Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
PinkiexLi
Earning My Ears

Beast at Be Our Guest Restaurant

Does anyone know if the Beast comes out to meet and greet at both lunch and dinner?
PinkiexLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

Beast is only present at dinner, and he does not come out to meet guest. He does a walk through the restaurant a couple of times, and then after you have finished your dinner you can meet him in the study by showing your receipt from dinner. There is a photopass photographer there and you can also use your own cameras, but Beast does not sign autographs.

HTH

Claire

1994 WDW Lindfields villa 1999 WDW Polynesian Disney Magic 2002 WDW All Star sports 2005 Disneyland Radisson Maingate 2007 WDW Best Western Lakeside 2012 WDW OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 ???
Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymadhouse View Post
Beast is only present at dinner, and he does not come out to meet guest. He does a walk through the restaurant a couple of times, and then after you have finished your dinner you can meet him in the study by showing your receipt from dinner. There is a photopass photographer there and you can also use your own cameras, but Beast does not sign autographs.

HTH

Claire

ooooo WOW--- I did not know this.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I didn't know about this either. tyvm for the information!

Me DS 18

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
kimber11
Kimberley

We were there Friday February 1st 2013 and he was there doing a character meet in his study. I would highly recommend the Be Our Guest restaurant for dinner. It was definitely my favourite table service meal during our trip (we did 7 in total). We were going to try doing the Quick Service lunch there one day too but the lineup was way to long for us to wait. Also, for dessert I got the chocolate cupcake as I am a chocoholic but after trying a bite of my sons Strawberry one I wished I had of got it instead. Absolutely delicious. All of our meals were wonderful too.
kimber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
serene56
DIS Veteran

was it a strawberry/lemonade one? that is one my honey will be looking for when we get there
Old 02-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber11 View Post
We were there Friday February 1st 2013 and he was there doing a character meet in his study. I would highly recommend the Be Our Guest restaurant for dinner. It was definitely my favourite table service meal during our trip (we did 7 in total). We were going to try doing the Quick Service lunch there one day too but the lineup was way to long for us to wait. Also, for dessert I got the chocolate cupcake as I am a chocoholic but after trying a bite of my sons Strawberry one I wished I had of got it instead. Absolutely delicious. All of our meals were wonderful too.
Glad you were able to get in there for dinner. How long was the line at lunch though? We were there on Friday and lined up at 11:00 and sat by 11:25 which is not bad at all considering we've waited at other restaurants for that amount of time even with an ADR. Even when we came out around 12:15 the line was still the same length, now I don't know about later...the line at that time was just curved around and ended way before the bridge.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There's no meet and greet as it's usually defined. You can get a photo with the Beast. He doesn't sign autographs or visit tables.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

I didnt know this!! My friend chose against Beasts Castle for dinner because she thought there was no appearance by Beast and she loves Beast! I will pass this info along!

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
kimber11
Kimberley

It was just the strawberry cupcake, not the strawberry/lemonade one.

We were going to line up on the Wednesday for lunch but it was lined up past the bridge and around the corner so didn't bother waiting. Maybe the line does move fast. We didn't wait around long enough to see since we had dinner reservations on the Friday anyhow.
kimber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #11
mrsboz
DIS Veteran

What do you mean line up for lunch? You have to line up and can't make reservations?

:thumbsu2
mrsboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsboz View Post
What do you mean line up for lunch? You have to line up and can't make reservations?
Correct. Lunch is a QS meal and you can not make reservations. Dinner is a TS meal and you can make reservations for that.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #13
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

The Beast and Belle used to be a regular meet and greet near France in Epcot. Does that still happen? Is the Beast ever doing meet and greets in Magic Kingdom outside of Be Our Guest?
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #14
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123
The Beast and Belle used to be a regular meet and greet near France in Epcot. Does that still happen? Is the Beast ever doing meet and greets in Magic Kingdom outside of Be Our Guest?
Belle in her blue dress meets in france. We've only met Beast at MVMCP and now I want to say he doesn't appear there anymore.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #15
sintoc
Earning My Ears

Quote:

HTH

Claire
Do you know if the photopass is a photo pkg you have to purchase, or just like any other photopass photo?
sintoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: