Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #16
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

It is virtually unheard of not to have received your luggage in time for dinner. First seating (if you have it) is at 5:45 if I recall correctly and luggage is normally at your stateroom long before that. Our luggage has typically show up well before 4:00. Do things sometimes happen and luggage is late/lost? Yup. Late luggage is rare, lost luggage is virtually a non-issue. Well, unless it's happened to you. How you choose to plan for that possibility is up to you.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #17
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Do they do a normal dinner seating rotation? If rooms aren't ready until after dinner or we don't get our luggage until after, do we dine without the ability to get ready (shower, change clothes, etc)? That would justify the need for a larger carry on for sure if I'm having to schlep dinner clothes too.
Rooms are ready at 1:30 ish (not after dinner) and you will have full access to your cabin at that time. Yes, there is a normal dinner rotation but you can wear pretty much anything the first night to dinner (except bathing suits) as they know some may get their luggage later.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)ďDON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
Princess Denise
Mouseketeer

So if you get on the ship early ( i'm trying to put this all together) ...Change into your suit in the bathrooms or just wear it onto the ship, eat, relax ( with everything you carry onto the ship)... Then when the rooms open we can take out stuff in, then do we need to change for the drill? Then is the farewell party shortly after? Is any spot an awesome spot for the farewell party?
Princess Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #19
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

You don't have to change, we've seen plenty of people in their bathing suits at the drill. The Sail Away party starts very soon after the drill, less than 30 min I believe.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #20
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Rooms are ready at 1:30 ish (not after dinner) and you will have full access to your cabin at that time. Yes, there is a normal dinner rotation but you can wear pretty much anything the first night to dinner (except bathing suits) as they know some may get their luggage later.

MJ

Thank you. Just trying to wrap my head around the process.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #21
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Since the castaway party is at about 4:45 do they delay first seating that 1st night?
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #22
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

We had a ton of stuff because we had a 3 month old with us. We brought in 2 cases of water (I know that the ship is filtered but we needed it for formula and we weren't willing to risk not having water for him). We brought a rolling ice chest filled with ice for his medicine, laptop bag, camera bag, day bag for the kids with diapers, change of clothes, etc... We also had a stroller.

We used a folding hand truck like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Cart-Per.../dp/B000HVVSDU

We secured all the items to the hand truck with a bungee cord. I am imagining the people behind us in the security line didn't think too much of us at the time as it took forever at the security line but we managed. We'll probably use the hand truck again next year but just to consolidate all of our items to one rolling thing.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #23
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
Since the castaway party is at about 4:45 do they delay first seating that 1st night?
They didn't delay our dinner and I don't remember feeling rushed getting ready for dinner.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #24
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx
Sail away party is over by 5:30/5:45 so plenty of time to change after the party and bedore first seating...

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).
Yvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #25
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

The muster drill is usually over before 4:30 and the sail away party starts then with music. The characters show up around 4:45 and the countdown is around 5:00. The characters don't stick around so after we have gone down the channel a bit, we go back to our room by 5:15. Early seating starts at 5:45.

We did have the bag with our dinner clothes in it not show up until after second seating on our 2nd cruise. I always pack dinner clothes in our carryon now. The one time we had Palo the first night I packed everything DH & I needed for that meal including his suit. I hung it all up when we got to the room after 1:30.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #26
needaplan
Earning My Ears

luggage

I know a PP made it seem rare that you donít have your luggage and that may be true. However, I have been on 2 Disney cruises and did not have my luggage in time for first seating on both cruises. Maybe I just have really bad luck. On the first cruise only half our luggage came, so DH and DS had to wear what they wore on the ship to dinner, which were swim trunks and a t-shirt. I was disappointed that the luggage didnít come but even more disappointed that another cruiser made a rude comment to my husband about swim suits not being allowed in the MDR. Here I thought we were being so smart wearing our swimsuits when we boarded so we could do the Aqua duck right away. I wanted to put a sign on our table that said ďwe didnít get our luggage yetĒ. We actually didnít get the other 2 suitcases until the next day. It was stressful because guest services said they were lost and had me fill out some forms. At that point we didnít even know if we would ever get them. I then learned to mix up the luggage so there is something for everyone in each suit case in case something happens to one of them. On the second cruise we got them about 9:30pm. We have another cruise coming up on the Fantasy and I will make sure that we have acceptable clothing for dinner with us when we board.
needaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #27
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
No, it doesn't take long for the party. Still plenty of time to get to dinner at 5:45. Many people will be lined up early. Why? No clue.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: