DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
irazabul
Mouseketeer

multiple contracts strategy

Is there a certain strategy when one has multiple contracts?

I have two contracts at SSR (250 and 120) and one contract at AKL (100 points). I assume that if I am within the 7 month window, then using SSR would be best? Also, is it best to draw down the 120 contract before the 250 contract first or does that even matter?
irazabul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
CKCruising
Mouseketeer

The only time it really matters is if you want the 11 month booking in the future. If you are planning something at AKL next year, for example, I would use the SSR (which one doesn't matter at all). I would even borrow against the SSR and bank the AKL if you need those points.
If you only book non AKL and SSR at 7 months then the contracts are all the same.

April 2009 - Disney Magic Eastern Carribean, Nov. 2010 - Disney Magic Western Carribean
April 2010 - AKL (Jambo), August 2011 - SSR (THV) + VB, October 2011 - BLT [MNSSHP], March 2012 - AKL (Kidani), December 2012 - BLT [NYE]
CKCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

We have four contracts and I always try to use the largest one last. Mostly we do cruises, concierge collection, a day or two at WDW, same for DL. So for most of what we do, all the contracts are equivalent in terms of booking window, but I still try to keep from using the biggest (170 at BLT) until last. For me, it I have points left, it just makes it easier to bank if I only have to bank points from one contract, and having a larger block of points remaining at one resort makes it logistically easier to plan as opposed to having a few points at several different resorts. I also recommend some sort of Point Tracker excel sheet to keep track of everything. I use two, a basic one that I made myself and another really good one called "DVC Point Calculator" that was out on the internet in the late 1990's early 2000's. I do not know if it is still available or not.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
jazzedancr
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the tips!
jazzedancr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: