, it doesn't appear that I can do anything about it. (Just the way she likes it!)

This might mean that - if it's at all feasible - it would be wise to have only one person making all the reservations for the group. Otherwise, it may be a pain to try to adjust things later, and having to have multiple people log in just to make a few simple changes.
1989 .......... Offsite?

Future Plans:

Last edited by bigAWL; 02-09-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #315
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, just tried it from my iPhone. Made an ADR using each of our accounts. From each of them I was able to add all family members to the party.

bcrook, is that what you're having trouble doing?
I added a reservation for 6 at the GF Cafe. It is definitely for six. But it won't let me assign guests to the reservation. There is a button for it. It pulls up the screen and lists my friends and family. But, when I select people it hangs up. My Cousin is linked to my account and can see the reservation, but can do anything with it.

Maybe I should cancel it and try again.

In addition my cousin and I still can't really see each other's plans.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: