Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #31
luvdisney77
Mouseketeer

Is the CSR Business Level the same as Deluxe Club level though?
Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/26 - 3/5/11
POP CENTURY during MVMCP!! 11/25-12/3/11:santa
So far, no trip on the horizon. Need $ and FD!
luvdisney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #32
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

We have only booked CL with a 40% discount, so it usually came to about $100/more per night. Last summer we stayed WL CL, and in April we will try YC CL.

We are definitely not rich, and again, without the discount, we would not book it. We realize that you do not get a dollar for dollar value out of the upcharge, but there are so many things that make it worth it for my family of four.

We love the breakfast in the morning. We are not huge breakfast people, so the offerings in the lounge are perfect for us. We love not having to fight with crowds at a QS for breakfast, and the ability to make our own coffee.

Our kids are grazers...so having fresh fruit, snacks and drinks available for them whenever they are all "I'm hungry, or I'm thirsty" is wonderful!

DH and I both enjoy being able to have one or two adult beverages in the evening, and we all love the appetizer offerings.

We love that CL made us slow down at Disney. We used to be commando, but CL made us feel like we had to come back and enjoy the offerings (because we were paying for it). Last summer's stay at WL CL was the most relaxing vacation ever!

We love knowing what floor we will be on ahead of time.

We love the assistance of the IPO. Yes, I still make some of my reservations but having IPO is wonderful, especially the way some of the CRO CM's seem to be trained now... I love that I can call and reach a human being and not an automated system. Or, I can pop them an email and get a response back pretty quickly.

And yes, we do notice a little extra level of service staying CL. When we are on vacation, that is just nice, and something we are willing to splurge for.

We also love having the DVD player in the room with all the movies to borrow. That is great on a rainy day!

We tend to do longer stays (11 days) so having the extra room of the lounge is great for us.

Obviously, it's probably not a great fit for everyone, but those are the reasons we love it, and again, we would only book it with a good discount.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #33
M1Thumb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We have only booked CL with a 40% discount, so it usually came to about $100/more per night. Last summer we stayed WL CL, and in April we will try YC CL.
How does one get a discount on CL?
M1Thumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #34
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Thumb View Post
We are using the military discount, but I have seen the CL rooms being included in many of the general public discounts, and AP discounts. It all comes down to availability, but discounts usually apply to CL rooms as well.

Even the current spring offer has CL rooms available.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #35
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniqueand2 View Post
A question for those who use CL for breakfast. Do you often to to Early MH?

Do you have time to eat CL and get on a bus to get to a park early enough?
We stayed CL at BC and just couldn't deal with the breakfasts. The place was incredibly crowded and it just wasn't worth the aggrvation..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #36
luvdisney77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdisney77 View Post
Is the CSR Business Level the same as Deluxe Club level though?
If it's not the same, then I'm guessing I won't waste the $$ on it.
Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/26 - 3/5/11
POP CENTURY during MVMCP!! 11/25-12/3/11:santa
So far, no trip on the horizon. Need $ and FD!
luvdisney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #37
samacita
Mouseketeer

All these interesting comments are making me wonder about booking CL as room only and skipping a dining plan. CL sounds expensive, but it is cheaper than DDP. And one of our kids is not a big eater. If CL means not having to pay for dining plan and maybe just a couple of out of pocket meals, I wonder if it would be worth it. Hmm... I have some numbers to crunch, but in the meantime, anyone have an opinion on that?
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #38
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
All these interesting comments are making me wonder about booking CL as room only and skipping a dining plan. CL sounds expensive, but it is cheaper than DDP. And one of our kids is not a big eater. If CL means not having to pay for dining plan and maybe just a couple of out of pocket meals, I wonder if it would be worth it. Hmm... I have some numbers to crunch, but in the meantime, anyone have an opinion on that?
yes, this is sort of how we view it as well. when figuring out our cost, we count definitely needing to buy lunch every day (the food in the lounge at lunch is just snacks, like pretzels, cookies, gummy bears, etc.). we also count on buying some quick service food in the evenings. for instance, sometimes we are still hungry so we will grab some fries later at the resort.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #39
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdisney77 View Post
If it's not the same, then I'm guessing I won't waste the $$ on it.
i can't remember which thread it was on, but i was just reading all about CSR CL somewhere on here this week. it is totally not the same as deluxe club level but still sounded nice. maybe try the CL thread or the CSR thread?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #40
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
Yes, I have an opinion.

We stayed WL CL in July and had the DDP. We thought that it was too much food. We found that in order to make it an ADR, we had to skip the lounge time so we didn't get all of the use out of the lounge that we could have.

For our upcoming trip, we are doing CL w/out the DDP. We only have 5 ADR's for our whole 11 day trip and most of those are lunch (when the lounge offerings are minimal). I think this is going to be a way better strategy for us to really get maximum benefit out of CL. The cost to upgrade to CL for 10 nights was $1030. The cost of the DDP would be $1400'ish...but, we feel that the DDP doesn't really fit the way we eat...we would never order deserts at every meal...sometimes, we just want an appetizer to share, etc...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 02-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #41
jecon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Yes, I have an opinion.

We stayed WL CL in July and had the DDP. We thought that it was too much food. We found that in order to make it an ADR, we had to skip the lounge time so we didn't get all of the use out of the lounge that we could have.

For our upcoming trip, we are doing CL w/out the DDP. We only have 5 ADR's for our whole 11 day trip and most of those are lunch (when the lounge offerings are minimal). I think this is going to be a way better strategy for us to really get maximum benefit out of CL. The cost to upgrade to CL for 10 nights was $1030. The cost of the DDP would be $1400'ish...but, we feel that the DDP doesn't really fit the way we eat...we would never order deserts at every meal...sometimes, we just want an appetizer to share, etc...
I couldn't agree more!!!
jecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #42
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Thumb

I booked YC CL with the bounce back discount for next October while we were there last week.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #43
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

We are trying YC CL for the first time In August with out the DDP. This will be our first trip without the DDP. Our reasoning for not getting the plan was not to be stuck to a schedule. We are staying 7 days and plan on making 3 ADR ;cape may clam bake, T. rex and character bk. we also want to try beaches and cream. I agree with the the poster that said the dinning plan and lounge is too much.

I called a cm about the CSR lounge. And from what they said its not the same. They offer a lot less.

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #44
Swirly girls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
The difference with club level is you pay what it costs for a week or two of groceries EVERY NIGHT for the privilege of having access to a lounge with some appetizers and continental breakfast. Oh, and you get access to a concierge desk that will do for you what you can do for yourself if you spend 2 minutes online.

Whoopdie doo
Your reply was hilarious... And i don't mean to be disrespectful by saying that. I truly giggled out loud.
We're going next fall and will be staying at the GF club level, theme park view room. I've heard mixed responses on the club level. Most it's about the cost.

We have 3 teenager daughters. None of us are real big eaters. I'm confident that eating at club level will be plenty for us with a little yummy snacking at the parks through out our day.

We would of spent $1900 on dining plan, we've been to Disney before, and I knew we'd never eat $1900 worth of food! My girls aren't into all the character meals any longer, been there and done all that!!

I'll let you all know after our trip if we thought it was worth it.
I'm quite confident that it will be too!! The ambience, extra attention, room view, food, and personal cm seem worth it to us -- it's our vacation after all, and we can afford it.
Swirly girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #45
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
Our reasoning for not getting the plan was not to be stuck to a schedule.
You still end up being tied to a schedule- just a more flexible one.

Often the most stressful part of our triups is trying to get to ADR's on time...then waiting well after our ADR time for our table to be ready. The old "rush to wait."

DDP - regular DDP and club level is too much food for us, unless we did signature meals/room service, but why? A main reason for DDP was the savings. That's gone.

With CL, our out of pocket expenses are about as follows: At lunch, we usually eat QS, but less than one meal per person. If we have a buffet dinner, we might only have an ice crema ofr lunch or a cup of soup. Dinner=ADR's. Some days we do bufffets, other days we do about a 3-4meals per 5 pple ratio of just entrees. About 3/4 the way through the trip we all feel overfed.

Once in great while, we'll do a simple sit down lunch or breakfast for the table service and share. The brewpub on the BWK is a favorite.

We also have a few snacks. No trip is complete with out a !!!!

Oh, and the biggie- we almost always make a point of having plenty of off-property bottled water.

Last edited by mickeyluv'r; 02-08-2013 at 09:51 AM.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: