Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #46
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

I wish WDW had built Carsland instead of FLE. Of course, I'm not excited about Avatarland either.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #47
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
I wish WDW had built Carsland instead of FLE. Of course, I'm not excited about Avatarland either.
Agree!
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #48
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

People who say they can do DL/DCA in a couple days aren't seeing everything. My friends and I spent almost a whole day just in Fantasyland at DL. We rode all the original rides, we even climbed into the monkey cage on the circus train. We did the paddle canoes around the lake. You need to take your time to appreciate everything.

For one of my friends, a long time WDW veteran, it was her first trip to DL. She was blown away.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #49
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

I've done DLR twice over the last 5 or so years (pre-Carsland and LM). While I think its great I would have to admit that DCA needed some serious upgrading. The second visit was primarily to see WoC. I think that the changes were necessary and actually may be substantial enough to get me to go back. I always appreciate the differences in DL as compared to MK. However, I have to admit that both times I visited I was in CA for other purposes as well.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #50
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyanchor View Post
But Disneyland doesn't have Epcot or Animal Kingdom, so in my book WDW will always win.
these two parks do not even rate for me...I have tried to like them...just cant
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #51
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
And this is my point. DW was robbed of a great opportunity and spent a lot of money and did not receive much bang for their buck. Cars Land, Star Wars Land, Pixar Land, I don't really car which, just something new, good, and innovative. Cars Land could have competed with WWOHP. Unless the mine ride is fantastic the FLE will not.

I agree you can't compare DW & DLR head to head, but if you compare the two newest "lands" at both DLR is the runaway winner. DW is the greater destination because of all there is to do, but I loved our 4 days at DLR and could have spent a few more.

Carsland is incredible. You feel like you are in Radiator Springs, and unlike WWOHP, I did not feel crowded. It is an absolutely amazing creation and I am so glad I was able to experience it.

Also, for the poster who said Ariel at DLR had a shorter line because it was newer, I do disagree. Pirates, Peter Pan, Mr Toad, Haunted Mansion, and many other old rides had much longer waits. The people in CA have spoken and this ride is not very popular out there. I do hope it is a huge hit at WDW and has two hours waits everyday to keep people away from me in line.

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends

Last edited by Disneybuckeye; 02-08-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #52
tfc3rid
DIS Veteran

I first went to DLR in 2011 and LOVEd it... Better Pirates of the Caribbean, better Space Mountain, the Matterhorn, better It's a Small World, etc... Lots of attractions in a very small space...

Went a little bit ago to see the improvements and CarsLand and Buena Vista Street are extremely lovely additions to California Adventure.

With Disney World losing customer park days to Universal, they must be starting to feel the heat in Florida. FLE is beautiful and not yet complete. So we shall see how the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster is...

tfc3rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #53
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

WDW is our "home" park, and we have only visited DLR two times, but I have to say that I love it equally if not more than WDW. The closeness of everything saves so much time over WDW as far as travel from hotels, to the different parks, etc. And you just can't beat it being the original. Don't get me wrong. I love going to WDW (just booked another trip last night) but DLR is pretty darn special too.

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: