Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #31
cgolf
DIS Veteran

Lounge setup for breakfast

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Fantasy 1/13, 1/14
cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #32
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolf View Post
We just got back from our first concierge experience on the Fantasy today. PJ, Kemisha, and Alice were awesome. We had upgraded from a standard verandah stateroom and enjoyed the extra space and the nicer finish in the room (extra big balcony was awesome). The upgraded bedding and pillow options were a nice touch too.

Where to start, we absolutely loved the services that the concierge team provided. We are pretty low key guests, and I don’t believe that we even scratched the surface of what they could do for us, but just having them there knowing that they would help if needed was a relief. The lounge was wonderful, between sitting and chatting with the staff and guests, grabbing food or coffee, or the cocktails during happy hour, it was nice to know we had a place to go and relax and feel welcome.

To those out there trying to figure out if it is worth it or not, for us it turned out to be a resounding yes. It wasn't anything big that stood out that said this is worth the extra coin we shelled out, it is all the little things that they do for you that make the difference. One example is we did a Palo brunch and DW loved a certain spreadable cheese they had. We asked Kemisha if it would be possible to have it in the lounge some night around supper. We not only had it in the lounge every night the rest of the cruise, she got us our own package with some crackers to keep in our room (we hubbies could learn a lot from them). The little perks like that really sold us on it.

The sun deck was nice too, DW used it when she was not in satellite falls, because there was not a lot of lounger space up near the falls. My DM will be sailing concierge next year and I see her using the sun deck a lot. At times she had to search for a good spot to sit, so that will be perfect for her.

We also found that we didn't spend as much money this cruise because we were happy sticking to what was offered in the Lounge. The only issue we ran into was what do we tip the concierge staff. If any frequent concierge guests read this, could you pm us with some recommendations, we were a couple of 2 that really didn't burden the team with a lot of needs. We are pretty sure we tipped fair, but we are curious what others do. We did have a couple of other couples ask us for advice too, so we weren't the only ones in that boat.

I guess my worst fear came true, that we would love it so much we would need to rebook a concierge room. We even adjusted our cruise date so that we could get side by side stateroom with DM and DD so that we could open up the balcony between the two rooms.

Have pictures if anyone is interested, and will post more later.

cgolf
Yes, ex I'm interested in seeing your pics. My very 1st cruise is 2/24 and we r in concierge room 11004 on the Dream. We travel club level in all wdw resorts, most beach club & Floridian and we love it, so jumped at chance when we got this last minute deal..we booked 2 days ago and we leave in 36 days!

I'd love to see your pics!
ellensfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #33
dmark1867
Earning My Ears

Would like some clarification regarding the balcony

Would like some clarification regarding the balcony of cabin 12010 on the dream. On some pics I have found the balcony partitions or seperators extend the lenght of the balcony on some of the other pictures I have seen the last couple of feet of the balcony seem to be open and shared with the conjoining balconies on both sides.

Can anyone clarify how the balcony setup is on the "bump" balconies?

Thanks!
dmark1867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #34
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmark1867 View Post
Would like some clarification regarding the balcony of cabin 12010 on the dream. On some pics I have found the balcony partitions or seperators extend the lenght of the balcony on some of the other pictures I have seen the last couple of feet of the balcony seem to be open and shared with the conjoining balconies on both sides.

Can anyone clarify how the balcony setup is on the "bump" balconies?

Thanks!
The partitions extend the entire length of the balcony. There is no shared space with the balconies on the sides. Perhaps in the pictures where it looked like the last few feet were open the staterooms were traveling together and asked for the partition to be opened. The partitions can also be opened when the crew is cleaning too.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:01 AM   #35
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

More pictures!

It looks like you don't need to go anywhere for breakfast except the lounge!

The loungers aren't able to see the ocean right? Is there music? Is it breezy? Because that looks nice!

Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #36
dmark1867
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomagic View Post
The partitions extend the entire length of the balcony. There is no shared space with the balconies on the sides. Perhaps in the pictures where it looked like the last few feet were open the staterooms were traveling together and asked for the partition to be opened. The partitions can also be opened when the crew is cleaning too.
Thanks for the reply!

That is nice to know

I was a little concerned, I was looking at these

disboards dot com showpost.php?p=42560441&postcount=9

Picture here:
i1191.photobucket dot com /albums/z475/tonya126/20110202_0248.jpg

Thanks! Danny
dmark1867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #37
KarenMP59
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
More pictures!

It looks like you don't need to go anywhere for breakfast except the lounge!

The loungers aren't able to see the ocean right? Is there music? Is it breezy? Because that looks nice!

No, you can't see the ocean. There is music. It's an awesome place but I would only say that there isn't enough shade. Most of the seating is in full sun. I don't remember it being breezy. It's pretty protected on all sides. You could almost eat exclusively in the lounge but then you would miss the awesome restaurants!! Pace yourself lol

Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea February 2001Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2004Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2005Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2009Fantasy Eastern Caribbean May 2012Fantasy Eastern Caribbean April 2013Fantasy Western Caribbean March 2014Wonder Alaska September 2014Fantasy Eastern Caribbean February 2015

DVC 1997
Too many visits to WDW to count
KarenMP59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #38
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

Can you please tell me more about the lounge? Hours it is open, what foods are available, beverages...Do the "adult beverages" from the bar cost money? Anything else you can tell me is appreciated. Considering coincerge for Sept. Thanks!
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #39
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
Can you please tell me more about the lounge? Hours it is open, what foods are available, beverages...Do the "adult beverages" from the bar cost money? Anything else you can tell me is appreciated. Considering coincerge for Sept. Thanks!
The lounge is open from 7:00am -10:00 pm. Throughout the day there will be continental breakfast, lunch snacks, afternoon treats, dinner snacks, and then dessert offerings for approx the last hour the lounge is open. There is also an assortment of whole fruit available too. Every night for 45 minutes before both main and late dining they hold a cocktail hour - no charge for drinks. Always available at no charge -milk, juice, bottled water, cans of soda, specialty coffees & tea, hot chocolate.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #40
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

Thank you! Your trip report was well written, interesting and thorough!!
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #41
Tami0220
Chip & Dale Fanatic

Quote:
The lounge is open from 7:00am -10:00 pm. Throughout the day there will be continental breakfast, lunch snacks, afternoon treats, dinner snacks, and then dessert offerings for approx the last hour the lounge is open. There is also an assortment of whole fruit available too. Every night for 45 minutes before both main and late dining they hold a cocktail hour - no charge for drinks. Always available at no charge -milk, juice, bottled water, cans of soda, specialty coffees & tea, hot chocolate.
The "cans" of soda that are available could they include root beer or soda water or are they strictly the coke and sprite that are usually available in your room?

Tami & Mike
Tami0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #42
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami0220 View Post
The "cans" of soda that are available could they include root beer or soda water or are they strictly the coke and sprite that are usually available in your room?
Coke, Diet Coke & Sprite for sure are out for the taking however there is soda water too. If it is not out, just ask one of the concierge hosts and they will be more than happy to get it for you. As for root beer, that I don't know. Honestly I don't remember seeing any when the concierge host opened up where the soda and water are stored, but there could be.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #43
pudinhd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolf View Post
Thanks for the pictures!! Quick question... Are there really 2 TVs in the room? The TV by the bed is not on the 360 degree viewer on the DCL website, so I found your picture very interesting. Thanks!!
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise, 2014 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise, 2014 Backstage Magic ABD
pudinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #44
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudinhd View Post
Thanks for the pictures!! Quick question... Are there really 2 TVs in the room? The TV by the bed is not on the 360 degree viewer on the DCL website, so I found your picture very interesting. Thanks!!
Yes, on the Fantasy there are 2 tv's in the Cat. V rooms. This is different from the Dream whereas the only tv is the one in the desk area.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #45
pudinhd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, on the Fantasy there are 2 tv's in the Cat. V rooms. This is different from the Dream whereas the only tv is the one in the desk area.
Thank you for your response! That is very interesting!!
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise, 2014 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise, 2014 Backstage Magic ABD
pudinhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: