Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #136
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

I am truly hoping Disneyatlast is a troll, sincerely hoping.....

Now you can call me crazy, delusional. demented, unhappy, perfect whatever you want, but the issue here is not the gender of the parent/child or the age of the child, the issue here is an adult that refuses to acknowledge the clearly defined personal physical boundaries of a child. The "unsettling" factor is just added to by the fact that it is just one of his children he singles out, particularly when the children are different genders. This is not typical or normal behavior from an adult.

I know that you think everyone here is picking on you, but just imagine that your son goes to school, or the pediatrician, or some other mandated reporter and says, "I like to sleep in my own room, but my dad makes me sleep in his bed with him, and sometimes he comes in my room after I'm asleep and takes me out of my bed and brings me into bed with him."

This would be reported to DCS in a minute. Probably less than a minute.

Even if there is nothing nefarious going on here, what you and your husband are teaching your son is that adults do not need to honor his personal, physical boundaries. As someone who has a degree in early childhood development you see how devastating that could be.

BTW, I'm a nurse, if your son came into the office and made the statement above I would be required to report it to DCS. As a nurse, you know that, too.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #137
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules
I think maybe someone has fallen off their rocker, and I'm not taking about Betty White.
This made me lol
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #138
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblackpug
I am truly hoping Disneyatlast is a troll, sincerely hoping.....

Now you can call me crazy, delusional. demented, unhappy, perfect whatever you want, but the issue here is not the gender of the parent/child or the age of the child, the issue here is an adult that refuses to acknowledge the clearly defined personal physical boundaries of a child. The "unsettling" factor is just added to by the fact that it is just one of his children he singles out, particularly when the children are different genders. This is not typical or normal behavior from an adult.

I know that you think everyone here is picking on you, but just imagine that your son goes to school, or the pediatrician, or some other mandated reporter and says, "I like to sleep in my own room, but my dad makes me sleep in his bed with him, and sometimes he comes in my room after I'm asleep and takes me out of my bed and brings me into bed with him."

This would be reported to DCS in a minute. Probably less than a minute.

Even if there is nothing nefarious going on here, what you and your husband are teaching your son is that adults do not need to honor his personal, physical boundaries. As someone who has a degree in early childhood development you see how devastating that could be.

BTW, I'm a nurse, if your son came into the office and made the statement above I would be required to report it to DCS. As a nurse, you know that, too.
Well said. Especially the boundaries explanation and how, as the boy gets older, others may see it.
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne
Old 02-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #139
wvjules
DIS Veteran

You don't need to have the account cancelled to not come back. You just don't come back. Simple.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #140
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyATlast View Post

The ignoring method obviously doesn't work here.

I just keep getting "infractions" for MY rude comments. I went ahead and cussed the moderator to make sure I go ahead and have my account cancelled.

There are some real fruit loops here. Then again, what can you expect from people who wear Mickey Mouse ears for fun?

You can say that again
Old 02-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #141
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
You can say that again
There are some real froot loops here.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #142
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I just keep getting "infractions" for MY rude comments. I went ahead and cussed the moderator to make sure I go ahead and have my account cancelled.

There are some real fruit loops here. Then again, what can you expect from people who wear Mickey Mouse ears for fun?

I've just been lurking, but now you are really going to extremes - cursing the moderator? For real?

This really makes a person seem truly unbalanced. To really ignore (if this *was* your intent) is to simply *stop* posting when you said you were, more than once, if I recall. Just don't keep . You are just digging a deeper pit
Old 02-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #143
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Lol, the biggest snowflake here is your husband who uses your child for comfort. I wouldn't worry about what goes in in bed of others. I could go nurse my baby and come back to a nice big bed for people who wanted comfort and time with one another and not some some grade school kid.

But then again my husband made time during daylight hours to spend time with our boys.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #144
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:

It strikes me as funny that you are named DisneyATlast and yet you are calling people who wear Mickey ears fruit loops. As a member of a Disney board, and with a name like yours, I'd think you were a Disney fan just like all the ear wearing folks.

You know the fact that you have an account doesn't mean you are required to post, don't you? Why not just walk away instead of trying to get banned?

You are obviously bothered by the fact that so many people find your situation abnormal. I hope that once your initial anger has subsided, you are able to look at the situation clearly and consider whether it really is as healthy as you seem to think it is. I don't think someone would react the way you are if they were truly as comfortable with the situation as you claim to be. Your reaction just seems too much like the old "The lady doth protest too much" scenario to me.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #145
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyATlast

Get a life you miserable hag.

Why are you so obsessed with me?

You badger EVERYBODY and act like your crap doesn't stink.
Nice
Old 02-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #146
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
Quote:
Are you mental?
Of course, I'm being judged by people who don't sleep in the same beds or even rooms as their spouses, don't let their children cry, and think that men serving as banks while they play parent is "normal."
What the heck does this mean???

It means something like this:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=382

"I like when people have such strong opinions about people not paying "their own way," but when talking numbers, they only mention "DH's check." Ironic."
I am still confused. I must be having a slow day. Too me it sounds like a dig at SAHMs.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #147
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

I am still confused. I must be having a slow day. Too me it sounds like a dig at SAHMs.
She's YAGEing(is that a word??? Lol)

I call trouble maker from the beginning.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #148
2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Back ON topic...

my biggest parenting regret (and I know I'll have more as my kids are only 9 and 12) is that I didn't try pumping with my 1st baby. I tried to BF, and that didn't work out (not getting into why) and I just went right to formula. With my 2nd, I tried BF again, again, didn't work out, so I rented a hospital grade pump, and pumped and pumped and pumped.. I went back to work when DS2 was 6 weeks old. At that point I only pumped in the evenings & on weekends. I didn't pump during the day at all. But because of pumping & freezing, my DS2 was exclusive breast milk until he was almost 8 months old. At that point, supply was pretty much gone so he finished the year w/ breast milk & formula supplemented. I wish I had pumped w/ my first.

I also wish I had not spent so much money on bunches of useless stuff that they never used or never played with.

I do agree w/ previous posters though... I think we are all just parents doing the best we can at the time based on the information and resources available to us. with this in mind, I don't "really" regret anything.

DH ME
DS#1 13 DS#2 10

Lots of Magical Memories between 1999 - 2012
Maybe another visit in 2013 ? I can only hope!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #149
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you're going to go out, go out with a bang.

By the way, I would never wear Mickey ears or any other cartoon junk. Disney World is for kids. Duh.
And you are posting on a Disney message board, why?

Now, I've never work Mickey ears (or, as an adult, anything with a character on it), but I'd be a hypocrite if I made comments like you are making while on a Disney message board.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #150
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:

Get a life you miserable hag.

Why are you so obsessed with me?

You badger EVERYBODY and act like your crap doesn't stink.
Lol, really? Have you read your posts ragging inn all who make different choices than you? If so then you would understand my amusement. Lol, or obsession. . As far as miserable? Not quite.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: