Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #46
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
I'm confused. Its Iger and his people who are tarnishing the reputation of Disney by releasing such a system and not being forthcoming about it, then acts like a mad toddler when being asked about it.

Not sure why we should be giving him kudos.
Tru dat, as the youngsters (probably) used to say!
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #47
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
I'm confused. Its Iger and his people who are tarnishing the reputation of Disney by releasing such a system and not being forthcoming about it, then acts like a mad toddler when being asked about it.

Not sure why we should be giving him kudos.

Not at all. The program has had alot of information released..........many questions here are being asked by folks who don't know the info is out there.

There is more coming of course......and their will be folks that don't like the system, but that is true with all new systems that come out from anywhere.

Iger put a 2nd rate congressman in his place for using his postion to get his name in the paper more, and Kudos to him for that!

AKK

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #48
Peter Pirate 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
Not at all. The program has had alot of information released..........many questions here are being asked by folks who don't know the info is out there.

There is more coming of course......and their will be folks that don't like the system, but that is true with all new systems that come out from anywhere.

Iger put a 2nd rate congressman in his place for using his postion to get his name in the paper more, and Kudos to him for that!

AKK

AKK
Ahhh, you last sentence really puts your opinion into context for us now, doesn't it?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #49
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:

AKK

AKK
~Tonka, you are looking at this completely wrong! The congressman asked a very legitimate question -- as to whether or not magic bands will result in "longer waits" for attractions. He is clearly concerned about our children's "privacy" and not abusing his power just because his grand kids have an upcoming Disney vacation and want to avoid waiting in long lines.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #50
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
Ahhh, you last sentence really puts your opinion into context for us now, doesn't it?
Of course it does...........and it doesnt change the facts one little bit!.........AKK
Old 02-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #51
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~Tonka, you are looking at this completely wrong! The congressman asked a very legitimate question -- as to whether or not magic bands will result in "longer waits" for attractions. He is clearly concerned about our children's "privacy" and not abusing his power just because his grand kids have an upcoming Disney vacation and want to avoid waiting in long lines.
Sorry.I am not wrong , the congressman did not do his homework... intentionally....Most of the information he asked was already released and had been discussed in the rooms for days before his letter went out.

He didn't bother to ask disney or advised them of his *alleged concerns* and if he had he would have had his answers.......but then that would have defeated the purpose of his letter........to try and get his name in the news.........it really back fired on him!

I was up in Mass on a asigment on monday.....the Boston talk shows were tearing him apart......he has a reputation of pulling these kind of self serving letter writings and this seem to be the first time someone stood up to him and it bit him in the ***.

I am not a big fan of Iger...But BRAVO to him for standing up for Disney when the congressman was so wrong in every point!

AKK
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #52
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Unhappy Uh-oh...

Quote:
Sorry.I am not wrong , the congressman did not do his homework... intentionally....Most of the information he asked was already released and had been discussed in the rooms for days before his letter went out.

He didn't bother to ask disney or advised them of his *alleged concerns* and if he had he would have had his answers.......but then that would have defeated the purpose of his letter........to try and get his name in the news.........it really back fired on him!

I was up in Mass on a asigment on monday.....the Boston talk shows were tearing him apart......he has a reputation of pulling these kind of self serving letter writings and this seem to be the first time someone stood up to him and it bit him in the ***.

I am not a big fan of Iger...But BRAVO to him for standing up for Disney when the congressman was so wrong in every point!

AKK
~I totally agree with you, Tonka! I'm sad you missed my poor attempt at sarcasm, lol.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #53
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~I totally agree with you, Tonka! I'm sad you missed my poor attempt at sarcasm, lol.
OOPS>>>>>>>>My pardon DR..........at 62 I need to read and reread posts more!

AKK
Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #54
Peter Pirate 2

LOL ... I am now lost.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #55
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
LOL ... I am now lost.
Thats ok, at my age....I can be confusing!

AKK
Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 AM   #56
DRDISNEYMD

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsDrew View Post
While I'm on the fence with Iger's response, the corporate management side of me says it was probably the most professional way he could publicly tell Markey:

"You are a pompous, presumptuous idiot who needs to get his facts straight before making unfair and uneducated assumptions that can't even be considered conclusions because you took no amount of time to do ANY homework on the matter (even though the public corporate policy we had previously put into place is readily available to the masses on the world wide web we commonly call the internet which 80% of Americans now have access to) which ultimately would have settled any of your concerns which means you can stop throwing us under the bus that you have no business driving since you clearly have no permit to do so and probably won't ever obtain because you can't differentiate between a speed bump and a mouse - and not just any mouse, but the one particular Mouse that brings joy, happiness, and dreams to millions of children and adults worldwide. And, by the way, how do you sleep at night?"

To which Markey would reply, "Two doses of ambien. One just doesn't cut it anymore."

Okay, okay, the banter above may be a stretch but working in a corporate environment I've seen this scenario far too often. Life (and work) would be so much less complicated if more people researched facts before pointing the finger... (not to say the finger shouldn't be pointed, just only pointed once ducks are in a row)
~LOL! How did I miss this fabulous post?!? I could not stop laughing!!!

Quote:
OOPS>>>>>>>>My pardon DR..........at 62 I need to read and reread posts more!

AKK
~No Tonka, this wasn't your fault, I failed miserably!

Quote:
Thats ok, at my age....I can be confusing!

AKK
~Again, it's not your age & 62 is not old!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #57
bigsteve83
Earning My Ears

I do believe that the original letter from Markey was ill-advised. It was not thought through and there was no attempt to discover any of the information sought before publicly attacking Disney.

I do believe, also, that "Iger's" letter was unprofessional. Why is his name in parentheses? I find it hard to believe that a man with dozens of people to whom millions of dollars are paid to handle such an issue would send this letter. I need to see some concrete evidence that Iger sent this letter.
bigsteve83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #58
fireplug
Keeper of the Flame
Look for me at Margaritaville
D/W is always telling me I have MCS (Middle Child Syndrome) :D
Cyber Uncles can send hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsteve83 View Post
I need to see some concrete evidence that Iger sent this letter.
But you blindly accepeted the original letter was sent by Markey without any proof?

Squid
Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #59
bigsteve83
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug

But you blindly accepeted the original letter was sent by Markey without any proof?

Squid
The Markey letter was reported in the press and was on his letterhead, so how did I noy have any proof?
bigsteve83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #60
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

US Sen. Markey changes focus from Magic Bands to Drones

US Sen. Markey's genuine concern for children's privacy regarding Disney's Magic Bands has now been replaced with seeking 'tougher' privacy protection from U.S. drones.

US Sen. Markey calls for tough drone privacy rules

http://www.telegram.com/article/20131108/APN/311089889

Quote:
Friday, November 8, 2013

BOSTON — Sen. Edward Markey is calling for tougher federal privacy protections from surveillance by drones.

The Massachusetts Democrat pointed to the Federal Aviation Administration's release of a new five-year roadmap for regulating the unmanned aircraft in the U.S.

The road map only addresses privacy related to the use of drones at six test sites, which are yet to be selected.

Markey said that's not good enough and that the FAA's plan "falls far short of putting in place the necessary privacy protections for the commercialization of drone use in U.S. airspace."

Markey is pushing legislation to ban the FAA from issuing drone licenses without strict rules on what kind of data can be collected and how it can be used.

Markey is a member of the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee which has jurisdiction over the FAA.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: