Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #3526
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
I've been reading through this thread and am getting excited about our upcoming stay in August. I would like to know if anyone thinks it's worth it to upgrade to a river view from a garden view in the RGR? Will a river view guarantee a closer location to the main bldg? Also, we will be celebrating DH's big 50th on this trip...any recommendations? Carraige Ride maybe?
I would say that some garden view rooms would be about ten steps more than riverview rooms.

Now, if you were going from standard view to garden or riverview, I would say yes, because some of the standard view rooms are definitely farther than the riverview rooms.

Definitely go see Yee-hah Bob one night at the lounge and tell him about DH's b-day. Bob remembers everyone in the audience and will most likely have everyone sing to him.

Also, try out either Raglan Road or Paradiso 37 for dinner one night; Raglan Road has some wonderful entertainment and Paradiso has some wonderful outdoor seating for a lovely evening. Definitely take the water taxi to DTD. Or if you have an inkling, you can walk over or take another water taxi to SSR and enjoy an evening on the patio at the Turf Club. The food is wonderful and it is so nice to enjoy watching the world go by on the river.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #3527
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
What address did you try to enter? If they are sending via post then the PO Box number is suggested, if by courier then use street address. But if one does not work, try the other. See http://www.portorleans.org/services.php#Mail. I've just ordered some stuff from Amazon and that seems to accept almost anything.

Andre
I used the street address and an error message came up saying they couldn't deliver to that zip code. I will try the PO box instead.
Thanks Andre.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #3528
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I would say that some garden view rooms would be about ten steps more than riverview rooms.
And of course some Garden View rooms are a lot closer than some River View rooms.

For example a room facing into the fountain courtyard in Oak Manor (such as 9068) is very close for the bridge to the main building, whereas 9784 (which is classed as River View) is right at the very far end of Parterre Place and is quite a trek.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #3529
kmg1107
Mouseketeer

Room Request Reommendation

My husband and I are visiting POR in early March. We have stayed several times before, always in AB. We are booked in a garden view room and already added "corner view" as a request within online check-in.

We would like a suggestion for a quiet, scenic location to celebrate our anniversary. Proximity to the main building/food court is not a priority for us, however we will be relying on bus transportation to relatively close proximity to a bus depot would be nice. We also plan visiting the quiet pools during our stay. We are both like walking and exploring the resort.

Any suggestions? Should we request Acadian House or Magnolia Bend since we have not stayed in that section, or should be stick with AB and request a building nestled in the swamp-like vegetation?

Many thanks!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #3530
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

What is the width of the entrance to a Preferred room that is not an accessible room. I'm trying to determine if a scooter will be able to get in the door.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #3531
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Can you believe our flight for.tomorrow night has been cancelled due to the snowstorm at home and we're trapped here?

Working on getting a room now. Hope we can be extended!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 02-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #3532
4Princesand1Princess
Earning My Ears

I am thinking of booking this resort for our next trip. We have only stayed at the WL. Will I miss everything being under one roof? I am also concerned about transportation. We had excellent service at WL. Never waited long at all and it was during Christmas and New Years. Need advice please!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #3533
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Princesand1Princess View Post
I am thinking of booking this resort for our next trip. We have only stayed at the WL. Will I miss everything being under one roof? I am also concerned about transportation. We had excellent service at WL. Never waited long at all and it was during Christmas and New Years. Need advice please!!!
We've typically stayed at WL over the last 10 years and this will be our first trip to POR also. I've read everypost I could, looked at pics, read everything at portorelans.org and I'm find very little negative. I'm optimistic that while it wont' be perfect it will still be a great resort!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #3534
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Can you believe our flight for.tomorrow night has been cancelled due to the snowstorm at home and we're trapped here?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Dream...............come..............true! Seriously though, sorry you're having to scramble, but I hope you're able to find a magical room to spend your extra time in
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #3535
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Thanks to the very helpful people in the lobby, we were able to extend our reservation -- and stay in the same room

United Airlines, on the other hand... Their website sucks and so does their phone service (that is, if anyone would ever answer the phone).
Old 02-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #3536
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:

While I know there are worse places to get stuck at I also know it must be frustrating not being able to make firm plans or work out how long you're stuck for.

Speak to the nice folks at the front desk and see what they can do for you. There will be other people in the same situation too, and I know they'll be working to help whereever they can. They sometimes find that incoming guests can't get in either at times like this, so that does free up some rooms once they know people are not going to make it.

And if you're still there in 9 days when I'm due to arrive, I'll buy you a beer or two! Erm, always assuming we actually make it TO the resort, as our flight (with United) is due to change at Newark....

Still, tonight hopefully you can go and drown your sorrows with Bob at the River Roost Lounge.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 02-07-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #3537
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
What is the width of the entrance to a Preferred room that is not an accessible room. I'm trying to determine if a scooter will be able to get in the door.
I don't know the exact measurements (sorry) but I'm pretty sure that the entrance door widths are exactly the same in regular and accessible rooms, so I think you should be OK.

Andre

Old 02-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #3538
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Quote:
Thanks to the very helpful people in the lobby, we were able to extend our reservation -- and stay in the same room

United Airlines, on the other hand... Their website sucks and so does their phone service (that is, if anyone would ever answer the phone).
Glad you could get things figured out. Sucks to have to be out more money, etc. but like Andre said it could be worse. ...like being here

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #3539
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post
Glad you could get things figured out. Sucks to have to be out more money, etc. but like Andre said it could be worse. ...like being here
To ShesAPirate

If your having to pay that does suck, but most airlines offer room coverage if your flight is cancelled do to bad weather, etc...

The only thing is usually its a room at the airport like the Hilton.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #3540
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

Now, if you were going from standard view to garden or riverview, I would say yes, because some of the standard view rooms are definitely farther than the riverview rooms.

Definitely go see Yee-hah Bob one night at the lounge and tell him about DH's b-day. Bob remembers everyone in the audience and will most likely have everyone sing to him.

Also, try out either Raglan Road or Paradiso 37 for dinner one night; Raglan Road has some wonderful entertainment and Paradiso has some wonderful outdoor seating for a lovely evening. Definitely take the water taxi to DTD. Or if you have an inkling, you can walk over or take another water taxi to SSR and enjoy an evening on the patio at the Turf Club. The food is wonderful and it is so nice to enjoy watching the world go by on the river.
Thanks for the birthday celebration suggestions...I definitely want to check out yee-hah bob & we haven't tried the other places you mention either so I'm going to look into that. I noticed the resort also offers carriage rides...might want to try that as well. As for the room location, I'm going to keep the garden view I have, put a request to be closer to the main bldg & hope for the best.
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: