Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #2596
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I have a room only with the discounted tickets added in, no dining plan though.
I looked at undercover tourist and didn't see a price for AP's there.
A room with tickets would be a package. You would need to cancel and rebook a room only or change to a ticketless package, but you would have to add dining to it. I would buy the most heavily discounted tickets from UT. We bought the non-expiration tickets. It saved me 500.00 on the AP's.

I have done every kind of change and money transfer possible. Ask away.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #2597
padawans
DIS Veteran

The Ap's may not save you a lot with only 2 trips, but if you have any plans to return in May of 2014 it would be a very good deal for you.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #2598
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
A room with tickets would be a package. You would need to cancel and rebook a room only or change to a ticketless package, but you would have to add dining to it. I would buy the most heavily discounted tickets from UT. We bought the non-expiration tickets. It saved me 500.00 on the AP's.

I have done every kind of change and money transfer possible. Ask away.
You are all AMAZING!!! But I must admit I am getting confused. So...call CRO, cancel current package, they refund to my CC. Then rebook with them the room only AP rate. Will they ask me what my AP number is or anything??

And I am then left with the difference on my CC as a credit. About ($1400.) Use this money to order 5day PH from UNdercover tourist, then on our day of arrival walk into Epcot International Gateway, head to Guest Services, and upgrade to Annual Passes??? THen also at that time I can buy TIW card if I want?

Then go back to present the AP to Beach CLub people as proof we have it? THey will let us check in without it?

Phew.....thanks for all the help ladies
Old 02-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #2599
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Ap's may not save you a lot with only 2 trips, but if you have any plans to return in May of 2014 it would be a very good deal for you.
I am sure we might be able to squeeze in an adults only weekend maybe....
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #2600
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are all AMAZING!!! But I must admit I am getting confused. So...call CRO, cancel current package, they refund to my CC. Then rebook with them the room only AP rate. Will they ask me what my AP number is or anything??

And I am then left with the difference on my CC as a credit. About ($1400.) Use this money to order 5day PH from UNdercover tourist, then on our day of arrival walk into Epcot International Gateway, head to Guest Services, and upgrade to Annual Passes??? THen also at that time I can buy TIW card if I want?

Then go back to present the AP to Beach CLub people as proof we have it? THey will let us check in without it?

This is what I can gather (from all of the RC advice)...
  1. Rebook your room & tickets package to room-only using the AP rate.
  2. Buy the Undercover Tourist tickets closest in price (but not over) the price of the AP.
  3. Crucial Step: When you go to your first park, go through the turnstile with the existing tickets (this will lock in the "Gate Price" of the ticket, not the discounted UT price), then go to Guest Services and upgrade all of the tickets to APs. You'll have to pay the difference in gate price of the old tickets to the cost of the APs -- this is why you need to use them first before upgrading.
  4. Show your AP at the front desk so you'll feel better about having booked the rate. (They really don't ask for it, Pas?!)

That sound about right, ladies?
Old 02-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #2601
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I was surprised but I figure I'm still saving money!

My very favorite entrance!!! Always try to do all my "business" there!
Yes to both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Ladies, before I mosey on over to our Kookalicious' CR thread, I thought I'd ask here first... because you all ARE the experts after all.

I'm in a conundrum. (Though, not nearly as exciting as Jen's!) So, I finally got the site to spit out some pricing last night for the maybe-sorta-possible End of Oct. (Funnily enough, it was the OLD website! Imagine that. Did they revert?) Hubbo's Birthday "Surprise". I was looking at CR Garden Wing. It came back with a standard Garden Wing Room and a Deluxe. The Deluxe room wasn't that much more... do any of you happen to know if the Deluxe rooms ever get discounted? In particular, I'm hoping they run the room-only discount they did last year -- 'cause I refuse to pay rack-rate. Just not sure that if I do happen to book and put a deposit down and those rooms aren't discounted, will I be kicking myself for not having booked a regular GW room or ... over at the YC&BC. I bet that doesn't make any sense.

Pas: Oooooh, I've LOVE to see a pic of HRH playing the violin!
\Wish I could help Miss,but I don't know about CR Dlx rooms. I wouldn't pay rack rate either!

Quote:

Yes, mostly.

You don't need an active AP to book an AP rate. Although when booked my April trip online, I had o key in my AP number and I've never had to do that before.

Also, You need to use your tickets first before upgrading to lock in gate price otherwise you throw away your UT discount. I wouldn't worry about running back to show them at BC. Just show them next time you go back to the room. I've only had to show an AP once in many stays. Just tell them you are upgrading that day and will show them later.

One more thing, I think I steered you wrong on which UT tickets to buy. I see there are better deals but I can't price out the NE option at WDW to really see which ones will save you the most without costing more than APs. When DD is napping I can look to see if I can figure it out.

On a scroll down I see Miss has this all covered already since I take an hour to post, but I'm posting anyway darn it!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #2602
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes you would need to cancel your reservation. I would just put the one night deposit down until you get your refund. You can then pay off the room if you want, but you don't have to. I would buy the most heavily discounted tickets and upgrade them at check it. Figure out what the Aps will cost then play around with the different ticket selections on UT. You need to check the value of the tickets on the WDW site to see what the best deal is.

For example I bought non expiration park hoppers for 2250 they were valued on the WDW site at 2733. I upgraded them to AP's which cost 2944. My Ap's ended up costing 2470 instead of 2944. It's confusing but you really need to check the value on the WDW site, and do the math before buying from UT.

I have never been asked to show my AP or airline badge at check in, but if they do you can get your AP's and then show them later.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #2603
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Ladies, before I mosey on over to our Kookalicious' CR thread, I thought I'd ask here first... because you all ARE the experts after all.

I'm in a conundrum. (Though, not nearly as exciting as Jen's!) So, I finally got the site to spit out some pricing last night for the maybe-sorta-possible End of Oct. (Funnily enough, it was the OLD website! Imagine that. Did they revert?) Hubbo's Birthday "Surprise". I was looking at CR Garden Wing. It came back with a standard Garden Wing Room and a Deluxe. The Deluxe room wasn't that much more... do any of you happen to know if the Deluxe rooms ever get discounted? In particular, I'm hoping they run the room-only discount they did last year -- 'cause I refuse to pay rack-rate. Just not sure that if I do happen to book and put a deposit down and those rooms aren't discounted, will I be kicking myself for not having booked a regular GW room or ... over at the YC&BC. I bet that doesn't make any sense.

Miss... yes, discount applies, but you must book early. There are only 3 Deluxe rooms.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #2604
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Online you need AP in hand, but on the phone no!

Quote:
I am sure we might be able to squeeze in an adults only weekend maybe....

Quote:
This is what I can gather (from all of the RC advice)...
  1. Rebook your room & tickets package to room-only using the AP rate.
  2. Buy the Undercover Tourist tickets closest in price (but not over) the price of the AP.
  3. Crucial Step: When you go to your first park, go through the turnstile with the existing tickets (this will lock in the "Gate Price" of the ticket, not the discounted UT price), then go to Guest Services and upgrade all of the tickets to APs. You'll have to pay the difference in gate price of the old tickets to the cost of the APs -- this is why you need to use them first before upgrading.
  4. Show your AP at the front desk so you'll feel better about having booked the rate. (They really don't ask for it, Pas?!)

That sound about right, ladies?
You got it !!!

I haven't ever been asked to show my AP at eiter US/Ioa hotels or WDW, maybe they ask randomly???

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Also, You need to use your tickets first before upgrading to lock in gate price otherwise you throw away your UT discount. I wouldn't worry about running back to show them at BC. Just show them next time you go back to the room. I've only had to show an AP once in many stays. Just tell them you are upgrading that day and will show them later.

One more thing, I think I steered you wrong on which UT tickets to buy. I see there are better deals but I can't price out the NE option at WDW to really see which ones will save you the most without costing more than APs. When DD is napping I can look to see if I can figure it out.

On a scroll down I see Miss has this all covered already since I take an hour to post, but I'm posting anyway darn it!
Between all of us we will get Jen all set

Quote:
Yes you would need to cancel your reservation. I would just put the one night deposit down until you get your refund. You can then pay off the room if you want, but you don't have to. I would buy the most heavily discounted tickets and upgrade them at check it. Figure out what the Aps will cost then play around with the different ticket selections on UT. You need to check the value of the tickets on the WDW site to see what the best deal is.

For example I bought non expiration park hoppers for 2250 they were valued on the WDW site at 2733. I upgraded them to AP's which cost 2944. My Ap's ended up costing 2470 instead of 2944. It's confusing but you really need to check the value on the WDW site, and do the math before buying from UT.

I have never been asked to show my AP or airline badge at check in, but if they do you can get your AP's and then show them later.
Good ole Disney Math

Quote:

HRH has her outfit all picked out and you can see hr new specs too!!!

How about a 1st floor GW room...then you have a patio right...Deena had the Deluxe room....right??? Where's that Deena
Old 02-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #2605
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I did some minor playing around with the numbers, it looks like the 4 Day WPFM with PH will get us about a $220 savings. So for you all who have ordered from UT, do they mail them out quickly? Never gone this route before obviously.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #2606
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did some minor playing around with the numbers, it looks like the 4 Day WPFM with PH will get us about a $220 savings. So for you all who have ordered from UT, do they mail them out quickly? Never gone this route before obviously.

I remember reading a bit about the Water Park tickets from Cheshire's ticket FAQ (I believe he is or was a ticketing / guest services CM so knows his business), just something to keep in mind if you get those particular UT tickets:

Quote:
When upgrading to Annual Pass, if the Guest's original ticket included Water Park Fun & More Option, and any part of that option was used, then the Guest may only upgrade to the Premium or Premier Annual Pass. If none of the WPF&M options were used then upgrading may be done to a regular AP.
All this AP talk has ME tempted now... Especially since hubbo's been very receptive to Disney lately.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #2607
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the CR advice ladies. Double-checking my dates and I'm going to try for that Deluxe room. (Hubs just said, "Let's not run up the CC again after just paying it off. )
Old 02-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #2608
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I remember reading a bit about the Water Park tickets from Cheshire's ticket FAQ (I believe he is or was a ticketing / guest services CM so knows his business), just something to keep in mind if you get those particular UT tickets:

All this AP talk has ME tempted now... Especially since hubbo's been very receptive to Disney lately.
Thanks Miss, this is all kind of scary to think about doing. I don't want to mess up! Maybe I will just go have a peek at that thread.

Sorry for putting all this in your head!!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #2609
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you 2 adult and 3 child Aps. Not premium AP's right.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #2610
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you 2 adult and 3 child Aps. Not premium AP's right.
Right, 2 adults, 3 children (3-9), not premium

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: