Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #2476
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

I landed in coral A - I submitted a 10K time of 1:01:43, so I'm thinking that put me pretty close to the cut-off between A and B. My SIL, who is running with me, is in coral C...as far as I know she didn't submit a time just indicated a 2:45 when registering. Anyways, I will be moving back to run with her, which I am more comfortable with anyways. Like a few others, I think we will start towards the back of C so all the men who would normally be in a earlier coral don't have to weave around us.

Getting pretty excited - 2 weeks from today I will be in sunny Florida instead of the currently very snowy Ontario
Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #2477
Jubilee
<3 my kids

Oh man, this is so exciting!!! I landed myself in B, which is probably completely accurate if I'm being honest with myself. I haven't been on the forums in a while so I have completely fallen out of touch with who I was talking to here..... but I'll be there solo, and ladies, I would love to hang out with some of you guys! I am going to be up there dancing like a fool.

I am dressing up (in process of making my costume.) Now how it will turn out, I am not sure. But it will be unique. I have a plan....lol

Last year I went as Rapunzel themed, this year it will be Sleeping Beauty themed.

Last year:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #2478
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
Julie, I feel exactly the same way--a little freaked about "breaking the rule" but possibly tempted enough to do it. Last year was my first princess and my first half and I figured I should check out the whole process. This year I'm not feeling the need to go from a dark parking lot through a cattle chute. I'm definitely a little nervous, but I'd be game with a buddy. I scoped it out last year, and it seemed completely do-able. I'm at POFQ. LMK if you're game!

Cate
You two just be careful. Sometimes walking places in Disney without sidewalks in the dark is more dangerous than you might think. I once long ago decided at night "It's not that far" and then found myself thinking "This is one of the worst decisions I've ever made" How much would it suck to get hit by a car or step on a gator after all this training?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #2479
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

it's funny. two weeks before marathon weekend the boards were lighting up about the weather. everyone was freaking out about the temperature.

and here we are two weeks out from the princess and i haven't seen anyone thinking about it. instead, we're all thinking about our costumes! LOL! we princesses know what's important

i finally got a WISH shirt! yay! lisaH sent me one in the mail and i've been wearing it all day. i'm going to wear it to the race. i wasn't planning on doing a costume but now that i have the WISH shirt i feel ready!

....nevermind that i haven't run in a week. hey, i ran the marathon a month ago. i need to re-taper
Old 02-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #2480
valeriejp
Earning My Ears

Mamacate, At the full marathon we did not have the congestion like princess did! Its the same walk to the corralls. No port-a-potties with line across the road! but plenty of them between the waiting area and the corrals. Just better placed.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #2481
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy
it's funny. two weeks before marathon weekend the boards were lighting up about the weather. everyone was freaking out about the temperature.

and here we are two weeks out from the princess and i haven't seen anyone thinking about it. instead, we're all thinking about our costumes! LOL! we princesses know what's important

i finally got a WISH shirt! yay! lisaH sent me one in the mail and i've been wearing it all day. i'm going to wear it to the race. i wasn't planning on doing a costume but now that i have the WISH shirt i feel ready!

....nevermind that i haven't run in a week. hey, i ran the marathon a month ago. i need to re-taper
Yup, it is too funny about the non-weather talk. I think we are looking around 80 as a high and 60 as a low. We have been having unusually hot weather down here.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #2482
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Like a few others, I think we will start towards the back of C so all the men who would normally be in a earlier coral don't have to weave around us.
I wouldn't yield too much here. There are only 13xx or so men. How many of them want to be in Corrals A & B? A better strategy is to know where the pace groups are for your expected finish time. Seed yourself by pace appropriately. You are right the front of corral is likely to be squirrely.

Small Rant to follow....

Last edited by flatlandcycle; 02-08-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: run on
Old 02-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #2483
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Yup, it is too funny about the non-weather talk. I think we are looking around 80 as a high and 60 as a low. We have been having unusually hot weather down here.
after the heat of marathon weekend, i feel like i'm ready for anything. that, and the fact that i won't need to cover as long of a distance. hopefully all of us being early will help with that.

i don't think i will even bother with throw away clothes.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #2484
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
How much would it suck to get hit by a car or step on a gator after all this training?
(Bolding is mine) That would be my fear - at least you can see cars coming! I live on a golf course in FL and run the cart path regularly... I see gators hanging near and in the water hazards all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post

and here we are two weeks out from the princess and i haven't seen anyone thinking about it. instead, we're all thinking about our costumes!
Hee hee, weather's been the #1 topic amongst my Princess running group! I'll say this: it's been a WARM winter down here in central-ish Florida. No guarantees, since it only takes one cold front to drop the temp into the 40s (or 30s, or even 20s), but we've had very few of those this year. A front came through last night... we dropped from a high of 80+ yesterday to a high of 73 today. Perfect for this Florida Princess, but my northern sisters are a little worried.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #2485
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Did I say small rant?

I need a strategy for Corral C running. My training partner is a solid A Corral runner. She is unlikely to move to A without me, although she would have a better run up there. We thought we would be in Corral B when we signed up. Our plan, originally, was to place ourselves between the Galloway 2:10 pace group and the 2:15 Clif group from the start.

We can average 10 minute miles Gallowalking or not. We are considering a bit up-tempo from the front of C with lots of walking breaks, then using a slower constant pace during the crowded choke points. After Polynesian/ mile 8.5 we might open the throttle a bit, and see what happens on the ramp and overpass hills.

To quote the line from Marathon Man, “Is it safe?” Putting fast runners in Corral C opens the race to more shenanigans by design. Most of the dudes in this race are there for support of their female running partners.

I think the reason that the males are seeded to Corral C is so that no male is likely to break the tape first; they were getting close last year. Maybe a solution would be to have a male only finish chute; male winners could finish on the right. This chute could be “dissolved” after the first female finisher(s) crosses the line.

What would happen if you don't identify with a specific gender at Race Relations with a Valid proof of time for Corral A?

Last edited by flatlandcycle; 02-08-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: space
Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #2486
Danhockey04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
First - LOVE this!
Second - you look soooo familiar, Dan... have you ever lived in the Tampa Bay area?
I lived in Tampa only to go to USF for a semester. The other two semesters, I commuted from home in Orlando. I do go to Busch Gardens occasionally. But I never lived in Tampa full time.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #2487
Danhockey04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandcycle View Post
I think the reason that the males are seeded to Corral C is so that no male is likely to break the tape first; they were getting close last year. Maybe a solution would be to have a male only finish chute; male winners could finish on the right. This chute could be “dissolved” after the first female finisher(s) crosses the line.
That is the exact reason. Males were before left to B and back, but the first 3 years, men have been the first to cross. Last year was the first year to move to C and back. I thought last year a guy still went first across, but guess I heard incorrect.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #2488
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
Thanks... I'm getting so stressed out about the time. I'm planning on getting a bus at 3 from POR. If we have to be in the corrals at 4.30, I need to leave Race Retreat at 3.30. That doesn't make any sense That will only give me 5 min at Race Retreat What time does others with Race Retreat plan on leaving for the corrals???
We are leaving CBR at 2:30 to drive over. I really would like to enjoy the race retreat more than a couple of min.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #2489
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhockey04 View Post
I thought last year a guy still went first across, but guess I heard incorrect.
There were guys close at halfway last year. I guess they won
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #2490
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
We are leaving CBR at 2:30 to drive over. I really would like to enjoy the race retreat more than a couple of min.
If I had a car, I would go at 2.30 as well. Someone pointed out that we have to be at the corrals around 5. That gives me 45 min at RR (Hopefully it only takes 45 min to walk to the start) Then I'll have time for a very quick breakfast, some stretching, potty and then go... I'll be stressed out before the race starts

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: