Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
kirinmd
Earning My Ears

wristband fast pass vs. traditional

3 fast passes just doesnt seem enough. Does anyone know if the band can be combined with traditional?
kirinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Nobody knows how it will work once it's finally rolled out. Stay tuned and cross your fingers
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirinmd
3 fast passes just doesnt seem enough. Does anyone know if the band can be combined with traditional?
Not sure I understand the question, but according to most everything I've read FP and FP+ will be mutually exclusive.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

For the time being, FP will not be replaced by FP+. They augment and compliment, not replace. Though, as always, things change.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds View Post
For the time being, FP will not be replaced by FP+. They augment and compliment, not replace. Though, as always, things change.
It seems the Terms & Conditions page of disneyworld.com would suggest otherwise. According to the latest info, the two will be mutually exclusive (as Mesaboy2 said), but only one thing is certain right now: MyMagic+ (which includes FastPass+, My Disney Experience, and the MagicBand) will be happening. Beyond that, we have no "official" information, so your guest is as good as mine, though.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
It seems the Terms & Conditions page of disneyworld.com would suggest otherwise. According to the latest info, the two will be mutually exclusive (as Mesaboy2 said), but only one thing is certain right now: MyMagic+ (which includes FastPass+, My Disney Experience, and the MagicBand) will be happening. Beyond that, we have no "official" information, so your guest is as good as mine, though.
I asked directly and was told that the FP+ would not replace in-park FastPass options, especially as FP+ is only initially available to resort guests. It may change in the future, but for the time being, they will work together.

When it was described to me, they said that an in-park system would still have to exist for those who are doing day trips and those who are local AP folks who come by regularly, but don't plan extensive stays. I was told that, with the FP+ system, because if favors resort guests and those who will make the 60/90 day window for FP+ scheduling, they would have to keep a FP system within the park that is much the same as exists now, only with less available in-park to balance out the FP+ demand, so that everybody would have access to the system and those who are local, AP, or spontaneous visitors will not have the same access to features that other guests do. I was told this was one of the complaints about the system that people brought up, and the retaining of the internal system was the response.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°

Last edited by Tropical Wilds; 02-07-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirinmd
Nope, in the terms and condition it stated once you opt. Into FP + you will no longer be able to use the old system

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran

Please forgive my ignorance but FP+ is basically a way to schedule fast passes in advance correct? So you could sit at your computer and reserve fast passes two months in advance?

If that is the case I'm not sure I like it.
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
pauly's girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
Please forgive my ignorance but FP+ is basically a way to schedule fast passes in advance correct? So you could sit at your computer and reserve fast passes two months in advance?

If that is the case I'm not sure I like it.
I agree!! I love planning Disney but thats crazy...I still like taking my time and not being on such a strict timeline!!
Sept. 2010~POP
Sept. 2013~ASMo
Sept. 2014~AS Sports

ME: DH: DD16 DS12
pauly's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #10
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly's girl View Post
I agree!! I love planning Disney but thats crazy...I still like taking my time and not being on such a strict timeline!!
I have a sneaking suspicion that FP+ will end up being like ADR. Sometimes, for the most popular restaurants and times, if you don't make an ADR 5 months before your trip you won't get your preferred location or time. I have no idea what I want to eat for lunch tomorrow let alone 6 months from now. I don't like being locked in that much. I like to go with the flow more.

One concern I have with FP+, and I don't know exactly how it works so this may be a moot point. But, you sign up for fast passes before you go. So say you arrange for a fast pass for TSM or something for early in the morning. My concern is that people using FP+ will scoop up all the early fast passes at the more popular rides so when I, who didn't use FP+ in advance, show up to DHS at RD and immediately proceed to TSM to get a fast pass only to find out my allotted time to return is at 4:30 in the afternoon because everyone using FP+ snatched up all the earlier times. This means that I can't get another fast pass for any other rides until after 4:30 when the one for TSM expires.

It just seems like it would be really unfair to some people. Unless of course they only allow FP+ users a certain number of fast passes for each time frame. That might be ok.
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
livingthedream
Mouseketeer

Question Source?

Quote:
I asked directly and was told that the FP+ would not replace in-park FastPass options, especially as FP+ is only initially available to resort guests. It may change in the future, but for the time being, they will work together.

When it was described to me, they said that an in-park system would still have to exist for those who are doing day trips and those who are local AP folks who come by regularly, but don't plan extensive stays. I was told that, with the FP+ system, because if favors resort guests and those who will make the 60/90 day window for FP+ scheduling, they would have to keep a FP system within the park that is much the same as exists now, only with less available in-park to balance out the FP+ demand, so that everybody would have access to the system and those who are local, AP, or spontaneous visitors will not have the same access to features that other guests do. I was told this was one of the complaints about the system that people brought up, and the retaining of the internal system was the response.
Who told you this?
livingthedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #12
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly's girl View Post
If it's true we're only getting 3 FP+ then that's not too much of a schedule to follow. You've got 10-12 more hours to take your time.

I think a lot of people (like us) go to the rope drop rush to ...say TSM grab a FP right away and then get in line. That way we're guaranteed 2 rides on busy days. BUT with FP+ I can schedule late afternoon or evening so it gives me 2 rides but a little breathing room between. Something like TT in EPCOT can usually be ridden twice after rope drop with little wait time. I can get a 3rd ride later then by scheduling. So there are advantages IMO

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #13
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
Nobody knows how it will work once it's finally rolled out. Stay tuned and cross your fingers

OP: When is your trip? No wristbands in use yet, and maybe not by the time of your trip. Only time will tell if FP+ will completely replace traditional FP.

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #14
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's entirely possible that both systems will run (or two systems of some kind), but it's also designed (as far as we can tell, from everything that Disney *has* said/published so far) that from an individual guest experience it is one or the other. So, perhaps 2 different systems run, but it seems that as an individual you will use one system or the other but not both.

WDW once a year since 2003!
bleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #15
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

A fair way of managing kiosk fastpasses and wristband Fastpass Plus is to use the lockout period. For example if you reserved two rides using FP+ there would be an up to 4 hour (2 times 2 hour) delay after you entered the park and then you could pull regular FP. (Your total lockout could be less for specific rides or on less busy days depending on the lockouts for the rides you chose; also it could be set up so you could pull regular FP after your last FP+ matures if that comes sooner.)

Last edited by seashoreCM; 02-08-2013 at 08:05 AM.
seashoreCM is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: