Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #211
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!
 
disneypoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa, Kansas
Posts: 2,714

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel39 View Post
thank you for the referral and he was very nice. Our plane was delayed for hours leaving las vegas as the flight was orignating in Toronto and they had an electrical storm. I called him to let him know we were delayed and he said not to worry. He was there when we got there, loaded up the limos and straight to the hotel

We made arrangements to be picked up at noon on the 2nd, 2 hour tour and then to the airport. Our tour went well but the other limo driver didn't do as well. But when we got to the airport he charged me for 3 hours cause he came early I was not happy and had to charge half of it as I didn't have the cash since we budgetted for 2 hours. (2 limos $510)

Thank you again Susan. I appreciate the referral, I would just recommend anyone who uses him to get the total fee's upfront......
Hi, Kathie! So sorry I'm just now getting back to you. Extreme Home Make Over has been in Ottawa, Kansas (where I live), and I've been helping at the build site. It's been a blast, but I'm sure glad we've revealed cause I'm tired! I'm glad things worked out well with the limos, but I'm sorry the other limo driver charged you for the extra hour. Did Nick do that as well? In all honesty, I bet our tour lasted a bit longer than 2 hours, and Nick just acted like it was no big deal at all. We paid for just 2 hours. Sorry that happened. I hope you enjoyed your cruise! It's been so hot here in Kansas that I wish I had the cool breezes of Alaska right now!

Susan
__________________


09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:24 AM   #212
ariel39
Mouseketeer
 
ariel39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pahrump, NV
Posts: 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypoor View Post
Hi, Kathie! So sorry I'm just now getting back to you. Extreme Home Make Over has been in Ottawa, Kansas (where I live), and I've been helping at the build site. It's been a blast, but I'm sure glad we've revealed cause I'm tired! I'm glad things worked out well with the limos, but I'm sorry the other limo driver charged you for the extra hour. Did Nick do that as well? In all honesty, I bet our tour lasted a bit longer than 2 hours, and Nick just acted like it was no big deal at all. We paid for just 2 hours. Sorry that happened. I hope you enjoyed your cruise! It's been so hot here in Kansas that I wish I had the cool breezes of Alaska right now!

Susan
Hi Susan
Thats cool that you got to participate.....I would so love it....Anyhow no it was Nick that did it. it cost us $510 for 2 limos for a 2 hr tour and drive to the airport. Oh well its over now, but would have to rethink using him again. Since I put half on my credit card, it cost me about $300 instead of the $255.

Yes I sure wish we had the cool breezes, coming home to 110 degree weather wasn't the greatest!!!
__________________
Kathie







Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise July 26, 2011

Royal Carribean - Liberty of the Seas Caribbean Cruise - June 2010

Disney Magic Mediterrean Cruise July 18-28, 2007

ariel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #213
meajuly5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 693

Great report! Truly enjoyed.
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #214
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!
 
disneypoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa, Kansas
Posts: 2,714

Quote:
Originally Posted by meajuly5
Great report! Truly enjoyed.
Thank you!!!

I'm going to PM you the information I have from our limo driver. Of course, we did this cruise in June of 2011, so I'm not sure if he is still there or not. Let me know if you get ahold of him. Good luck!

Susan
__________________


09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise

Last edited by disneypoor; 02-05-2013 at 09:46 PM.
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #215
lorimay
DIS Veteran
 
lorimay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,271

Great report!!!

I enjoyed reading thru it today.

I understand the rock style life when you get on board..... LOL
This is my husbands first comment always when I start talking about another Disney cruise......
WHAT'S IT REALLY GONNA COST??????

Then he begins spewing all the "Extra's"......
But I have started my harassing for an Alaskan cruise this summer.

DId you enjoy the Canada cruise?
We did the last one out of NYC in September, we loved it!!!!
Hope they do it again and perhaps extend the days to 7 or longer.
__________________
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #216
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!
 
disneypoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa, Kansas
Posts: 2,714

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay
Great report!!!

I enjoyed reading thru it today.

I understand the rock style life when you get on board..... LOL
This is my husbands first comment always when I start talking about another Disney cruise......
WHAT'S IT REALLY GONNA COST??????

Then he begins spewing all the "Extra's"......
But I have started my harassing for an Alaskan cruise this summer.

DId you enjoy the Canada cruise?
We did the last one out of NYC in September, we loved it!!!!
Hope they do it again and perhaps extend the days to 7 or longer.
Thank you! My family is pretty sure I think I'm a rock star when it comes to traveling. Lol! We ended up going to Maui and Disney World, so we decided against the Canada cruise. We are getting ready for a 5 night in the Wonder though. I can't wait for that!

Susan
__________________


09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #217
lorimay
DIS Veteran
 
lorimay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,271

Have a wonderful time!!!!

__________________
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #218
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer
 
SigalTchelet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 328

Great Trip report Susan! Brought back very vivid memories o the Alaskan cruise my folks took our whole family on in July 1999> I loved Skagway and the White Pass railway. Wish we could have stayed a few days in Vancouver.

Siggy aka Jill
__________________

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011


SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #219
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!
 
disneypoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa, Kansas
Posts: 2,714

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet
Great Trip report Susan! Brought back very vivid memories o the Alaskan cruise my folks took our whole family on in July 1999> I loved Skagway and the White Pass railway. Wish we could have stayed a few days in Vancouver.

Siggy aka Jill
Thank you! Reading back thru it brings back some wonderful memories. Vancouver was great!

Susan
__________________


09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #220
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!
 
RweTHEREyet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: OKW, BCV, SSR, BLT, THV, VGC, VGF
Posts: 6,437

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypoor View Post

Once the captain made his turn at the glacier, we headed back. I think most people thought the show was over, but it was far from over! My husband and I had gone up to deck 10 to see if Brandon was playing basketball, and we noticed that we were getting closer and closer to shore. In fact, it seemed the captain was wedging the ship into a cove that looked to be too small for our huge ship. He just kept going, and all of a sudden, people began to notice and were flooding deck 10. As it turns out, the captain was just trying to show us how much control he has of the ship. I now believe him! We were within feet of a waterfall and the shore, and there wasn't that much room to spare at the back of the ship either. Even cast members were out watching the show! Here's a picture:



Susan
OK, I think if I saw the ship that close to the edge of a waterfall, I would truly freak out, maybe pass out or at least have to change my linens. Was this not scarey?
__________________
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #221
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!
 
disneypoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa, Kansas
Posts: 2,714

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet

OK, I think if I saw the ship that close to the edge of a waterfall, I would truly freak out, maybe pass out or at least have to change my linens. Was this not scarey?
Lol! There wasn't a drop off or anything like that. Water was rushing down the side of the mountain into the ocean, but I have to admit, I thought something had gone terribly wrong for a few minutes and about needed new linens myself.

Susan
__________________


09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #222
manqvu
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 89

Great trip report! I know its been awhile but do you still have the number for the limo driver in vancouver? We're going on the wonder in June and will have free days in vanouver pre and post cruise. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm!
manqvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #223
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!
 
disneypoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa, Kansas
Posts: 2,714

Quote:
Originally Posted by manqvu View Post
Great trip report! I know its been awhile but do you still have the number for the limo driver in vancouver? We're going on the wonder in June and will have free days in vanouver pre and post cruise. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm!
Hi! Thank you for reading my trip report. My husband and I were just talking this morning about how although we thought our Alaska trip was a once in a lifetime trip, we're kind of ready to go back.

Unfortunately, about two weeks ago I cleaned out my messages, and I think I deleted the contact info for the limo driver. I'm so sorry! Maybe someone else that read my trip report earlier and got the info from me will reply to this.

Vancouver was absolutely amazing! We will definitely want to cruise out of Vancouver again! Enjoy your trip--it is totally amazing!

Susan
__________________


09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #224
manqvu
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypoor View Post
Hi! Thank you for reading my trip report. My husband and I were just talking this morning about how although we thought our Alaska trip was a once in a lifetime trip, we're kind of ready to go back.

Unfortunately, about two weeks ago I cleaned out my messages, and I think I deleted the contact info for the limo driver. I'm so sorry! Maybe someone else that read my trip report earlier and got the info from me will reply to this.

Vancouver was absolutely amazing! We will definitely want to cruise out of Vancouver again! Enjoy your trip--it is totally amazing!

Susan
No worries. Thought i'd give it a shot. I did really enjoy your trip report!
manqvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.