Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #61
jmac323
Mouseketeer

We were at Disneyland last week and went into World of Disney one night. There were a ton of dolls there. The girls got fussy so we left without buying. We went back the last day of our trip (4 days later) and could not find a doll anywhere!! I was so bummed. I had no idea they would sell out that fast. My little one was so sad. Her birthday is coming in March so I'm hoping to find a dress and the doll.

Oh a note to those looking for bigger girls dresses....my 6 year old wear s a7/8 and what i've been doing is geting Halloween costumes (they will come in bigger sizes) after Halloween on clearance! Last year I got Jasmine, Aurora, Cinderella and Belle all for $5-10 each. I know it doesn't help now, but just somethig to think about later this year.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #62
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac323 View Post
what i've been doing is geting Halloween costumes (they will come in bigger sizes) after Halloween on clearance! Last year I got Jasmine, Aurora, Cinderella and Belle all for $5-10 each. I know it doesn't help now, but just somethig to think about later this year.

Not sure where you got Disney Princess dresses for $5? I don't think they ever went that low at TDS. Was it at another store?

There are some costumes on clearance at TDS, but not at that price.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #63
jmac323
Mouseketeer

Toys R Us had Disney princess costumes and I paid $5 for Belle 8-10 fo rthe others. So yes you can find them out here. Just because it's not TDS or you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it can't happen
Old 02-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #64
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
Not sure where you got Disney Princess dresses for $5? I don't think they ever went that low at TDS. Was it at another store?

There are some costumes on clearance at TDS, but not at that price.
I got all of those at Target this year doing the same thing. We got Rapunzel, Merida (2 of them actually) and an Ariel. All $5 each.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #65
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacieDreaminODisney
http://mattelbrandsmedia.com/product...44&product=126

I just saw the Sofia doll that Mattel is making, and she is sooo cute! I immediately thought of this thread, and thought I'd share the link.
How cute!!!

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #66
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentina View Post
Because of all the posts, I just picked up 2 dolls. THe store was fully stocked. I did not look for the dress but, they had the dolls, nightgowns, PJ's, a plastic set of some sort....

One doll is for OP if she still needs...second is for whomever comments first. It was $14.50. I could probably ship from work for 2 or 3 bucks (maybe less as we get a corp rate).
If you still have an extra doll I'd love to get it for my 4 year old daughter. Sofia has become her favorite over Belle!! I never thought that would happen!!! I can pm you my info if you do. Thank you!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #67
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac323 View Post
Toys R Us had Disney princess costumes and I paid $5 for Belle 8-10 fo rthe others. So yes you can find them out here. Just because it's not TDS or you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it can't happen

Great deal! I misunderstood. Just for play, what the heck, good enough!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #68
quentina
The bridge has been built and crossed
Old cups are just that.......old cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
If you still have an extra doll I'd love to get it for my 4 year old daughter. Sofia has become her favorite over Belle!! I never thought that would happen!!! I can pm you my info if you do. Thank you!
I do have one more! It was $14.50 for the doll...shipping seems to be running around $5.50 (for OP that was the cheapest we could get). If you want it, PM me.
quentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #69
MommaBarb
Mouseketeer

I just got a Sofia dress and amulet today. They had the crown, but I know my kids won't wear it. Our store has been getting them in AND getting calls from all over the country. I don't know how well our store is stocked but it is the Mall of America. I got the last 5/6. Call around to other stores. There were even a few dolls there, but they were shoved in haphazardly. All of the sofia stuff has been flying off the shelves. The CM I spoke with at the store told me that they were getting restocked but it all sells very fast.

I had emailed DisneyStore.com and I don't think they knew how popular this stuff would be, which doesn't make sense, especially with the timing of the movie release, right before Christmas.

Sofia is HUGE in my house, and we'll be in the world at DHS on my DD's birthday, so the dress is going to make her flip, I just know it.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #70
Pinkgirly
Mouseketeer

Does anyone still have a doll to sell? I would love one for my DD. if not I will call the disney store tomorrow.

Etsy ID: Solabowtique
Pinkgirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #71
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentina View Post
I do have one more! It was $14.50 for the doll...shipping seems to be running around $5.50 (for OP that was the cheapest we could get). If you want it, PM me.
Thank you! I actually made it to my local Disney Store and was able to pick one up for my DD today (didn't pick up any extra's cuz I wanted to make sure others were able to get them for their daughters)!! I saw a post a couple down where someone is looking for one so maybe you can pass it on to them? Thank you for the help and offer!! Now if I could just find the playset I'd be set!!! Trying to get my DD happy about going to school again and bribery seems to work really well when it's something she really wants!!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #72
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

The dresses in 5/6 seem to be the most difficult Sofia item to find right now. We get calls about it constantly, about as often as we get calls for the doll. I have no idea why they thought they would need so many dresses in 18-24 months and 2T/3T.

Next week amulets may be coming to a store near you, and more dresses. A note on the amulets, some people are returning broken ones. If I was you, and my child broke the elastic, I would string that amulet on a velvet cord, or some sort of thicker elastic, something. I am not saying you should have to do this, but the key part of it is the actual amulet, and those are not the problem. (I can understand returning it, of course, just saying, they are usually not in stock to get another one).
Old 02-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #73
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy4 View Post
I would so appreciate any help I can get, thank you!
Here is the link for amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Sofia-P...the+first+doll

$110 on Amazon!! So ridiculous!!
Not sure if you found this for a good price yet, as I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but it's $29.99 plus $5 shipping right now at the link you posted!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #74
jmac323
Mouseketeer

I hit my local Disney store yesterday. They had no dolls on the shelf and just a couple friends. No amulet or dress. I was walking around and found a doll laying by Merida and grabbed it. I then found another one misplaced. A clerk saw me grab it and asked if I needed more. She then brought out a dozen from the back and tons of the friends. I bought a doll and clover for DD2 upcoming birthday. I bought an extra doll for DD6 upcoming birthday and bought one additional doll for upcoming birthday gifts. No amulets or dresses and no PJ's in a 5/6 either. She said to keep checking as stuff was randomly coming in. Unfortunately the malls are not nearby.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #75
ellone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck
Next week amulets may be coming to a store near you, and more dresses. A note on the amulets, some people are returning broken ones. If I was you, and my child broke the elastic, I would string that amulet on a velvet cord, or some sort of thicker elastic, something. I am not saying you should have to do this, but the key part of it is the actual amulet, and those are not the problem. (I can understand returning it, of course, just saying, they are usually not in stock to get another one).
The amulet was poorly thought out. They should have either given it a clasp or made a little longer so you don't have to stretch it so much to get it over a child's head.

I did restring it using a better elastic from a crafts store.
ellone is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: