Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #736
funforall
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disDaily View Post
PS if anyone wants SPAM gear, I can bring you some! Or any of the variety of SPAM flavors...we got em.
Are there varieties of spam? I have never seen variations on the original, however at one time we could get single serving packages but have not seen them lately

Last edited by funforall; 02-07-2013 at 12:48 PM.
funforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #737
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disDaily

I have two interested maybe three.
Excellent! We are going to be cutting it close, but really hoping to make the 25 person minimum! Are you on our FB page? :-)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #738
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
PS if anyone wants SPAM gear, I can bring you some! Or any of the variety of SPAM flavors...we got em.
Different flavors of SPAM? I am intrigued!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #739
disDaily
Earning My Ears

I am not on the Facebook page.

Yes there is spam, spam light, low soduim span, golden spam, spicy spam, bacon spam, turkey spam...those are all I can remember off the top of my head. We do have the sigle serrving pouches here BTW.

Is anyone else who has a GTY room still waiting on a room assignment?

Has anyone done one of the Villa Spa treatments? It is our honeymoon and I am considering it. We did a couples massage on the Fantasty and honestly were not totally impressed. I was wondering what other's opinions are?
disDaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #740
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am not on the Facebook page.

Yes there is spam, spam light, low soduim span, golden spam, spicy spam, bacon spam, turkey spam...those are all I can remember off the top of my head. We do have the sigle serrving pouches here BTW.
What is Golden Spam? We honeymooned in Hawaii many years ago, and I was amazed at the pervasiveness of Spam.

Could you please message me the names of the two definites for the cocktail party, and the stateroom number? If the third decides to join, we can add them to the list. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #741
disDaily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
What is Golden Spam? We honeymooned in Hawaii many years ago, and I was amazed at the pervasiveness of Spam.

Could you please message me the names of the two definites for the cocktail party, and the stateroom number? If the third decides to join, we can add them to the list. Thanks!
I don't have enough posts to send a PM yet...But we are all adults and I am not worried about a stalker at this point so...If it is Mixology it will be Jeff And Christa Daily and we don't have a stateroom yet we are GTY.

If it is wine it is Christa Daily (me) and my mother Lora Petersson and neither of us have a stateroom yet.

How do I get added to the Facebook group?

I am Christa Van Gundy Daily on facebook

Golden Spam has something to do with Spam-a-lot and has added honey.
disDaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #742
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't have enough posts to send a PM yet...But we are all adults and I am not worried about a stalker at this point so...If it is Mixology it will be Jeff And Christa Daily and we don't have a stateroom yet we are GTY.

If it is wine it is Christa Daily (me) and my mother Lora Petersson and neither of us have a stateroom yet.

How do I get added to the Facebook group?

I am Christa Van Gundy Daily on facebook

Golden Spam has something to do with Spam-a-lot and has added honey.
Ok, great! We have decided to make the event a full open bar, to accommodate everyone. I hope that means all three of you will be joining us, but let me know if not.

Here is a link to our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/magicgoestexan/

There seems to be more conversation over there; come join us!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #743
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, great! We have decided to make the event a full open bar, to accommodate everyone. I hope that means all three of you will be joining us, but let me know if not.

Here is a link to our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/magicgoestexan/

There seems to be more conversation over there; come join us!
OK, I just did a request on the facebook page - hopefully whoever needs to approve it will match it to me here. Let me know if I need to give more info so you know who I am. I've been avoiding Facebook and don't really know how to use it, but am interested in this meet so hopefully I can figure it out!

Since it's an open bar, there's no minimum purchase or anything, right? It's just a set time for those of us from here to meet and find each other (& enjoy some drinks). Assuming so, then count me in for 2 ladies - my Mom and I.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #744
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

It looks we have met our minimum and our party is a go! I will have some specific details from our event planner tomorrow about the drink menu in Sessions and whether we can add new attendees once onboard. One important piece of information to note: Once you are confirmed for the event, your onboard account will be charged whether or not you actually attend. As they are providing bar staff to a closed area for our event, I think this is reasonable. If there is any chance you would want to cancel at the last minute, please let me know before I submit the list to DCL. Thanks!

Here is our "YES" list:

Alexis & Tim
Elaine & Jim
Sherri & Ken
Josh & *Crystal
Vicki & Bill
Mike & Sonia
John & Michelle
Melinda & Christopher (guests/in place of Danny & Alexis)
Sonny & Jennifer
Lisa & Troy
Dianne & Mark Puckett
Brandon & Jennifer
Denise & Chad
Melissa & Ivan
Jeff & Christa Daily
Angela & Steve
Angela & Scott
Angie & Bernie
Jenn & *Matthew
Donna & Paul
Diane
Gena
Douglas
Rebecca
Lora Petersson
Michelle
Judy
Mary Beth
Carole

* Non-drinker

Please let me know if I missed anyone or if I added anyone who is not attending. Looking forward to this fun gathering!

Last edited by threewilmingtonwalls; 02-15-2013 at 10:17 PM.
threewilmingtonwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #745
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareed View Post
OK, I just did a request on the facebook page - hopefully whoever needs to approve it will match it to me here. Let me know if I need to give more info so you know who I am. I've been avoiding Facebook and don't really know how to use it, but am interested in this meet so hopefully I can figure it out!

Since it's an open bar, there's no minimum purchase or anything, right? It's just a set time for those of us from here to meet and find each other (& enjoy some drinks). Assuming so, then count me in for 2 ladies - my Mom and I.

Great! I will be on the lookout for your FB request! The event is a private party in Sessions lounge, and does include an open bar but there is a $20 per person charge, which covers your drinks. Each attendee will be charged on their onboard account. Let me know if you still want to join us - I hope you will!

Last edited by threewilmingtonwalls; 02-07-2013 at 08:52 PM.
threewilmingtonwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #746
laenie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It looks we have met our minimum and our party is a go! I will have some specific details from our event planner tomorrow about the drink menu in Sessions and whether we can add new attendees once onboard. One important piece of information to note: Once you are confirmed for the event, your onboard account will be charged whether or not you actually attend. As they are providing bar staff to a closed area for our event, I think this is reasonable. If there is any chance you would want to cancel at the last minute, please let me know before I submit the list to DCL. Thanks!

Here is our "YES" list:

Alexis & Tim
Elaine & Jim
Sherri & Ken
Josh
Vicki & Bill
Mike & Sonia
John & Michelle
Melinda & Christopher (guests/in place of Danny & Alexis)
Sonny & Jennifer
Rebecca
Lisa D.
Dianne & Mark Puckett
Brandon & Jennifer
Denise & Chad
Melissa & Ivan
Jeff & Christa Daily
Laura Petersson

These are our MAYBES (who I hope will become YESSES):

Angela & Steve
Angela & Scott
Elizabeth & Steve
E. Scott (Sorry, I keep meaning to ask you what name you go by! Also, if you attend, will your CM friend be joining you?)

Please let me know if I missed anyone or if I added anyone who is not attending. Looking forward to this fun gathering!
Sounds great, thanks for making this happen!
Elaine
laenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #747
Cocolina
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccafish3kids
Hi! Hope you enjoyed the SPAM facts - taken fresh from the internet, where we know everything is always true. HA!
Myself, DS13, DD11 and DS9 are embarking on this adventure together - DH is staying home on this one! The kids are pretty outgoing, but they're wondering if they will make any friends on board - so if you have kids similar in age who would like to connect with them and you'd be ok with that, PM me.
This has been an awesome board to read, although 48 pages just about killed me trying to catch up. Ciao!
I have a 9 year old son. My husband is staying home as well. I can't figure out how to message from my phone but my son would love to connect with yours.

Colleen
Cocolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #748
angiet1975
Earning My Ears

Please let me know if I missed anyone or if I added anyone who is not attending. Looking forward to this fun gathering! [/QUOTE]

Add us to the list...Angie & Bernie
angiet1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #749
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great! I will be on the lookout for your FB request! The event is a private party in Sessions lounge, and does include an open bar but there is a $20 per persson which covers your drinks. Each attendee will be charged on their onboard account. Let me know if you still want to join us - I hope you will!
OK, I'll check with my Mom and take a look at the drink menu and any other details you're able to share later. We don't usually drink much, and really only frou frou drinks, but it sure sounds like fun to get together with everyone here! So, it's basically open bar and drinks from their menu are included for the hour we have it booked? Sorry if that's a dumb question and should be obvious.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #750
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareed View Post
So, it's basically open bar and drinks from their menu are included for the hour we have it booked? Sorry if that's a dumb question and should be obvious.
Not a dumb question at all! Yes, it will be open bar for the hour we are there and you would be able to order any drinks normally served in Sessions. It also includes gratuity, so for $20 it's actually not a bad price considering how expensive drinks are onboard anyway. I'm sure they will be willing to make frou frou drinks for you and your mom, but I will post every detail once I get the e-mail from our party planner tomorrow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: