DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #2476
kccne
Earning My Ears

I'm coming to the RESORT!!!!!!!!! We just changed our reservations from POR, and rented some points to come to the SSR! I am excited!!!!!

ME (28) DW (22) DS (8) DS (4) DS (2)
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #2477
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74
Is there room in the 1 bedroom area for a kid size inflatable mattress? We are staying for a week and have a 3 and 11yr old. We will always put the 3yr old to sleep in the king bed to start but debating whether we would transfer her to a bed on the floor or just sleep with her in the middle. I can not see her and her 11yr old sharing the pullout. They both are very restless sleepers and I imagine a noisy mess. I would be fine with her in the middle, but again, the girl sleeps all over the place. Thinking an air mattress might give us more space. How bad is the pullout sofa? Thanks in advance!
There is plenty of space for an air mattress. I had all 3 little kids sleep in the bedroom with me, 2 in the king and1 on the floor. Worked perfectly. We just had extra blankets to make a little nest for him and he was fine. I prefer to not use the living room as a bedroom which is why they weren't on the pullout.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #2478
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmlaw View Post
Im tying to figure out where in the paddock area the new pool is when looking at a map. And when looking at the map how you walk to DTD
When looking at the Paddock section from NW to SE, the pool is between the 2nd and 3rd buildings. The bridge across the lake leads almost directly to it.

The path to Downtown Disney is in the Congress Park section of the resort, along the water, following the contour of the lake in a clockwise direction.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #2479
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Good Morning,

How hard is it to get a cab from the Congress Park section??

Thanks
~Nannette
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #2480
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette
Good Morning,

How hard is it to get a cab from the Congress Park section??

Thanks
~Nannette
Not hard at all, just hit the bell services button on your phone & bell will call the cab & send it around to the front of your building. If you are not leaving Disney property & bell is not busy, they might grab a van & drive you themselves. I have had that happen 2 or 3 times. If that is the case, I usually tip the bell guy approximately what the cab fare would have been.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #2481
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Great thanks Dannysmom! I have to get to Wide World of Sports for a game and the bus seems to take forever I'm told... so rather than rent a car I thought a cab might be the way to go.

Thanks again
~Nannette
Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #2482
czmom
DIS Veteran

Hi! My DD6 and I are looking into a quick resort only trip to SSR in April. We would be in a studio. She LOVES to swim, so I want to be near one of the water slides! I believe there are 2 great waterslides there, correct? Are they walking distance from one another? We plan to participate in the pool activites and also any other children's activities while we are there. Maybe even a boat ride to DTD.

If someone could give me a suggestion as where to request to stay that would be perfect.

Also, are there any booking categories for SSR?

Thank you!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #2483
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom
Hi! My DD6 and I are looking into a quick resort only trip to SSR in April. We would be in a studio. She LOVES to swim, so I want to be near one of the water slides! I believe there are 2 great waterslides there, correct? Are they walking distance from one another? We plan to participate in the pool activites and also any other children's activities while we are there. Maybe even a boat ride to DTD.

If someone could give me a suggestion as where to request to stay that would be perfect.

Thank you!
The 2 water slides are at the High Rock Springs pool & the Paddock pool. You can easily walk between the 2 pools, about 5-10 minutes depending on pace. You could request either Springs or Paddock sections to be close to one of the main pool areas. The Springs section would be closer to Artists Palette and the boat launch to DTD.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #2484
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
The 2 water slides are at the High Rock Springs pool & the Paddock pool. You can easily walk between the 2 pools, about 5-10 minutes depending on pace. You could request either Springs or Paddock sections to be close to one of the main pool areas. The Springs section would be closer to Artists Palette and the boat launch to DTD.

Would both of these sections still be easily accessible to the community hall?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #2485
amym2
DIS Veteran

The community hall is right next to the Springs pool. We spent a couple of hours at the Paddock pool (kids loved it) and then moved over to the Springs pool, and the kids enjoyed the slides at both. The Springs pool is much larger and it was cold! DD swam but DH and DS went to the community hall to play ping pong instead.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #2486
czmom
DIS Veteran

One more question...you have all been so helpful! We are going in April. Will the Springs and Paddock rooms all be rennovated by then?

ETA: nevermind, I found the answer!

New question...Does SSR typically honor requests?

Last edited by czmom; 02-07-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:22 AM   #2487
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom
One more question...you have all been so helpful! We are going in April. Will the Springs and Paddock rooms all be rennovated by then?

ETA: nevermind, I found the answer!

New question...Does SSR typically honor requests?
Hi nice to meet you. May I chip in? We have had our requests meet about 50% of the time. We go once a year in Sep or October. OP might have different experiences. I do book an accessible room though which is always honoured and this may influence which blocks they can allocate and have limited supply. We have always found the staff at SSR outstanding. We have never had anything less than we requested. If they did not grant it we generally got something better! Enjoy.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 02-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #2488
nannette

Another question regarding room request... I know it is just that a room request. I can now do online check in, but I know some don't recommended it if you have a room request this way if it isn't a room you want you can ask to have it changed... that said would you recommend online check in, or does SSR work like other resorts where I should wait until I arrive to do check in??

~Nannette
Old 02-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #2489
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
No, there are no booking categories at SSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
We have had our requests meet about 50% of the time... I do book an accessible room though which is always honoured and this may influence which blocks they can allocate and have limited supply.
I think the HA room is what's probably having the most influence over getting your other requests. There are only a limited number of them. In all the times we've stayed at SSR, I can't remember a single stay where we didn't get exactly what we asked for.

We always have very general requests, though. We'll ask for the top floor and a specific section of the resort. If you're asking for a specific building or a specific room, even, you're chances of getting it go way down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Another question regarding room request... I know it is just that a room request. I can now do online check in, but I know some don't recommended it if you have a room request this way if it isn't a room you want you can ask to have it changed... that said would you recommend online check in, or does SSR work like other resorts where I should wait until I arrive to do check in??
It certainly doesn't hurt to have the waitlist request annotated on the booking by Member Services. It's sure to be seen in this case. Doing this also gives you more flexibility in what you ask for. The online check-in options are very basic.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #2490
nannette

Thanks BirdsofPrey... I will wait and check in once there since I'm arriving by 9 and don't care if I have to wait longer for a room. I'm really hoping for a upper floor with a dtd view... I did make that request so hopefully I get it!

~Nannette

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: