Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #3586
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93
DH's friends at work just got back and raved about the tavern...the pork shank and brew...when we were there DH wanted nothing to do with it...now he has asked us to eat lunch there on our fall trip (if we go...fingers crossed!)
We didn't eat lunch there but were impressed with it for snacks. They have apples with caramel, hummus with pretzels, and veggies with ranch. We got all of them and combined for 6 people for a filling but pretty healthy (for a theme park anyway) snack. They also have pastries that are not healthy but very yummy.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Bephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #3587
PrincessKida
Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Explorer

For the people asking about the connector between Ariel's and the Circus, do remember that they use that to move construction vehicles and materials back and forth for the mine car. It could not remain open all of the time or the mine car's workers, construction materials and vehicles would have no way out. At least this is my understanding.

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
PrincessKida is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #3588
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKida View Post
For the people asking about the connector between Ariel's and the Circus, do remember that they use that to move construction vehicles and materials back and forth for the mine car. It could not remain open all of the time or the mine car's workers, construction materials and vehicles would have no way out. At least this is my understanding.
Keep it closed then and hurry up with the ride
hollygolitely93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #3589
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedDreamer View Post
Sadly I have a passionfruit allergy so will not be able to purchase the drink, I do think it's a shame Disney didn't create alternative drinks for the Brew...
I got it without the foam the second time. Shouldn't be a problem to ask for them to leave it off! I didn't care for the foam. It was okay mixed in but thought it was good without it.

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #3590
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Found this little nugget from Al Lutz and how the New Fantasyland is being perceived within Disney HQ:

Quote:
But over the Christmas break a fire was lit under a few key Burbank executives when it was realized WDW’s New Fantasyland project wasn’t pulling in the numbers or customer satisfaction ratings that had been hoped for. WDW’s hotel occupancy and spending numbers have been hurting for several years, and they were hoping for a big bump from New Fantasyland and its lone new attraction, a clone of the Little Mermaid omnimover. New Fantasyland hasn’t give them the bump they needed, and the customer satisfaction results are showing that it won’t be driving the new attendance or spending gains that WDW really needs in the next few years. And there’s currently nothing under construction in WDW, while their Universal and Sea World competitors have major new projects coming out of the ground.
I never felt like the New Fantasyland was going to be a huge deal. I knew it would be a nice addition, but it's not like adding a new land or a new park. It's nowhere close to what Disney did with California Adventure.

It's also referenced in there that the possible idea of a Carsland at Hollywood Studios has been hacked to death by the accountants.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #3591
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

I haven't seen it in person yet, but from the pics and videos I've looked at, I thought it would be a bigger deal. They've hyped it in commercials and stuff too, like it's an awesome park expansion. I have family members who visited around Christmas time and they came back saying it was stupid...lots of room to walk around but nothing to actually DO. That's the impression I get too (not that's it's stupid, I don't think that lol, but that there's nothing to do). It looks pretty. I liked seeing the new castle walls when we were there in September. Beast's castle is cool. There really isn't much to do though... Belle's story time, neat, but nothing I'd want to do over and over again. Mermaid, cute, but not really very exciting or unique.

Maybe once the new coaster is finished it will feel like more.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *

Last edited by jcemom; 02-08-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: because I wasn't there in February, but September lol
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #3592
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
Maybe once the new coaster is finished it will feel like more.
Agreed - this is what I'm waiting for. I didn't like the Mermaid attraction at DCA and feel the same about WDWs. M&Gs are fun, but you only really need to do those once and you're good. The best part of the new addition so far - Gaston and his tavern!! I can watch Gaston for awhile without getting bored; I wish he had a mic!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #3593
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I can't speak for merchandise and resort attendance, but I know Be Our Guest has been PACKED at lunch time so I doubt they're losing money with that one. But even for resort attendance, early January was busier than previous years. They had to close MK to capacity once, and extend hours at DHS the day of, so I would guess that occupancy was up for at least those days. I do however agree that with all the hype it received, the area doesn't have that much to *do*.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #3594
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

I hear the haters... It didn't quite feel like a WWoHP expansion...which was what I was hoping for originally. But, I lowered my expectations once I saw the pictures coming out way back when. So, when I got there I could enjoy it for exactly what it was...a beautiful expansion!

With that said...

I still did have the moment of...that's it...

I also was not as impressed with Storybook Circus as I wanted to be. It was a cool theme for sure and done exceptionally well...but Dumbo is just NOT the same flying over the tents as it was flying over all of Fantasyland and I was really surprised that the ride felt just like Triceratops and Alladin's carpet to me once the visual was gone. Shame as the playground and duelling Dumbos is such a GREAT concept!!! It went from a MUST DO to a MAY DO in a matter of seconds! I could now avoid all of Storybook Circus and be okay with it...That's with a young children too!

Again, maybe the coaster will change this all. I also wish it all opened at once rather than stages...just as it knocks the wind out of it a bit.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #3595
map57
Mouseketeer

After visiting back in Nov....we did have a nice time in the new part...because it was new. IMO...if it was possible, the 1st thing completed should have been the new roller coaster. That to me brings in the people more than a "upgraded" meet n greet with Belle. It was a nice experience, but my boys wanted to ride SM and BTMR over and over...never asked to go back to see Belle (even though they thought she was cute ). A new coaster is "thrilling" and exciting.....Little Mermaid......not so much....JMO.
map57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #3596
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by map57 View Post
After visiting back in Nov....we did have a nice time in the new part...because it was new. IMO...if it was possible, the 1st thing completed should have been the new roller coaster. That to me brings in the people more than a "upgraded" meet n greet with Belle. It was a nice experience, but my boys wanted to ride SM and BTMR over and over...never asked to go back to see Belle (even though they thought she was cute ). A new coaster is "thrilling" and exciting.....Little Mermaid......not so much....JMO.
The order of completion was not a "choice" they made, but instead a result of the planning process. Initially the coaster was not even part of the plans, but a result of plan revisions some way down the line. As such, the things that are open now were well into the planning stages when the coaster was even added.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #3597
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
The order of completion was not a "choice" they made, but instead a result of the planning process. Initially the coaster was not even part of the plans, but a result of plan revisions some way down the line. As such, the things that are open now were well into the planning stages when the coaster was even added.
Thank goodness it was added

Though after see ETwB I would have liked to see what they would have done with Slepping Beautiy and the Fairies. But, I am a princess and fairy fan

I think my net is I like the immersive experience but feel it is not enough...you don't get enough of...wow...I'm really in Belle's village before you hit the end of Belle's village.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #3598
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
Thank goodness it was added

Though after see ETwB I would have liked to see what they would have done with Slepping Beautiy and the Fairies.
Agreed! I can't wait to go see it all this summer, but no mine coaster yet is a bummer. I'm so glad they added it to the plans!
Your other comment, about the immersion just not lasting long enough, concerns me. Guess I'll lower my expectations another notch.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #3599
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
Agreed! I can't wait to go see it all this summer, but no mine coaster yet is a bummer. I'm so glad they added it to the plans!
Your other comment, about the immersion just not lasting long enough, concerns me. Guess I'll lower my expectations another notch.
With the expectations set properly you will enjoy it! It has been beautifully done...you just may be left wishing more was done
Old 02-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #3600
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Rumor from another board is that the Tangled bathroom area will open on February 25th.

Also - can't believe we're almost at the point where we'll need to start Part III of this thread!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: