Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
kimmy8796
Earning My Ears

Valet Parking

Hello. My family and I will be at The World Aug 8-16!! So excited. Just have a quick question about valet parking at the deluxe resorts. We are renting a car and staying at Bonnet Creek. If we wanted to valet our car at a particular deluxe for a day and utilize the bus or monorail from that resort is there a problem with that? Obviously we must pay to valet, so I guess my concern is whether or not there is a time limit when it comes to valet parking? Any comments are appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Kim

ME DH DS (6) DD (3)

kimmy8796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy8796 View Post
Hello. My family and I will be at The World Aug 8-16!! So excited. Just have a quick question about valet parking at the deluxe resorts. We are renting a car and staying at Bonnet Creek. If we wanted to valet our car at a particular deluxe for a day and utilize the bus or monorail from that resort is there a problem with that?
There is a method that will allow guests to find out if
the valet parking and leaving the resort for a park will be OK
on the day it is attempted-

When you arrive at the parking gate, tell the guard there
what you are doing,
where you are going and
when you will return for the car.

If the guard says, "OK" then move on to the valet.

When you pull up, tell the valet
what you are doing,
where you are going and
when you will return for the car.

If the valet says its OK, then its OK.

If the guard or the valet says there is only limited time parking available, that will be your answer.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Also, understand that Disney raised the price of valet parking. It now costs a bit more than parking at a theme park and taking the transportation from there. And of course there is also the tip cost on top of the valet cost.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't valet park instead of going to the main park lot, it really doesn't save you anything. The only time I would do it is if you have an ADR at the resort and plan to visit the park for a few hours immediately after.

AliceIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
kimmy8796
Earning My Ears

I appreciate your honest answers. I was not asking about valet for the purpose of saving money. I am very aware that valet has a set price as well as the expectation to tip. I was actually thinking more of the convenience factor. Also, we are having meals at Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare, and Ohana. All of which are on the monorail. I guess we will inquire at the resort that day
kimmy8796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy8796 View Post
I appreciate your honest answers. I was not asking about valet for the purpose of saving money. I am very aware that valet has a set price as well as the expectation to tip. I was actually thinking more of the convenience factor. Also, we are having meals at Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare, and Ohana. All of which are on the monorail. I guess we will inquire at the resort that day
We did this on our Oct trip. I had asked the same question and was told that we could valet no problem.
We valet parked at Ohana where we were having breakfast one morning and left the car there for the day (didnt specifically tell the valet a time...or ask if we could leave it there after breakfast) and the night of the MNSSHP (we ate at the CR and monorailed over to the party). I think you should be fine. I was also told that you could get your car and come back later if you kept your valet ticket. Just tip them again when you pick up your car.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: