Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
5msvglow
Earning My Ears

Free dining - using other people in same rooms credits

Hi there,

Slightly odd one this but would be very grateful for somebodies advice on this.

The current deal in the UK means that if two couples book a two week stay in a two bed villa for 4 people, along with the 14 day (7 free) ultimate ticket they will get free dining for everybody.

If one couple leaves after a week, but the other stay on in the same accommodation for the remaining week, providing nobody tells Disney, is it possible for the remaining couple to use the dining credits left on the departed couples cards?

The only barrier I can think of is if the cards need to be used at the park turnstiles before using them at a restaurant.

Thanks for your help
5msvglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5msvglow View Post
Hi there,

Slightly odd one this but would be very grateful for somebodies advice on this.

The current deal in the UK means that if two couples book a two week stay in a two bed villa for 4 people, along with the 14 day (7 free) ultimate ticket they will get free dining for everybody.

If one couple leaves after a week, but the other stay on in the same accommodation for the remaining week, providing nobody tells Disney, is it possible for the remaining couple to use the dining credits left on the departed couples cards?

The only barrier I can think of is if the cards need to be used at the park turnstiles before using them at a restaurant.

Thanks for your help
Assuming the dining plan for UK visitors works the same as US - don't know why it wouldn't but I know ticket options are different - dining credits are actually shared within the room. Conceivably 1 person in the room could eat all the snack credits allowed for everyone. Credits are not specific to any 1 card, just within the same room.

All I can think is you will still be paying the extra adult charge per night. I'm not sure how much that is at the villas.

Enjoy your vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

There is no extra adult charge at the villas. The plan would work, but keep in mind you are paying for a 2 bedroom for 2 people for the second week. You may want to look at the price of a 1 bedroom for the second week.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
5msvglow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
There is no extra adult charge at the villas. The plan would work, but keep in mind you are paying for a 2 bedroom for 2 people for the second week. You may want to look at the price of a 1 bedroom for the second week.
Yeah I thought about that - but am I not right in saying if I change rooms then I need to buy new tickets to keep the free dining plan?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
Gr8t Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5msvglow View Post
Yeah I thought about that - but am I not right in saying if I change rooms then I need to buy new tickets to keep the free dining plan?
Yes. You would have to buy new tickets for the second reservation.

The dining credits would be available to you as long as you're in the same room. Sometimes we stay longer than the others on our reservation and we've never had a problem using the remaining credits.
Gr8t Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
5msvglow
Earning My Ears

Thanks! Seems almost worth keeping the 2 bed villa on to enjoy signature dining every night!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Price it out to see if you actually save anything paying extra for the 2br vs dining.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

While there would not be a problem using the extra dining credits, the problem that I see is in the terms that you outlined in the OP. You have 2 couples booking a 2 week stay in a 2 bedroom villa. But one couple is only staying for the first week. So the remaining couple is paying the full price for the villa for the second week. Those villas are expensive. I would think that the added cost of the villa will cancel out any possible benefit you would get from the extra dining credits.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Since this is a U.K.-specific offer, you might also try posing a question to the U.K. board to see if there is any flexibility regarding changing rooms with this offer. The free-dining offers in the U.S. certainly do require a separate 2nd reservation and additional minimum ticket purchase to have free-dining on a split-stay. I know U.K. packages are sometimes very different than U.S. pacakges because you folks tend to come for longer periods of time. Therefore, there could be some clause allowing a split-stay with free dining. Worth asking the U.K. folks directly.

Enjoy your vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: