Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #16
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery&Todd View Post
HOLY COW!!!!??! I had NO IDEA I could also get the DxDP!

well, I guess its a good thing I asked b/c now I have time to research it!!

not to sound totally dumb, but what's the going rate for points at BLT - not one of those awesome suites but a regular room??

I KNEW if I asked you guys I would get great answers!!!

A two bedroom suite w/ MK view was going to cost me about 3250 if I remember correctly. It was for 5 nights for the first week of December. I couldn't find anyone that was willing to give out that many points-even though I had all my info in prior to the eleven month. I tried going through David's to no avail. We bit the bullet and finally got our ressie through Disney.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs

Last edited by meredith1; 02-07-2013 at 05:00 PM.
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

We have a family of 6, and we LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Contemporary. Our kids are ages 7,5,2,1, and the two older girls shared the bed, and the 2 year old had the sleeper couch/futon. We felt like there was more than enough space. My husband (he is 6 ft. tall) napped on the couch with the 2 year old a couple of times, and he said that it was comfy.

We stayed in the Garden Wing in a ground floor room with a patio. We faced bay lake and the beach. Woke up every morning and went to sleep every night to the boat horns, which thought was great (although some people might not). We could sit on our patio while the kids played in the sand and the baby slept in the room. And...something you don't find often at Disney...it was QUIET & peaceful. Rarely anyone walked by...just a few joggers from time to time. From around the corner, we could see Wishes at night in between the contemporary and BLT and the pool was very close by. We were worried we would miss all the other resort theming, but the location of the CR was all we needed for theming. We could hear the MK train whistle all day. We could walk to the MK in about 10 minutes and the monorails were very convenient too. Also, when we would come back to the CR and go through the main building chaos, we were always thankful to walk right out the back doors to our little sanctuary...but I'm sure we're the minority because many people enjoy being a part of the Tower atmopshere.

I'm not sure if another trip like this will be in the budget before we outgrow the CR, but I sure hope so because it will be hard going back to POP. LOL! Oh, and we have always visited POLY at least 2-3 times during every visit to soak in the atmosphere, but when staying at the CR we never once made it over there. We enjoyed our resort so much we didn't have to...although don't get me wrong, the Poly is still great!
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, VGF/Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
1mama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: