Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #151
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran
 
StitchesGr8Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb

And you are posting on a Disney message board, why?

Now, I've never work Mickey ears (or, as an adult, anything with a character on it), but I'd be a hypocrite if I made comments like you are making while on a Disney message board.
I think at this point it is just for shock value.

Why, oh why, won't a moderator close this thread?
__________________
'86-offsite, '91-Buena Vista Palace, '92-offsite, '97-offsite, '98-Magic Music Days, '06-ASMu, '07-FtW, '09-ASMu,'10-POR,'12-Poly (Honeymoon!)
StitchesGr8Fan is online now  
Old 02-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #152
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!
 
JennaDeeDooDah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyATlast View Post
If you're going to go out, go out with a bang.

By the way, I would never wear Mickey ears or any other cartoon junk. Disney World is for kids. Duh.
"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
—Walter E. Disney

I guess someone forgot to tell ol' Walt your theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyATlast View Post
What a hypocrite. You're one of the main pot stirrers. If not for trouble, then why do you keep on here?
I'm calling bovine fecal mattter. I don't recall every one of her posts but I don't remember her ever deliberately causing problems.
__________________

JennaDeeDooDah is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #153
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!
 
JennaDeeDooDah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyATlast View Post
Are you jealous that you didn't get recognition? Don't worry, you're #2 if not number ONE!

What else?
See, the thing is, you say things like this and like you did about Soldiers Sweeties and then you wonder why the mods give you points for personal attacks. Most of the responses to your posts were not malicious. They were the words of truly concerned posters. Instead of taking their advice or just letting it go in one ear and out the other, you chose to fight back. Clearly, the mods felt that some of your responses were out of line. Then, you said that you were going to ignore this thread, but you haven't. You continue to attack posters, insult just about ever adult on this board with your comment about Disney being for kids (on a disney message board, nonetheless) and wonder why people say that they think you are a troll and a pot stirrer. It is my advice that you take a step back. Clearly you are letting this board get your emotions up to the point that you are attacking posters and are not posting 100% composed. Maybe take some time, go for a walk, get a drink of water, and then come back to the board. But stay off of this thread as it clearly only angers you and brings up negative emotions. Who has time for that?
__________________

JennaDeeDooDah is online now  
Old 02-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #154
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 14,000

I will jump in here....
I am with those who say that just reading this one posters situation ( if it is not just fabricated BS ), and how they are attempting to defend it... just really almost makes me sick to my stomach. There just is no normal, healthy, reasonable justification that I can begin to come up with. Not in the case of either of the two children involved.
Wishing on a star is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #155
luvsJack
DIS Veteran
 
luvsJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: My own little corner of the world
Posts: 12,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabanafrau View Post
You talk about problems with mindset? Sexual abuse of children has no respect of gender lines. The cold hard facts are that women are most likely to get away with it because most people believe it would be the extreme case where a woman would do something like that. Boys are less likely to be believed when they admit they have been abused and they are easier prey because the generally accepted attitude is that girls are the ones who need protection so there is less vigilence with the boys.

It is 100-percent factual that I spent several hours yesterday dealing with the case of a now-grown mother coming forward to speak at her father's sentencing for his systematic rape of her for several years in her adolescence. She described her idyllic childhood, full of family time, vacations, loving parents -- until she was 12. She told no one until her now adolescent younger sister made some comments about dad acting weird. One look at their mother about killed me. She sat in the courtroom a horrible shell, with a face that told you she is in agony because this went on in her home, under her nose for years and she missed every sign.

Do I know the facts of what's happening in this poster's life? No. I read what she wrote, before she erased it. Do I even know the poster is a woman, a wife or a mother? No. Do I see a bunch of vociferous responses to anyone who has questioned her? I'll let you answer that one for yourself. Do I necessarily believe this is a real poster, not in fact someone knowing full well the way they craft their responses will inflame the discussion for their own entertainment? No. Do I have lots of experience with how parents who love their children react when they get information their child may be being abused or being groomed? Unfortunately, way too much. Am I going to step back because you say so or because I might be making too much out of nothing and risk being thought a fool on the internet by strangers when there's even a whisper of possibility there is a real child being abused or groomed? Not a chance.
And could your opinion be skewed by the events of your day yesterday? Yes.

I don't know the pp either. And she has definitely gone off on a tangent of attacking people here--BUT, you all have just accused her husband of being a child molester. How did you expect her to react? "oh, thanks for the info, I'll look into that" Seriously?

I have no doubt that there are many parents that regret not seeing the signs when they were there. But, there are just as many spouses who will defend their spouse against an online witch hunt too--and they don't have their head in the sand; they know exactly what is going on.

She is right about one thing though. Posters can and do put words in posts that are not there, assume too much and make accusations. It has happened to me more than once. Not too long ago I started a thread about neglect and in that thread I described the actions of a mother and a father with respect to their children. One poster immediately said something about a "red flag" in effect to the the relationship between the father and the older child. There was no red flag because she put words in my mouth and misunderstood what I said.

You cannot make these observations via one post made by a strangers on the internet. Its not fair.

What if she went off the deep end because of something you (general you) said and divorced her husband, ran off with her kids and pressed charges against him for hurting her children and then find out all along that her husband was not doing anything wrong at all. Would it be ok to ruin this poster's life simply because you "were trying to protect a child"?
__________________


10 pounds closer to Skinny Island!
luvsJack is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #156
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund
 
NHdisneylover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Heidelberg, Germany (formally from New Hampshire)
Posts: 13,948

I am starting to regret clarifying the age at which my child might have cooked dinner at a friend's house to someone who seemed to think she was not a child at the time (thus using "child")

I already posted what I regret from the baby years. My bigger regrets were later on.

I regret I did not push harder and get help for my son sooner when I believed he had dyslexia and other LDs but was still able to keep up in the lower grades so the schools were not concerned.

I regret that I thought things were "normal teen" amounts of upset, anxiety, etc for too long and then we had passed the brink of easily helped and moved into serious anxiety, all the while my poor child was desperately frightened and depressed and feeling so alone--and i did not see it soon enough. I cannot begin to express how deeply I regret that.

I also deeply regret allowing my in laws to take my daughter on a trip without my son. He was, and is to the day, deeply hurt by being left out. It is a long story, but the trip involved ALL the other grandkids (my son is only 6 weeks younger than the other boy and in the middle age-wise). We were told there was a limit to the number allowed on the houseboat and he would be included the next year while someone else missed. It turned out they were lying about the limit and the friend who owned the houseboat invited them on the condition that they not bring my son because he felt my son did not talk to him enough the one time he met my son (at age 8). I'm guessing it is actually because my son had nail polish on that day
__________________
Hadley

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is online now  
Old 02-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #157
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!
 
JennaDeeDooDah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
I am starting to regret clarifying the age at which my child might have cooked dinner at a friend's house to someone who seemed to think she was not a child at the time (thus using "child")

I already posted what I regret from the baby years. My bigger regrets were later on.

I regret I did not push harder and get help for my son sooner when I believed he had dyslexia and other LDs but was still able to keep up in the lower grades so the schools were not concerned.

I regret that I thought things were "normal teen" amounts of upset, anxiety, etc for too long and then we had passed the brink of easily helped and moved into serious anxiety, all the while my poor child was desperately frightened and depressed and feeling so alone--and i did not see it soon enough. I cannot begin to express how deeply I regret that.

I also deeply regret allowing my in laws to take my daughter on a trip without my son. He was, and is to the day, deeply hurt by being left out. It is a long story, but the trip involved ALL the other grandkids (my son is only 6 weeks younger than the other boy and in the middle age-wise). We were told there was a limit to the number allowed on the houseboat and he would be included the next year while someone else missed. It turned out they were lying about the limit and the friend who owned the lifeboat invited them on the condition that they not bring my son because he felt my son did not talk to him enough the one time he met my son (at age 8). I'm guessing it is actually because my son had nail polish on that day
Oh my goodness. Reading this post made me just want to reach through the screen and hug you. Hang in there.
__________________

JennaDeeDooDah is online now  
Old 02-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #158
Granny square
Always planning a trip!
 
Granny square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,718

Really? If someone were to do that they would either have already had concerns or be whacked. Either way it is their own problem. It would be like suggesting that poster would be responsible if some new mom took her nastiness from yesterday'a thread about not attending to crying babies and something happened to the baby. We are responsible for our own lives and choices.

Not rocket science.
__________________
wishing I was at the beach!
Granny square is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.