Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #15
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

I've done two different types of split-stays. The first was just after DVC did a point reallocation. We only have 100 points and planned on staying in 1BR's but the reallocation changed that. In 2009, we went to AKV and stayed our first night in a value studio because our flight wasn't scheduled to arrive until 8pm anyway. I never unpacked our things and had bell services hold our DME luggage. The next morning, we checked in to a value 1BR and dropped off our other luggage at bell services before we headed out to the park. When we came back, our 1BR was ready and we had bell services bring up all of our bags. It was so easy and it saved us some points. In 2010, we did the same thing. First two nights, we stayed in a savanna-view studio (and got a standard view studio for my parents) and then we moved into a standard 2BR for the 6 of us. The move was simple!

In 2011, DSiL and I went together for her first trip ever. We stayed in a LV studio at BLT for the first two nights. On checkout day, we dropped off our luggage and headed to Epcot. Mid-morning, we walked to the BWV and checked in to our standard 1BR where we stayed for 3 nights. That was a perfect trip! We got to walk to 3 out of 4 parks, enjoyed F&W festival, visited TOTWL...all for 106 points! It was the first time I'd done a split-stay between two resorts and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I simply packed for the first two days in my carryon and the second stay went into my checked bag...no unpacking required.

So far, I've always added a DP to our studio stays so we never had any food to pack/repack. The next time we go to WDW, our oldest will be 10 so I don't think we will be doing any more DP's.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: