Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #24
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bom_noite View Post

Time will tell who is right and who is wrong. But, am confident my theories are correct. Why: Logic wins 99.9 of the time.
That's typically how it works here...whether in the short term or in the long...
By the way, everyone...Harry Potter IS fading...as expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bom_noite View Post
entire "It should be Anaheim only sentiment" is ridiculous fodder that Iger looks past with no second thought! He will move this thing to Orlando, Paris, Hong Kong, China and four cities in Ecuador if he thinks it will be profitable! If you owned Disney Stock you would fire him if he did any less!

Do you honestly think a guy who makes 40 Million and wants to make 50 Million thinks "Carsland should be West Coast only?" No, he thinks can I got a potential winner here! Can it make me 5 more million if we took this east, to China, to Paris, to Tokyo?

While I love the DisBoards, the lunacy sometimes escapes me. Think like a guy who makes 40 Million and wants to make 50 Million. Not a guy who makes 40K and wants to make 50K while a bluebird is on his shoulder.

Trust me, there are more Orlando Execs sipping their morning coffee smiling and agreeing with me then many others here.
i agree...the thought process here tends to be coming from the wrong direction off the mental highway...

And that's why i agree wholeheartedly that they could put the cars attractions all over the map to save on cost and increase return. especially in the chinese parks. (though archaic love of internal combustion engines is more of an american thing...isn't it?)

BUT i don't necessarily agree that Orlando is a slam dunk scenario on that. Its ALREADY their frontline cash cow...investment actually delays the cash coming out of it in many ways.
The question is: does carlsand hold the same return on dollar at Studios that it did at DCA?

From an exposure standpoint...you'd think yes...many more potential customers (and southern fried ones...as well).
But from an impact on the park/themepark business segment perspective?...I'm not sold on that.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: