Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #16
Rachel Harmon
Earning My Ears

Poly vs. WL

Ok, not to throw a wrench in this conversation, but a travel agent friend of mine highly recommended the Polynesian...however, it would be a basic room. Between WLV and Poly garden view room (not suite), which would you choose??? The price would be exactly the same. Just wondering which would suit our family. Thanks so much for all your responses!
Rachel Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #17
amym2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Harmon View Post
Ok, not to throw a wrench in this conversation, but a travel agent friend of mine highly recommended the Polynesian...however, it would be a basic room. Between WLV and Poly garden view room (not suite), which would you choose??? The price would be exactly the same. Just wondering which would suit our family. Thanks so much for all your responses!
I've never stayed at the Poly, but personally I'd stick with the WLV to have separate sleeping space because I don't sleep well in a room with my kids. But if that isn't an issue for you, and if you don't plan on spending much time in the room anyway, then the Poly might work for you.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #18
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
We stayed at the Polynesian in a theme park view room for our first trip. We had our two nieces with us (and our four yr old son) and the room was great for the five of us. Plus it was nice seeing the castle from our patio (we were on the third floor of Tahiti - it was Moorea when we booked it). Easy to catch the monorail to Epcot (just a quick walk to the Ticket and Transportation Center from the Polynesian) or take the monorail or a boat to the MK (and we could take the larger ferry from the TTC as well).

When you say the VWL (Villas at Wilderness Lodge) villa - one bedroom I'm guessing - is the same as the Polynesian garden view, are you sure? Unless you are purchasing a reservation from a DVC member (called "renting DVC points"). A studio would not be separate rooms. The living area is the sleeping area.

Both the Cubs Den at WL and the Neverland Club at the Polynesian are very good kids' clubs.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #19
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Poly is our favorite resort and although we do love the WL, if having a kitchen and washer/dryer isn't a necessity, I would go with the Poly. We love the Poly for many reasons, with a few of them being the beach for watching the fireworks with a short walk back to your room afterwards, the volcano pool that backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle, Captain Cooks for quick CS meals/snacks, being on the monorail and just 2 stops from the MK, and being just a 5-7 minute walk from the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: