Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #16
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

I honestly think something like that would be too big to bring to CC. There is tons of shade already due to the umbrellas. In 28 DCL cruise and 15 years cruising with DCL I have never seen one at CC.

But, I guess if DCL says it is OK that will be the final determination.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #17
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

I have to agree with MJ. It's one thing to move a chair up to the water's edge in front of the loungers and umbrellas, but totally another to put one of those in front of the loungers. There wouldn't be any place to put it behind them. There is an umbrella for every four loungers or so along the family beach on every row. The kids were always able to lay down on towels on a lounger in the shade and take a nap if they needed one.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #18
itdoesntsmell
Earning My Ears

Just thinking it would shade out someone else or people.
I think the beach has enough shade for those that want it, and enough sun for those others!

But as MJ said, if you call DCL and ask and they say yes...... Then they get the final say.

(I hope to god they do not!
Imagine 200+ of them on CC and the umbrellas being ripped up and fights between "pitches" just because someone was allowed to do it once and posted a picture on here!)
itdoesntsmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #19
wdwlovin'family
Mouseketeer

I *know* I saw I pop up tent cabana on the beach of CC on Jan 8th. I remember because it stuck out in my mind as a "hmmmm -- that's a good idea" because my husband is very fair skinned and also on meds that he is supposed to stay out of the sun with. He went back to the ship after being at CC for an hour leaving me there all day with the kids. I will say that the people were not right up front on the water with their pop-up but rather towards the back behind the lounge chairs in-between those and the walkway to Cookies. They were not causing any obstruction or obnoxiousness towards the other guests with their pop up, at least in my opinion.

Just want to edit this to add that after looking at some photos on pop-up beach cabanas, the one I saw was not that big at all, it was very low profile -- something that you would sit under but not stand.

Last edited by wdwlovin'family; 02-07-2013 at 11:04 AM. Reason: clarification
wdwlovin'family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #20
hpsalb
Mouseketeer

In addition to the umbrellas, the lounge chairs toward the back of the beach have nearly complete shade from the trees. All the shade of a pop-up cabana without the hassle of setting it up!

I totally understand the concern about the kids, but it took both DH and it to get ourselves and then 21 month old DS with our stuff to the beach. I cannot imagine trying to haul or set up anything else, no matter how small. There are some wagons, but they are first-come, first-served and they are parked in an area once you exit the tram - so you would still need to get all your gear on and off the tram or carry it to the beach yourself.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #21
BuzzLightyearInTampa
DIS Veteran

OMG, count me as one who hopes DCL says, "No." I can't imagine what CC would look like if hundreds of guests start bringing things like that onto the beach, each one different in style, color, and level cleanliness/newness.
Places we've stayed at WDW: All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans - Riverside, Port Orleans - French Quarter, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Grand Floridian.
Previous cruises:
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2001
7-night Western Caribbean, Disney Magic, Oct-Nov, 2009
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2011
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, Nov-Dec, 2013
7-night Alaska, Disney Wonder, June, 2014

Walt Disney World Marathons completed - 2003, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
BuzzLightyearInTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #22
ccourtney
Mouseketeer

I have a bad feeling about this....

I would consider tents to be sporting equipment and since those look a lot like tents, I'd say no, they aren't allowed. There are tons of umbrellas provided and the beach is insanely crowded as is. As for the hammocks, I'm pretty sure they already have hammocks set up on the island.
1st Trip to Walt Disney World with Son - June 2007
WDW/1st Disney Cruise (on the Wonder) - December 2009
4 Night Bahamian Dream Cruise/Universal WWHP- November 2011
Can't wait for our 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy in November 2013!!!!!

ccourtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #23
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdoesntsmell View Post
...But as MJ said, if you call DCL and ask and they say yes...... Then they get the final say.
Final say is actually the CMs onboard and/or at CC. What one is told over the phone is (unfortunately! ) not always accurate.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #24
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Final say is actually the CMs onboard and/or at CC. What one is told over the phone is (unfortunately! ) not always accurate.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #25
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

If anyone sees anyone doing this, please post a picture!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #26
itdoesntsmell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Agreed, but not ALL the info they give out is bad! lol!
Additionally if the wind picks up and the tent goes flying......
itdoesntsmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #27
Marcy Mouse
DIS Veteran

I'm bringing mine.

I would think it is more about making your day work for you. In our case there are 4 kids 9, 5, 2, and 5 months - I found a pop sun shade that carries like a purse and when taken out pops open - no fuss.

There is no floor in it so it's not a tent its a sun shade and you can see through it easily (screen) so it won't block anyone view. My biggest concern would be getting off the ship and not finding a place where I could enjoy myself worried about sun exposure or running after the 2 year old when the 5 month old was being fed.

I say bring what you need - its a beach day!

I can't think of a reason that Disney wouldn't allow it? If it means enough for you to bring it with you - It must be important.

Just my opinion.
Marcy
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #28
ajjcarlin
Earning My Ears

I had the same question about a small baby pop up tent, and I was told by Disney that yes we could set one up at CC. Our baby tent is just to give 1 year old DD relief from the sun and maybe a nap. Her tent is only 3 ft tall though, I don't know if they would allow a large tent shelter as someone could complain if it was in their viewing area. I wouldn't care but some people might complain.
ajjcarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #29
ajjcarlin
Earning My Ears

This is the response I received from Disney. It clearly says a SMALL pop up tent may be used.

2/28/13 Dear Jill, Thank you for choosing another Disney Cruise Line vacation! I would be happy to assist you. A small pop-up beach tent (for infants) may be brought onboard to use at Disney's Castaway Cay. As far as taking this on the excursion at St. Thomas, please check the Port Adventure Desk once onboard for additional assistance. I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to sailing with you and your family in April and June! Have a Magical Day! Wilma Email Guest Services Disney Cruise Line *If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and phone number on all correspondence. PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your sailing.
ajjcarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #30
pyramid2000
Member of the DD Geek invasion of CC
How exacty do you iron on a T-****?

Saw one on CC this past Sunday. They had it set up among the chairs and loungers. It really wasn't in the way, but if it became a staple for people, I could see it becoming a problem.

1988- 1st trip to WDW/senior class trip : 1990- Carnival cruise from Puerto Rico : 5/00- 3 night CB/4 night Magic : 9/05- 4 night PO/3 night Wonder : 1/06 - 7 night Western Magic: 7/06- 5 night RCCL Explorer (Bermuda):12/09/06- 7 night Magic-DD Geek Party: 8/17/08- 15 night EBPC Magic : 11/01/09- 4 night Wonder:: 2/20/11- 4 night Dream : 11/10/11 - 3 night Dream : 10/13/12 - 7 night Western Fantasy : 04/04/13 - 4 night Miami Wonder : 01/13/14 - 4 night Magic :
pyramid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: