Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #646
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
Hi to all the ladies from August 2012. No, unfortunately I am not joining you in 2013, but I've been suffering a terrible case of 'Disney brain' and had to visit the DIS for a fix. I was hoping it would make me feel better but I feel worse. I feel like crying I want to go back so much. DH doesn't understand nor would anyone else I know. We tried to talk the in-laws into Christmas (or at least December) in WDW and no one is interested except my niece, who has been vetoed by her father. Sigh. I don't know what is wrong with them! DH really wants to go back to though...just not as bad as me. He'd be fine waiting a few years. I want to at least be planning a trip NOW!

Anyway, I saw some familiar faces on here and thought I'd say hi.

I hope you all have a fabulous time at WDW! Say hi to Mickey for me!!! :D

Sorry for hi-jacking! Return to planning!!!!
I am so sorry!!!!! I understand! I know what you mean about being so sad. I started crying yesterday just because I want to go back so much and I can't imagine how sad I would be if I wasn't going! You come on and say hi and "hi-jack" all you want! We are a Disney family! :-D and perhaps there is a way I can send you a little something from WDW if you want!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #647
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

ADR day!

Yeah! SO relieved to have our adr's booked!
Aug 7 Cape May 5:50
Aug 8 Tonys 1 pm BOG 6:45
Aug 9 Coral Reef 5:30
Aug 10 BOG 5:45
Aug 13 Mama Melrose Fantasmic 5:10 for 9 pm show
Aug 14 Chef Mickey 10 am

I still need to make Hoop De Doo adrs for Aug 11 but will let our friend make them Sunday with her dining plan so we don't have to pay OOP. We're adding dining in August.

Now what????? I guess the next plan will be in 120 days when we can make our fastpass reservations, as long as that goes on as expected.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #648
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
Yeah! SO relieved to have our adr's booked!
Aug 7 Cape May 5:50
Aug 8 Tonys 1 pm BOG 6:45
Aug 9 Coral Reef 5:30
Aug 10 BOG 5:45
Aug 13 Mama Melrose Fantasmic 5:10 for 9 pm show
Aug 14 Chef Mickey 10 am

I still need to make Hoop De Doo adrs for Aug 11 but will let our friend make them Sunday with her dining plan so we don't have to pay OOP. We're adding dining in August.

Now what????? I guess the next plan will be in 120 days when we can make our fastpass reservations, as long as that goes on as expected.
Forgot to add that I was only able to make our arival day adr online. There seems to be a glitch with a DVC reservation and booking online dining at 180+10. Thank goodness I read about it on the Dis so I was prepared for the worse. I was able to get every adr I wanted, exactly when I asked except for a 15 minute difference at BOG. I was on the phone for 19 minutes from beginning to end, including a 3 minute wait to talk to a human I think you might talk to someone faster if you tell them you don't have your reservation number. Otherwise you have to go through more automated choices before getting to a human anyway. Have a credit card ready, ages of children, and request your adrs in order of importance (I booked BOG first, then Fantasmic.)

Good luck! Come join us on the Disboards Aug FB page!https://www.facebook.com/home.php?fi...9089562540839/
Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #649
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
I would love to hear great stories about everyone's up com in trip!
My mom is taking me and my 2 daughters to the World as a celebration of my 40th birthday. I haven't been since I was 12 and my kids have never been. Mom was there in '98 with a friend. I wanted to go the week of February 18th when the kids are out of school, but Mom wanted August, and she's paying.
Mom's cousin and his family might be there when we are there, which would be nice as they live hours away and we never see them.
I am thrilled that I have been the one to plan as it is my birthday celebration. I have chosen the ADRs and resort, I picked the park schedule and flight times.
This is a trip I have been wanting since I was 12, so it's a real dream come true.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #650
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
Forgot to add that I was only able to make our arival day adr online. There seems to be a glitch with a DVC reservation and booking online dining at 180+10. Thank goodness I read about it on the Dis so I was prepared for the worse. I was able to get every adr I wanted, exactly when I asked except for a 15 minute difference at BOG. I was on the phone for 19 minutes from beginning to end, including a 3 minute wait to talk to a human I think you might talk to someone faster if you tell them you don't have your reservation number. Otherwise you have to go through more automated choices before getting to a human anyway. Have a credit card ready, ages of children, and request your adrs in order of importance (I booked BOG first, then Fantasmic.)

Good luck! Come join us on the Disboards Aug FB page!https://www.facebook.com/home.php?fi...9089562540839/
Thanks for all that info! I was playing around with making reservations this morning in advance of my ADR date. The new website is slower for me, but at least I was able to go through some of the steps and get a feel for the screens.

Building memories, one Disney vacation at a time!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (CBR, ASMu, HHI), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW Cabins (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 02-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #651
mieshie75
Mouseketeer

Omg little glitch. Didn't realize when I booked our trip that my hubby didn't have the Friday off for the week before his actual vacation silly me I planned the flight out for that morning. Almost caused myself a panick attack. Thank god the girl he works with said she would trade her Friday of vacation and work it so he can leave with us. Now I know to double check the dates better next time.

I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #652
jenjordan
Earning My Ears

Just booked our airline tickets!! So glad that Southwest added service from the Flint airport - it's so much easier to park and get through security than Detroit Metro.

DH Me DD1 (14) DD2 (11)
Old 02-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #653
Whereisalyssa
Self Proclaimed Princess

Seeing everyone's ADR's is making me both excited and nervous to book mine! We've decided today on doing surfing lessons at TL! has anyone does this before?

Me(22) - Brother(19) - Mom - my DBF(21) - Boots(4) - Mittens(2) -

ICP Cast Member summer 2014
Old 02-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #654
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Wow what a snow day! Home with the girls today for the coming storm.

I just played with the My Disney Experience App. on my phone. I had access to make reservations for August 17th our arrival day! Our Meal plan starts on the 18th. IF I had wanted to, and was willing to spend the $36-$55 per person, I would have had a dinner ADR for Fulton's Crab House!
Tomorrow I will get an ADR for 1900 Park Fare Character Breakfast!! Yippie!! God bless that 180 +10 !!

Then I posted AoA questions on the AoA board and was answered! There are lights in the headboard which light up the room and now my girls won't need to bring a lamp. And there really are 'fridges and TVs in the LM rooms!! Yippie!
Gonna bring snacks, and drink mixes and I am all fired up to plan the details.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #655
jennluvsdis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
Okay, its kinda quiet in here. I will toss out another Question of the Day .

After your trip, what do you do with all your vacation photos?

Do you scrapbook them?

Create photobooks? (if so, which site do you use.....Shutterfly? Picaboo? etc.)

Make prints for photo albums?

Do trip videos and post them to youtube?

Keep them on your computer and forget they are there?

And how many photos would you estimate you normally take on an "average" trip?
Great question. I take anywhere from 100 to 200 pictures, but this time I want to take more. I store them on my computer. Then decide which are my favourite and get them printed (usually 50 ). I have also used Costco to make photo books and calendars. I am thinking of trying photo pass + this time too. We need lots of pictures to cheer us up on years we are not planning Disney vacations.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #656
jennluvsdis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI double-GUH ER
Woohoo! We just booked our flights!!

We haven't settled on anything but right now for dining ressies, we're thinking:

50's Prime Time
Crystal Palace
for sure, and then we're considering these others as possibilities, but probably not all of them:
Tony's
Via Napoli
Hollywood and Vine
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Be Our Guest
1900 Park Fare
Fulton's (DH really wants to go here, but I don't...)
So hard to choose. I have one more day to plan and I can't decide between 50's Prime Time, Sci fi, or Teppan Edo. Never book for enough days. I vote for either Chef Mickey or Ohana.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #657
KSL
Mouseketeer

QotD!

Can anyone post a Question of the Day? We haven't had one in a little while and I thought of one:

Which parade is your favorite and why? It can be past or present; I know there are some Spectromagic devotees out there!

Mine is the parade at Animal Kingdom - it is so unique and I love that the characters really interact with the crowd along the way (at least they have the 2x we've been there). Only downer is that it's so hot being in the middle of the afternoon in August!

MSEP is a very close second. Love the music and the lights. Maybe that's my favorite, now that I think about it. I do really love that one too. What a tough choice!

When DH and I were at DLR last July, the daytime parade was really awesome -- loved the Tangled float with Rapunzel's tower! But I figure I can't vote for that one because it's not at WDW....

Loreli, we had a snowday too, and really they didn't need it! Hardly any snow by 4pm, well after the kids would have been home. But it was a wonderful break and we are happy to have a 3-day weekend!!

Aug '06 ASMovies (DH, me & DD1 trip) / June '07 POR (10th anniversary trip) / Aug '08 POP (DH, me & DD2 trip) / Aug '10 CBR (DH, me & DD3 trip) / Aug '11 Split Stay AKV/BLT (whole family, finally!) / Feb. '12 OKW / July '12 GCH (no kids!) / BWV/BLT split stay Aug '13 / YC May '14 (SWW!) / planning VGF/BLT split stay July-Aug '14

Old 02-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #658
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Which parade is your favorite and why?

We don't really make a point of seeing the parades. In fact in 7 family trips we've never seen the one at AK
My kids were all about rides, rides, rides. I *just* saw Festival of the Lion King last trip!! I LOVED it. So now I am forcing them to slow down for parades and shows. We'll make sure to see the parade at AK this time
Old 02-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #659
krd315
Mouseketeer

planning our ADR's now...getting excited!

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000

Last edited by krd315; 02-09-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #660
Loreli
Mouseketeer

[SIZE="3"]Which parade is your favorite and why? :rotfl
Haven't been in 28 years, but I have great memmories of the electric lights parade at MK.

Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: