Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #451
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I think we have finally decided on this resort for our November trip. I was going back an forth on which resort would be best for our 6 year old daughter. In 2011 we stayed at CBR and absolutely loved it. My dd loved the pirate ship pool for little ones, BUT this year she will be too big for it . What does CSR have for little ones her age to do? Do they show nightly movies (incase we have an "off" night from parks)? What is the play area like/will she be too big for it? Down time for her and my hubby is pool time...what are the pools like? My down time is shopping
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #452
dminnie
DIS Veteran

Are all the dining options at CSR non-disney owned? Does eating there still have that "Disney" feel? At the same time....is the food better/worse than the quality of Disney restaurants?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #453
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
Hi everyone! I think we have finally decided on this resort for our November trip. I was going back an forth on which resort would be best for our 6 year old daughter. In 2011 we stayed at CBR and absolutely loved it. My dd loved the pirate ship pool for little ones, BUT this year she will be too big for it . What does CSR have for little ones her age to do? Do they show nightly movies (incase we have an "off" night from parks)? What is the play area like/will she be too big for it? Down time for her and my hubby is pool time...what are the pools like? My down time is shopping
The playground at the CSR is very cool (there should be pictures on Page 1 or 2 of this thread). She will love the Jaguar slide and she can wear a life jacket going down it if I am not mistaken. They do have movies and a marshmellow roast.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #454
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminnie View Post
Are all the dining options at CSR non-disney owned? Does eating there still have that "Disney" feel? At the same time....is the food better/worse than the quality of Disney restaurants?
I'm not sure what you mean by a "Disney feel" at the restaurants. I've eaten at all of the moderate food courts and have never noticed a "Disney" feel. None of the restaurants at the Coronado are owned by Disney...they are run by an off-site group. We have always enjoyed our meals at the Pepper Market (and we've eaten there at least one for all ten of our trips).
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #455
dminnie
DIS Veteran

I think what I meant by "Disney feel" is: if I didn't know it was owned by an outside vendor, would I even notice or would I be feeling like I had gone offsite? Are the employees acting like Disney CM's?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #456
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminnie View Post
I think what I meant by "Disney feel" is: if I didn't know it was owned by an outside vendor, would I even notice or would I be feeling like I had gone offsite? Are the employees acting like Disney CM's?
The CM's at the Pepper Market have had good reviews and bad reviews. Truthfully, all they do is bring you your drinks and silverware and refill your glasses.

Other than that, the food is good and it's a great deal on the dining plan.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #457
itsmeamanda
Mouseketeer

Quick and strange question:

Does ME run from CSR to the McDonald's?

DH is attempting to talk me into flying and I've found a great deal on a flight, so I am considering it. But I had planned to grab some quick meals at McDonald's a few times during the week that we're there (we're not on the dining plan).
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #458
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeamanda View Post

DH is attempting to talk me into flying and I've found a great deal on a flight, so I am considering it. But I had planned to grab some quick meals at McDonald's a few times during the week that we're there (we're not on the dining plan).
No.

ME only runs between the airport and your resort. Sometimes they make stops at various resorts such as All Star Resorts and CSR. But they do not make any other stops.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

Old 02-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #459
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeamanda

You mean disney buses? No they don't. Magical Express is the coach service that takes you to and from the airport. The only way to get to the mcdonald's on property is to drive (or cab) or walk, but the walk may be dangerous. Not sure if there are pedestrian sidewalks there can't remember. Good luck!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #460
glamdring269
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone. We're looking at an Oct 5 - 12 trip later this year and I'm trying to figure out where to stay. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it but are considering risking a change of scenery this year. Two adults. No kids. And we will more than likely end up doing the Tower of Terror 10 mile run on Oct 5th.

Have any of you stayed at both? Any likes, dislikes, preferences between the two, etc. you could share would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #461
E&As Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdring269 View Post
Hi everyone. We're looking at an Oct 5 - 12 trip later this year and I'm trying to figure out where to stay. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it but are considering risking a change of scenery this year. Two adults. No kids. And we will more than likely end up doing the Tower of Terror 10 mile run on Oct 5th.

Have any of you stayed at both? Any likes, dislikes, preferences between the two, etc. you could share would be greatly appreciated!
Hi there! We stayed at POR in 2008 (2 adults, 2 kids), CBR in 2010, and at CSR in 2011. We are planning for a trip back to CSR in September this year. In our semi-limited experience in staying on property, CSR is without a doubt our favorite resort, with POR a close 2nd. We loved the layout and the fact that the resort was spread out. Seem like a lot of people hate that about the mods, but we feel that it adds to the charm of a resort... makes it seem relaxing and quiet. The theming was beautiful to us (we actually requested and stayed back in the Ranchos section) and while a lot of folks complain about CSR being a convention resort and not "screaming" with Disney theming, we enjoy it. The bus transportation @ CSR has been the best we experienced, and we love that it's so close to EPCOT and DHS. Being tall, the queen sized beds are much appreciated, and I like the fact that the room and bathroom are separated by sliding doors instead of just a curtain... gave me a little privacy to get ready in the mornings and allowed my girls to sleep in a little while I made lots of noise. The main pool is great, too.

The only thing that does stand out to me in regards to POR is the boat to DTD... it's a nice perk. But aside from that, CSR is much more appealing to us and we can't wait to go back!

Good luck choosing!
~Kelly

Visits:
1977 - mid 1990s - Too many visits to count, 1999 - Delayed Honeymoon and DH's 1st trip to The World , 2008 - POR - Grand Gathering of 14 Mousekeeteers and our girls' first trip to The World, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - CSR, 2013 - All Star Sports - Surprise trip to proudly watch my niece march @ MK, 2013 - CSR, 2014 - Old Key West - Celebration Vacation! , 2015 - Yacht Club
DCL:
October 2014 - Disney Wonder
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #462
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdring269

We did the ToT race this past sept/oct and stayed at CSR as well! We also stayed at POR in Feb '12 for the Princess Half. We really liked POR a lot, but CSR is our fave for many reasons. Right off the bat, the queen size beds are amazing. Best beds ever! We get a King room now bc of the giant bed and extra space to stretch and foam roll lol. The theming at CSR is really luxurious and upscale for a mod. There is a 24 fitness center that is open to guests, and they also have spa and salon services. We arent huge fans of the food court but lots of people love it. We generally get breakfast foods for the room and then eat at the parks and other resorts. Cant speak to the buses because we rent a car, but we've only heard good things about them. The main pool is a really cool mayan temple theme, and there is also a smaller pool by Casitas.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 02-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #463
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

I am posting this from CSR! Just wanted to add to the last post. There are also quiet pools at Ranchos and Cabanas.

I have walked this property several times this trip: so beautiful, calm, relaxing.

I am staying Business Class and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I leave tomorrow and will post my thoughts and pictures this weekend. (This is my 6th or 7th stay at CSR, but my first Business Class.)

Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #464
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I am posting this from CSR! Just wanted to add to the last post. There are also quiet pools at Ranchos and Cabanas.

I have walked this property several times this trip: so beautiful, calm, relaxing.

I am staying Business Class and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I leave tomorrow and will post my thoughts and pictures this weekend. (This is my 6th or 7th stay at CSR, but my first Business Class.)
I'm glad to hear you had a great time... I look forward to reading about your visit and can't wait to hear about business class.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #465
dminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The CM's at the Pepper Market have had good reviews and bad reviews. Truthfully, all they do is bring you your drinks and silverware and refill your glasses.

Other than that, the food is good and it's a great deal on the dining plan.
So, they bring you drinks and silverware and you have to pay a 10% extra fee for that? Do you also tip them? I thought they brought you the food as well.

Reviews seem kind of hard to figure out on this since most are from when it was a buffet. What is it like since they dropped the buffet?

We are not on the dining plan. Is is overpriced compared to other food courts if you're paying OOP? I'm starting to wonder if I need to plan to avoid having any meals at the resort.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: