Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #2491
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello lovelies...

I'm sure I'm gonna miss something but here goes...

I_Heart: Oh no about the tooth... even more "oh no" about the cost! Eesh.

Wookie: Oooo Oooo... (My hubs' systolic pressure -- when he had his Gone with the Wind episode two years ago -- was in the 30s. My Scarlett O'Hara, he is. Haven't had mine checked in ages. )

Magic: So, you'll be in the garden wing? I can't WAIT to hear about it. Rum infused Dole Whips are on the brain, see what you started? (We're going to book in late October some point soon, I hope. Not sure where at the moment because I totally keep forgetting about F&W -- I do love the idea of walking back from MNSSHP though.)

Pas: Wooooo, congrats to the DS on making the wind ensemble. All these RC musical prodigies. Of course, you're getting the "blankity-blank end of the stick" over all the extra work! (Miss M couldn't carry a tune in a bucket but it always makes me smile to hear her sing. )

Northeast-coaster RCs: Has the snow started yet? (I'm pretty jealous, you know?)
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #2492
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hrmph.

So, hubs up and mentioned that there will be a conference in Seattle in July. I love Seattle. Looooooove Seattle. I'd love to take Miss M to explore. Silly government will only let him stay for 2 days after official business is over. So it'd be 4 days of us doing our own thing and only two with hubs.

If we don't go there, we could do Lollapalooza (again). Hmmm. Or should I be good and save all the funds for Disney.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #2493
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Pas: Wooooo, congrats to the DS on making the wind ensemble. All these RC musical prodigies. Of course, you're getting the "blankity-blank end of the stick" over all the extra work! (Miss M couldn't carry a tune in a bucket but it always makes me smile to hear her sing. )

Northeast-coaster RCs: Has the snow started yet? (I'm pretty jealous, you know?)
Snow tomorrow..just in time for me to go into work...hopefully not too many transports....the Ambulance doesn't handle well in the snow

HRH has her first orchestra concert Tuesday (she plays Violin)

As for DS12...it's ALWAYS my fault

Hope all is well with you

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #2494
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

they dropped our levels of expected snow....from 24 to 19...now I am going to roll my eyes here
I hate snow even four inches ...even a dusting...YUCK..
We will be in the house and hubby is going to get the snowblower ready...and move the truck into the garage..(he cleaned it up) HAHHA..I have food and enough of everything I think..
But we will go to the store and get some snacks that dont have to be cooked in the oven...like top of the stove foods...we have gas stove...(I LOVE IT) but can only cook on the top when the power goes out..
Oil lamps are ready..
Guess we are good to go..
there is light at the end of the tunnel...warmer temps for monday and tuesday..like 40s ..YIPPEE>.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #2495
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Yesterday I discovered that I had a Jet Blue credit that is expiring in April and JB just happened to be having a sales so ..... now I have a "free" trip to Southern Cali to see DD and DS .... and maybe a little side trip to DL!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #2496
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
BC/YC usually have the same rates..ask the CM to quote both...

I rechecked today, and figured out why there was a difference. The YC is pool/lagoon view, and they didn't have garden view. The BC has garden view available. I can always just book the BC, and put in a request for a full balcony. I have never had a request not fulfilled, and hopefully with it being a slower time of the year it will help.

Quote:
Hello lovelies...

Wookie: Oooo Oooo... (My hubs' systolic pressure -- when he had his Gone with the Wind episode two years ago -- was in the 30s. My Scarlett O'Hara, he is. Haven't had mine checked in ages. )
Hopefully, mine will never get that low. I am supposed to check my through out the day in different positions (sitting down, laying down, standing up) and after different activites (just waking up, just after the 45 minute walk, when I'm stressed, when I'm ticked off, etc.).

Quote:
I am too!! I would love some snow.

Quote:
Hrmph.

So, hubs up and mentioned that there will be a conference in Seattle in July. I love Seattle. Looooooove Seattle. I'd love to take Miss M to explore. Silly government will only let him stay for 2 days after official business is over. So it'd be 4 days of us doing our own thing and only two with hubs.
That sounds like a blast!! You could have explore some stuff with Miss M and then have some family time with the hubby.

Quote:
If we don't go there, we could do Lollapalooza (again). Hmmm. Or should I be good and save all the funds for Disney.
I didn't know they still had Lollapalooza. My brother took me to the 2nd on, the summer after my Freshman year in hs and after his Senior year. I was the only girl in two cars full of his friends that went. It was a blast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
they dropped our levels of expected snow....from 24 to 19...now I am going to roll my eyes here
We will be in the house and hubby is going to get the snowblower ready...and move the truck into the garage..(he cleaned it up) HAHHA..I have food and enough of everything I think..
But we will go to the store and get some snacks that dont have to be cooked in the oven...like top of the stove foods...we have gas stove...(I LOVE IT) but can only cook on the top when the power goes out..
Oil lamps are ready..
there is light at the end of the tunnel...warmer temps for monday and tuesday..like 40s ..YIPPEE>.
I would trade weather with you if I could. We're suppose to be in the low 70's today. I keep thinking, "where's my Winter!!". I'm just afraid of what the Summer will look like, with temps in the 70's in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Yesterday I discovered that I had a Jet Blue credit that is expiring in April and JB just happened to be having a sales so ..... now I have a "free" trip to Southern Cali to see DD and DS .... and maybe a little side trip to DL!!!
That is awesome!!

Well, we are now officially booked at the BC from 9/10-9/14 in a GV room. I hate the automated thing before you talk to a rep. They have all my information all wrong, and they make you change things. Then when I talk to a rep, they have the correct information. As I was typing the first part of this post, I was doing to survey. I wasn't paying much attention as I was going through it. Basically, I was just pressed "1". Well I did that one time and I realized the question it had just asked was the one about how many calls it took to resolve this issue. In a way I guess my answer was right (I just put 1), but then again it was wrong. I have only called once to change from the CR to the BC, but I have called several times to change resorts.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #2497
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wookie: WHoo hoo for the BC!!! Let's hope we both love it, I know we will!

Linda: Another whoot whoot for a free plane ride to see your loved ones! Does it get much better than that?? Oh yes when you can add in DL!!

Pumba: We are supposed to get a ton of snow too, but nothing here yet and it was forecasted to start 2 hours ago! Stay warm!

Jeanette: Violin? How lovely!

Miss: Seattle sounds interesting...have you been before? I think it sounds like a good excuse for summer mini trip!

Magic: Three weeks til Disney??? You lucky duck!!

Iheart: Sorry about the tooth...hope it is not too painful. Kids....!!

Well, our tenting trip in the summer is slowly evolving into a tent trailer trip instead!! Ok, I admit it, I am a princess. They are quite reasonable to rent for a week ($400) and worth it for the extra comfort I think. So that is new....that is all though!

I am enjoying Melissa's live reporting treeeemendously!!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #2498
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Are YOU tattling on the tattletale???? Good times with good peeps!

Quote:
I will be there in 3 weeks. CR Gardens Wing has always held a strong pull for me. I am quite excited for Deluxe. I think I am going to get my Chicago-bred DH a Richard Petty Experience for his BD. City boy won't know what hit him.
That sounds really fun!

Quote:
Good for you! You and Mousemommy can really yuk it up together!
And I give partial credit to you for booking. That Dole Whip with Spiced Rum sent me over the edge.

Quote:
I swear my DH is pushing this trip off in hopes I forget or cancel August turned into November and December...well he doesn't need to know just yet does he??? Miss Janet has 3 trips booked...at least
I'm officially corn-fused...

Quote:
DetTigsGal My DS made Wind Ensemble as well...lots of extra practice for him..then last night he was complaining I make him do too much
The kid turned 12 last month and the tween attitude is in full force
Yay for your DS!

Quote:
Yikes!Sorry about your choppers
Thanks

Quote:
YAY for a F&G trip!!!!
for DH's job watch!!! I was thinking of changing to BC or WL...BUT I am in love with being on the monorail....
There is just something about being on monorail. I'm about to call in to check on Poly CL for 3 nts in August. I got a quote today for 7 nts at WBC. I'm getting very tempted to try it on a split.

Quote:
My rational side is listening to my DH (and BFF janet) about CL as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
When they admitted me when I was pregnant with the oldest DS it was like 240-something/140-something. Since then the highest I remember the bottom number being was 157, and that was over a World of Warcraft raid

Holy schnikes! (said in my best Chris Farley voice)

Quote:
I_Heart: Oh no about the tooth... even more "oh no" about the cost! Eesh.
Thanks

Quote:
Wookie: Oooo Oooo... (My hubs' systolic pressure -- when he had his Gone with the Wind episode two years ago -- was in the 30s. My Scarlett O'Hara, he is. Haven't had mine checked in ages.
I hope he is doing much better now!

Quote:
Hrmph.

Seattle sounds way cool.

Quote:
Snow tomorrow..just in time for me to go into work...hopefully not too many transports....the Ambulance doesn't handle well in the snow
Stay safe!

Quote:
HRH has her first orchestra concert Tuesday (she plays Violin)
How exciting!

Quote:
As for DS12...it's ALWAYS my fault
My boys still think I'm the best thing since sliced bread. I squint my eyes and skim really fast over stuff like this. It won't happen to me...it won't happen to me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
Oil lamps are ready..
Good luck and stay safe!

Quote:
Great news!

Quote:

I rechecked today, and figured out why there was a difference. The YC is pool/lagoon view, and they didn't have garden view. The BC has garden view available. I can always just book the BC, and put in a request for a full balcony. I have never had a request not fulfilled, and hopefully with it being a slower time of the year it will help.
Ahhh, those SV and GV rooms do get scooped up pretty quickly.

Quote:
Hopefully, mine will never get that low. I am supposed to check my through out the day in different positions (sitting down, laying down, standing up) and after different activites (just waking up, just after the 45 minute walk, when I'm stressed, when I'm ticked off, etc.).
You take care of yourself!

Quote:
I didn't know they still had Lollapalooza. My brother took me to the 2nd on, the summer after my Freshman year in hs and after his Senior year. I was the only girl in two cars full of his friends that went. It was a blast!!
Sounds like fun!

Quote:
Well, we are now officially booked at the BC from 9/10-9/14 in a GV room. I hate the automated thing before you talk to a rep. They have all my information all wrong, and they make you change things. Then when I talk to a rep, they have the correct information. As I was typing the first part of this post, I was doing to survey. I wasn't paying much attention as I was going through it. Basically, I was just pressed "1". Well I did that one time and I realized the question it had just asked was the one about how many calls it took to resolve this issue. In a way I guess my answer was right (I just put 1), but then again it was wrong. I have only called once to change from the CR to the BC, but I have called several times to change resorts.
And there it is... I've been reading along hoping I'd see this news!

I used to always take the survey if I got an awesome CM and press only ones. Last time I actually listened and I realized what I had been doing. Oops!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #2499
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Well, our tenting trip in the summer is slowly evolving into a tent trailer trip instead!! Ok, I admit it, I am a princess. They are quite reasonable to rent for a week ($400) and worth it for the extra comfort I think. So that is new....that is all though!

I forgot to comment on this before. Your DD's comment about the forms had me literally laughing out loud. So cute (and precocious!)

A tent trailer sounds great!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #2500
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Sheesh I just can't seem to stay away from these nightmare threads. Check it out on the community board about mothers who have regrets. I am disturbed...but hoping someone is trolling.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #2501
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I heart I spent a week on one trip ... either Nov 2011 or Jan 2012 ... can't remember which at Wyndom Bonnet Creek ... one bedroom. I really enjoyed it. I did not rent a car .... used their shuttle. It was never too crowded on the shuttle but I didn't find the times very convenient ... there was a long break in the afternoon when they stopped running and it seemed like that was when I wanted to come back to the resort for awhile. If I were to stay there again I think I'd want a car. I have some pretty pictures of the view from my room but of course being the tech challenged person I am I don't know how to post them here!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #2502
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Wookie: WHoo hoo for the BC!!! Let's hope we both love it, I know we will!
I'll just need one go round in the lazy river, and I'll never move out of the BC.

Quote:
Me too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Holy schnikes! (said in my best Chris Farley voice)
Yeah, it was pretty bad. My hubby had to help dress me to get me to the doctor and I couldn't hold my own glass of water to drink. Hopefully, it will never be that high again.

Quote:
Ahhh, those SV and GV rooms do get scooped up pretty quickly.
Hopefully, the ones for the FD (since I hope they offer it in September) don't get picked up before I get one. The hubby wants it to be under $3K. Well actually the only price he's totally happy with is the one for the PC.

Quote:
You take care of yourself!
I will. I had to set a few alarms to remember to take my meds.

Quote:
Sounds like fun!
It was. We ended up leaving before the Chili Peppers were done, so we could miss the crowds. Then my brother's car wouldn't start. He asked someone if they could jump him off and they agreed to in exchange for some herbs that I might get in trouble for talking about on here. We didn't have any, but then they agreed to anyway.

Quote:
And there it is... I've been reading along hoping I'd see this news!

I used to always take the survey if I got an awesome CM and press only ones. Last time I actually listened and I realized what I had been doing. Oops!
This may be the last change I make. The DS (and I) are both really looking forward to SAB.

Quote:
Sheesh I just can't seem to stay away from these nightmare threads. Check it out on the community board about mothers who have regrets. I am disturbed...but hoping someone is trolling.
I'll have to go check it out. I'll look, like it's a train wreck, and not say anything.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #2503
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Happy Thursday Peeps!

Congratulations seem to be in order to DetTigsGal's DS and Pas' DS for making Wind Ensemble!! They are going to ROCK it out!! And Good Luck to HRH on her concert next week!!

Iheart: Sorry for the tooth problems... Your reward is your quickie F&G trip! And you get to be lounge buddies with MM!

Padawans, congrats on securing a GV at YC. Sounds like a good plan to re-vist the CL issue when the trip is closer. Best wishes on the job front for your DH.

Jen, trailer camping is the way to go for this princess too... Growing up my parents took us on yearly camping trips to New England.. looking back they are great memories. BTW your DD4 is such a cutie...loved her comment "So we put our names on a form if we be good, and we put our names on anudder form if we be bad??"

Miss, been out to Seattle many years ago... love it..you and Miss M will have a great time exploring the two days the hubs is in conference.

Pumba, we stayed at Riverside last month and we loved it... Some good rates right now too.

Wookie, congrats on deciding on BC! Great choice!

Quote:
Well, the appt was exhausting. Six doctors over four hours and DS and I are wiped out. I am going to go crazy over the next few weeks waiting for the report. I need to go snuggle with my little guy now. I'll try to catch up with you all later.
We'll wait it out with you!

Quote:
May Although early November janet and I MAY be there
"may" be??

Quote:
My ying or yang...voice of reason
well.... I try....

Quote:
Jeanette & Janet this mama is very confused .... August, early Nov and Dec????
GG, why are earth are you confused?? :

Quote:
[Janet: Would Sam still stick with band if she gave up on the Marching Band?
Miss, Sam would still be in the concert band and will join the Friday Night Football Band... the Marching Band is the competition band and would bring her involvement to another level.... was so hoping she would join for the experience, even if she elects to do just the one year... the music program is terrific at the school and she would form a lot of new friendships. Oh, well it has to be her decision, as it requires a lot of time and energy... so I will keep quiet until she decides...

Quote:
Are YOU tattling on the tattletale???? Good times with good peeps!
Guess I learn the art of tattletaling from the pro... we had a GREAT time! You will have to share pix of your DH in his Richard Petty Experience!!

Quote:
I swear my DH is pushing this trip off in hopes I forget or cancel August turned into November and December...well he doesn't need to know just yet does he??? Miss Janet has 3 trips booked...at least

My rational side is listening to my DH (and BFF janet) about CL as well...
Pas, we'll get you to FL this year or bust!! And yes, best not to tell DH about December now.... maybe tell him Dec 1??

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #2504
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

We just got our refund from the IRS. Crazy, yes?

... so I just spent about 10 minutes trying to price out a late October trip on the new site.

I think I need a drink.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #2505
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just got our refund from the IRS. Crazy, yes?

... so I just spent about 10 minutes trying to price out a late October trip on the new site.

I think I need a drink.
Didn't you just file??? We filed on 2/4 and it said we should get our refund by 2/25/13....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: