Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #601
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sunrise Student View Post
It sure seems like it is a trick and a half to get this right for a first timer, thank you so much for all this information, it is SOOOO helpful!

This is very good to know you don't have to worry once you have a wrist band.

Does this mean only one autograph per a celebrity per a day? OR can you try and get another one for a different celebrity?

AND IF I can get another wristband for a different celebrity do you have to stay in the same line as my first celebrity to get your FP OR can I go over and get another wrist band for a different celebrity and come back to get FP for each of them I have wristbands for?

This is good to know, so right after we get in we can go grab a FP for a ride.

OK naive me thought the celebrities would have pictures they autographed, I didn't even think of bringing something for them to autograph. Will they have stuff for each celebrity there that you can purchase or should I just pre-plan and buy stuff ahead of time. I am just thinking I will probably not get ALL the celebrities autographs and then there will be some I want to get that I don't have items for.

Sounds like my boyfriend and I will have to trade off the camera, will there be time in-between us to do so, or should we space ourselves out in line to make time for the switch?
You can only get one wristband/fp for one celebrity a day. If there are two of you going, one could stand for one celeb and the other for the other one.
The celebrities do have a black and white picture they can sign for you if you didn't bring anything for them to sign. There will be merchandise for you to buy there if you don't bring anything.
If both of you get fps for the same person you can meet him/her together and a CM will take your picture, you can also meet him/her together and then you can take pictures by yourself and switch cameras.
If you get fps for different celebrities it's very unlikely you'll have the same time so you can trade off.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3358654

Last edited by yulilin3; 02-08-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #602
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
You can only get one wristband/fp for one celebrity a day. If there are two of you going, one could stand for one celeb and the other for the other one.
The celebrities do have a black and white picture they can sign for you if you didn't bring anything for them to sign. There will be merchandise for you to buy there if you don't bring anything.
If both of you get fps for the same person you can meet him/her together and a CM will take your picture, you can also meet him/her together and then you can take pictures by yourself and switch cameras.
If you get fps for different celebrities it's very unlikely you'll have the same time so you can trade off.
I didn't realize you were actually limited to one per day. I realized that logistically it might be difficult to get FP to see more than one, but I didn't know there was a "rule" to that effect. We've never tried for more than one, but I had thought we might try to squeeze in Ashley or JAT on a day with another celeb, since their FP's don't run out nearly as quickly (typically). Oh well...I'm really hoping for Ray Park, but am NOT looking forward to getting in line pre-5 am!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #603
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh88 View Post
I didn't realize you were actually limited to one per day. I realized that logistically it might be difficult to get FP to see more than one, but I didn't know there was a "rule" to that effect. We've never tried for more than one, but I had thought we might try to squeeze in Ashley or JAT on a day with another celeb, since their FP's don't run out nearly as quickly (typically). Oh well...I'm really hoping for Ray Park, but am NOT looking forward to getting in line pre-5 am!!
years ago you could line up for one celeb and as soon as you got the fp, turn around and line up for another one.
Last year they started making people wait 2 hours from the time they start giving out fp's to try and get another one. Of course, after 2 hours all the other fps were gone.
They started this because alot of people complained that they got to the park at 8am and all fp's for celebs were out.
We don't know how they'll approach the whole issue this year. But they were pretty happy with the results from last year. More people got to have a fp to meet one celeb
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #604
BensWife
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know when a list of the celebs comes out? We will be there the last day on Sunday.

Are there some celebs that are there pretty much every year? If so, who are they?

Lastly, it will be me, DH, and our 2 small kids. Would you suggest DH and I get in different lines to get fp or should we all get in the same line for 1 celeb and get a family pic with our favorite (or whomever we want the most).

Oh, and are there photopass photographers there? We are getting a photopass+.

Thanks!

'77 DL - Holiday Inn
'93 DL - Disneyland Hotel
'98 WDW - Port Orleans French Q. (conference - so hardly counts)
'10 DL - Grand Californian (June & Aug),
'12 DL - Candy Cane Inn
'13 WDW - Saratoga Springs (SWW)
July '14 DL - DLH (just DH and ME!)
Sept '14 DL - Rented Grand Californian Villas
Nov '14 DL - Embassy Suites South

Last edited by BensWife; 02-08-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #605
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensWife
Does anyone know when a list of the celebs comes out? We will be there the last day on Sunday.

Are there some celebs that are there pretty much every year? If so, who are they?

Lastly, it will be me, DH, and our 2 small kids. Would you suggest DH and I get in different lines to get fp or should we all get in the same line for 1 celeb and get a family pic with our favorite (or whomever we want the most).

Thanks!
Safe to assume James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein. Ray Park has been a regular in recent years, but we'll see. Other than that, who knows....
Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #606
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensWife View Post

Thanks!
The list of celebrities comes out about 2 to 3 weeks before the first SWW. The only confirmed as of now are Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano) and James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi Wan Kenobi from Clone Wars).
Like Mesaboy said, Ray Park has been a regular in the past years but still very popular. Peter Mayhew has been another regular one, he didn't come last year due to issues with his legs, but when he's been here his lines are the shortest ones for fps and he sign very quickly so he gets to meet alot of people. Daniel Logan is another regular with a short line, Jeremy Bullock another short line.
For the long lines you can expect that anyone coming for the first or second time will have a long line. For example, years back Billy Dee Williams came and I lined up for him at 5am an barely made it in with his autograph.
Cast from The Clone Wars Cartoon has a short line, the mayority of the fans that come are from the Movies not the cartoon show. I can say that meeting the cast of the CW has been a highlight, they are all so nice.
As for a family picture with one celeb as opposed to a single shot for each visiting celeb that's completely up to you and your families desires.
In the past there has not been a photopass photographer with the celebrities only with the characters around the park. You need to bring your own camera/ video camera if you want a picture with the celebrities
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #607
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensWife View Post

Thanks!
Clone Wars actors usually stay the same but they don't get long lines (James and Ashley will be there every weekend). As for who will come, Ray Park is a regular, but this year the event is probably more ROTJ oriented. I'd love to see John Williams pop up this year.

The force will be with you, always.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #608
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

Thank you!

WOW Folks

All of your tips about the schedule, how to get there, lines for celebrity meets, letting us know if a Photo-Pass Photographer is going to be there at the Celebrity Meets, and how meeting the celebrities works, all your tips have been invaluable for planning.

Personally I think Disney is crazy NOT to have the Photo-Pass Photographers there cause everyone would buy their pictures when they meet characters! I will be sure to look for them around the parks though with the other characters!

sincerely thank you again!

PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL
Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #609
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sunrise Student
WOW Folks

All of your tips about the schedule, how to get there, lines for celebrity meets, letting us know if a Photo-Pass Photographer is going to be there at the Celebrity Meets, and how meeting the celebrities works, all your tips have been invaluable for planning.

Personally I think Disney is crazy NOT to have the Photo-Pass Photographers there cause everyone would buy their pictures when they meet characters! I will be sure to look for them around the parks though with the other characters!

sincerely thank you again!
They do have PP for characters, just not for celebs.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #611
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Are there a good number of CMs dressed as Disney SW and regular SW characters too?!

PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL
Old 02-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #612
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
PS mistype I meant that I think Disney is crazy not to have them at the celebrities too!

PAST TRIPS WDW:
Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #613
HappyHaunts999
Mouseketeer

Just read the entire thread and really appreciate all the info. We are going Weekend #2 and this will make everything a lot easier.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #614
Princess Leia
DIS Veteran

Star Wars Fans UK

We would love to do the Star Wars event at Disney but as they are outside school holidays won't ever get to do them. Might need to wait until our retirement. Do you think they will expand Star Wars within HS now Disney have bought Lucas films? Our children loved doing the Jedi Training Academy. Princess Leia is definitely the best Disney Princess.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #615
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sunrise Student View Post
Are there a good number of CMs dressed as Disney SW and regular SW characters too?!
This is the character list from last year.
The characters that come out to meet and greet are:
Jedi Mickey, Princess Leia Minnie, Stormtrooper Donald and Darth Goofy (next to the exit to Great Movie Ride) they rotate
Chewbacca and Ewoks (next to exit of Star Tours by the Speeder Bike)
Roaming characters in this area: Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes (Cantina Band)
Ahsoka Tano, Assaj Ventress, Commander Cody and Captain Rex (By Premiere Theater) they rotate
Roaming characters in this area: Clone Trooper and Jawas
Anakin Skywalker, Shaak Tii, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto (By San Francisco Mural, Streets of America) they rotate
Bobba and Jango Fett (BY entrance to Backlot Tour) the rotate
Darth Maul (by entrance to Backlot Tour)
Darth Vader (By exit of Backlot Tour)
Roaming Characters in this area: Zam Wessel, Aurra Sing,Gamorrean Guard, Stormtroopers, Tuscan Raiders
Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, R2D2 and C3PO (Merchandise tent behind Rock and Roller Coaster) they rotate

Last edited by yulilin3; 02-10-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: