Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
we came into this vacation thinking we had to see Cars Land, but that once we did this, we likely would go back to going exclusively to WDW.

This is exactly our thoughts going into our trip. I am so happy to read your trip report and what an amazing time your family had! We are staying at the VGC for the first time in December. My daughter will be 7, and son 4, so this gave me a great idea of what to expect.

Did I read it right that you lined up for EMH just 10 minutes before it opened? That would be fantastic!
That's right. We showed up to the main entrance at 6:50am on our first morning (seemed like 8:50am to us Texans) and were first in one of the lines. There were 10 people or so in 2 of the lines, but many aisles were wide open, so we got to be first in those. Once we did that, others saw what we did and quickly covered up the other open turnstiles.

As far as the rest of the days, we showed up around 8:45-8:50am or so for the 9am EMHs and were about 15th-20th or so in line each time. We were in within 5 minutes of EMH start on most days, with one DL EMH day taking about 10 minutes to get in. DL EMH was a little more crowded due to it being open to non DLR guests. So I'd suggest getting to the esplanade a little earlier on DL EMH days than DCA EMH days. Especially if you don't want a 15 minute Peter Pan wait time, which it is by 15 minutes into EMH.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: