Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #3166
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
I have a question about custody and Make a Wish. Four of our kids are actually my step-children, I just never call them that. We have 50/50 custody where they are with us one week and their mom one week. The wish granter just told me that they might not be able to come on the trip with us because they don't live with us full time. In a situation like this, what do they do? The kids literally have two homes that they are at equal amounts of time. I would feel horrible if we took my bio kids and left the other four at home. I just don't know if I'd be able to do it. My heart is breaking now. :-(. If they won't include them in the trip, would they let us drive and pay for their own park tickets but still stay with us?
Sending Prayers and good Vibes your way that everyone will get to go!

Emma's PTR..Better late than never./?t=3069552
Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #3167
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas792 View Post
We are so excited we leave Sunday 5 am for GKTW...however, we are expecting snow storm yommorrow-- keeping my fingers crossed

Jo terry Anna Sarh and Mike
Fingers and toes crossed

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #3168
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
DD is sick, running temperture, throwing up, sneezing, & coughing. She had her labs done this week- Monday- everything was fine.
Might not be able to make that Disney World Trip, after all.
Praying she feels better QUICK!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #3169
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

I spoke with our wish coordinator. She told me that because they aren't in the home 100% there's no way they can be a part of trip at all. The only way is if we ride separately, stay in an offsite hotel, and they can only go to the parks together. This is just horrible. :-(
Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #3170
Rx774
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I spoke with our wish coordinator. She told me that because they aren't in the home 100% there's no way they can be a part of trip at all. The only way is if we ride separately, stay in an offsite hotel, and they can only go to the parks together. This is just horrible. :-(
Wow, i can't believe that. But i guess they have a certain rule book that obviously covers this situation. Makes me wonder if all the kids were present at the time of their visit, would they have ever known any difference, in regards to them technically not living there. I'm not saying you would of been dishonest, just not "volunteer" that they don't live in the house. But i guess this is all mute at this point. I've seen them include grandparents, but only when it was a child alone.

So sorry to hear this.
D (39) M (36) Annika - Wish Kid #2 (12) Christian - Wish Kid #1 (7) Dylan (3)
Christian's Make A Wish Trip Report

Annika's Make A Wish Trip Report
Old 02-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #3171
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh, I'm so sorry That's odd that they wouldn't even let the kids stay at GKTW?!?!? Maybe it would bump your family into needing 2 villas instead of 1?
Ugh, what a horrible situation.

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #3172
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What a bummer! I know I have read that some kids , as a part of their wish, they say they want certain people, that do not live with them, to come on the trip. Grandparent/s, best friend, one girl wanted her oldest sibling who was in her 20s and they allowed it. Although that last one was a trip to Hawaii, not Disney. And she had a big family still at home so it was abou 7 or 8 people already.
How heartbreaking for you, to leave some kids out.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #3173
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEsmom View Post
Praying she feels better QUICK!

Thanks so much, I took her to the doctors today, she has an ear infection & maybe a virus. They gave her antibotics, will go back for a recheck in two weeks, we will be able to take the trip if everything is clear on recheck. We have only 15 days until we leave.
Thanks for the prayers, keeping the faith!!
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Old 02-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #3174
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
Yay!

So very sorry. Praying it works out for them to go.

Praying she feels better, and that you get to go

Thanks, she has an ear infection & they think a virus, I am hoping she gets better in time to go.
Prayers work wonders, God Bless!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #3175
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
Yay!

So very sorry. Praying it works out for them to go.

Praying she feels better, and that you get to go
Quote:
So sorry she's sick. Maybe it's just a quick bug that'll pass.
Thanks, They said she had an ear infection & maybe a virus too, they gave her antibotics, praying she will get better soon.

I am sorry to hear about not being able to take the other children, I know that they have certain rules & each chapter has it's own, not all of them are the same. Maybe something will work out somehow for you.
You will be in my thought & prayers!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #3176
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

I called GKTW earlier and talked to them. It looks like there's a possibility. :-). I have to email them our custody papers but she said she thinks it might be able to be approved. I sure hope so. I think it'll be a while before we find out though.

Kristy
Old 02-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #3177
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am so sorry

Old 02-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #3178
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri21596 View Post
I think that I figured the pictures out!! but I am having issues trying to upload facebook photos because I take most pictures with my phone.
Here is my little Kara...I love her smile and everyone says she looks like a little me

We went to Disney on Ice last night - got home late but it was worth Kara's face when she saw all the characters! Also got a call today from her "wish friend" Kelly and they will be coming Sunday at noon!! So excited!

Laura - Thank you for the welcome! I can't wait to start a trip report! I am also going to read yours that you started! Since you are in Maryland i will have to post Kara dressed like a Baltimore "HON" - its cute!

Jackie - I am super excited about Trevors wish! My oldest son is a huge Star Wars fan and I took him to all the newer movies when he was younger. I really hope your Kara is doing well with her ear I showed my Kara some pictures of your crew and she thinks they are "sweet" (a saying she learned from scooby doo - another favorite).

Im a little nervous for tomorrow when they start Kara on chemo... not sure what to expect. I will try to pull Kara away from her obsession with coloring and for all of us to get some sleep. Thanks againfor such a great welcome!

You have a beautiful daughter, she reminds me of my daughter Brook, she is 4 will be 5 soon, she had her wish in May 2011, she has Evans Syndrome, they say it is very rare, but I have discovered alot of people that have some kind of form of it, must of them are not exactly like my daughters though.

Your daughter, you & your family will be in my prayers.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #3179
wishin' on a star
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I called GKTW earlier and talked to them. It looks like there's a possibility. :-). I have to email them our custody papers but she said she thinks it might be able to be approved. I sure hope so. I think it'll be a while before we find out though.

Kristy
I am hoping and praying that you hear something soon, some positive news from GKTW on this.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #3180
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Kristy
praying they say YYYEEESSS

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: