Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #136
iluveeyore
DVC Member - Disney is my second home!

We were there Jan. 1-9, so first week it started - all we saw was the extended dance party at MK, which we have done before, and then my nephew was buying a cookie at a booth in AK and was told when he tried to pay, "you have just received a magical moment, no need to pay, enjoy!" But we saw no banners, signs, or mention of it anywhere in any parks - all their other promotions had some kind of signs all over so you knew it was a special promotion going on.

We love our Disney trips, and my nephew was ecstatic for that small piece of magic. I just agree that Disney should either not do any promotions or they should do them well. We had planned our trip 10 months in advance, so we go regardless of what Disney decides to have as a promotion.

iluveeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #137
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1197 View Post
They have already posted the events for Feb....True Love Week - February 11-17, 2013
See!? That's it!
Disney has been promoting "special events, etc" to take place every week!
And they have not delivered. They have in effect... lied!
People don't like being lied to or misled to believe things are going to happen and nothing does.
Disney did this.....
we, as consumers, have a right to expect that if they are going to advertise it and promote it.... then it should happen.

I truely don't care if there is anything Limited happening when we go. We will have a special time no matter what because.... it is Disney World and it is Special without "Limited Whatever"!
But they can't advertise it then not deliver.

Imagine if you showed up at the Flower and Garden Festival one day and there were NO Flowers?? Pretty much the same idea..... Not delivering what they promoted.
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #138
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They did have an event this week. After the Superbowl MVP left they continued to do the football-themed pre-parade at MK for a couple of days. And Cosmic Rays will sell you some soup. This week only. Because it's winter, I guess.

True Love is next week and they just haven't released the rest of February yet. We don't know what it will be. But they did have a full week devoted to voting for next year's logo, so it could be something that doesn't take place in a park at all.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #139
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
But they did have a full week devoted to voting for next year's logo, so it could be something that doesn't take place in a park at all.
Really??!!!
Something that doesn't take place in the park??
Then why promote that it's Limited Magic at the Parks??

Back to my example of Flower & Garden......
Disney says "oh, here's your dandelion"
Old 02-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #140
fbb
Mouseketeer

Why should we be grateful for an 'extra promotion' when stuff like this used to be part of an everyday WDW experience? Why did Robin Hood and his gang become 'long lost' in the first place?
fbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #141
wookiebeck
Fan of both WDW and USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
They did have an event this week. ... And Cosmic Rays will sell you some soup. This week only. Because it's winter, I guess.
I'm sorry, but after several days of this thread, I still every time someone mentions the soup. Sooooo funny to me. What a promotional concept. Soup.

Not even free soup. Just an opportunity to be in the running to purchase...soup.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #142
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbb
Why should we be grateful for an 'extra promotion' when stuff like this used to be part of an everyday WDW experience? Why did Robin Hood and his gang become 'long lost' in the first place?
Because gratitude is a wonderful way of being that will really expand your life outside of constant expectation and disappointment ;-) And while we're at it, you don't have to grateful for anything, but to waste human energy complaining about this is just beyond me.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #143
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbb View Post
Because they keep making more and more movies usually with new characters each time. If they kept every character that they have every had out all the time there would be no room for guests.

Your point is only valid if they no longer had any character M&Gs.

Last edited by chartle; 02-07-2013 at 12:36 PM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #144
nikki7680
Mouseketeer

Well so far I still like the idea. They are only 7/8 weeks into the promotion. Everyone is comparing this to the Year of a Million Dreams Promotion. With that promotion your "magic" happened by chance. And those type of things still happen on a daily basis. Magical upgrades, magical free cookies, magical fastpasses, etc. But with LTM, everyone has an opportunity to participate in the week's events, whatever they may be. Everyone who is there that weeks gets the chance to buy the soup, buy the special merchandise, etc. No one is left out. And the people arriving the next week get the same chance but just with different stuff or themes. I get the concept of the promotion and I do like it. Face it, everything in life is limited. Our kids are only little for a short time. Some people are only with us a short time. Some people's good health is only a short time. For others, finances might be limited. I like the idea of grabbing on to the time we have and making the best of it. I for one am just happy that I am going to Disney with my boys this September. And if I dance with a villian or get to talk like a Pirate, then great. If not, I will probably talk like a Pirate anyway and make my own LTM!! Argh!!

Take Me To My Happy Place! September 2014 PTR
nikki7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #145
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1197 View Post
They have already posted the events for Feb....True Love Week - February 11-17, 2013
So then there is nothing else in February after the 17th? I'm fine with nothing.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #146
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
So then there is nothing else in February after the 17th? I'm fine with nothing.
Not necessarily. Other than the 3 or 4 pre-announced events, all other events are being announced 2-3 days in advance.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #147
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Not necessarily. Other than the 3 or 4 pre-announced events, all other events are being announced 2-3 days in advance.
I'm betting that is on purpose. If anyone was at the parks during the Year of a Million Dreams you know how people went crazy stalking the CMs.

I don't get what the big upset is. Disney said they were doing fun things, but I never saw where they said they were going to be doing huge things on a weekly basis. Take it for what it is, and don't waste time and energy being upset. Maybe some of the things they are doing are pretty silly (like the soup) but so what? Enjoy the promotions for what they are.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #148
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Because gratitude is a wonderful way of being that will really expand your life outside of constant expectation and disappointment ;-) And while we're at it, you don't have to grateful for anything, but to waste human energy complaining about this is just beyond me.
OK, not to sound disrespectful, but aren't you wasting just as much time telling everyone to stop complaining as the one's actually complaining?

Sarcasm....the body's natural defense against stupid.
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #149
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered

OK, not to sound disrespectful, but aren't you wasting just as much time telling everyone to stop complaining as the one's actually complaining?
Sure you can construe it as complaining if you wish. But my intention is pointing out the need for a shift towards gratitude as a way of being. It really is a wonderful thing :-)

Eta: I don't consider that a waste of time, ever.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #150
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Sure you can construe it as complaining if you wish. But my intention is pointing out the need for a shift towards gratitude as a way of being. It really is a wonderful thing :-)

Eta: I don't consider that a waste of time, ever.

Somehow being grateful just doesn't seem to apply here. I'm grateful for a sunny day, a healthy day, my family, my home, and my backyard. I love Disney World and I'm extremely grateful for each day I get to spend there. But I'm not grateful to Disney for providing a little something or possibly even nothing when they promised something cool . I'm not mad or even upset. We head down on the 23rd and if they do nothing at all, I'll still be grateful that I was able to go, and I'll be back next year. I'll be grateful to my God and to my husband for agreeing that we could afford it. But I won't be grateful to Disney for trying to sell me a bowl of soup or "allowing" me to vote on something. I could be wrong, but this is my outlook.

Honestly, most of us make our own fun in the parks. We take a wonderful place and put our own spin on it. We get up early or we sleep in and stay fresh for the fireworks. We sit down for most of our meals or grab burgers when we feel the urge. We ride the rides all day long or we stroll the parks taking in the details. The promotions really don't matter that much. I think most people on here that seem to be complaining are simply stating that they think this is a silly promotion and an inconsistent one at that. They think Disney could have done better and I think they could have too. Will it affect my trip at all? Not in the least, but its fun to discuss.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: