Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #1051
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

I don't get it, court took a break for lunch and they said they'd be back with live testimony and apparently everybody here was watching, but CourtTV was airing Vegas Alley or something? I kept checking back and had to leave for work at 4:30 and it still wasn't on! Is there anywhere I can go to watch it and also, what time will it pick up on Monday (and what time zone)?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #1052
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
I don't get it, court took a break for lunch and they said they'd be back with live testimony and apparently everybody here was watching, but CourtTV was airing Vegas Alley or something? I kept checking back and had to leave for work at 4:30 and it still wasn't on! Is there anywhere I can go to watch it and also, what time will it pick up on Monday (and what time zone)?
InSession is on from 9 - 3 EST. Court usually starts at 10:30 Arizona time, so 12:30 EST. Before court starts, InSession runs down the previous day, and what might happen that day. After InSession ends at 3:00, that channel is pretty useless; the hosts direct people to continue with trial coverage on HLN (TruTV's sister network), but the shows often cut into the testimony with other news stories. And tons of commercials. In the First Post of this thread, there are links to watching livestreaming of the trial.

Hope this helps.
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #1053
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
InSession is on from 9 - 3 EST. Court usually starts at 10:30 Arizona time, so 12:30 EST. Before court starts, InSession runs down the previous day, and what might happen that day. After InSession ends at 3:00, that channel is pretty useless; the hosts direct people to continue with trial coverage on HLN (TruTV's sister network), but the shows often cut into the testimony with other news stories. And tons of commercials. In the First Post of this thread, there are links to watching livestreaming of the trial.

Hope this helps.
Fantabulous! I'll have to make note of that for Monday. Thanks so much for the information!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #1054
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I can't watch the HLN shows anymore. I cannot stand to hear the side of the people who think "poor abused Jodi". (Actually, it's on right now..."she looked sad, depressed, remembering yada yada yada..." Ugh. Time to change the channel.)
(Just catching up, had to facilitate today.)

I agree! This is an incredible insult to people who have truly been abused.

I've heard people make remarks about Travis being her spiritual mentor (think she said something to that effect too) and that she was following his lead - basically that she didn't know any better, and he was controlling her in a wicked way exploiting her desire to become more spiritual.

What a joke! She was no more interested in the Mormon faith than she was any of the other "spiritual" things she followed after men into. What she was interested in was MEN and insinuating herself into their lives. Nobody gets involved to the extent she did as quickly as she did without being a full participant.

The reason she contacted Travis and told him she was interested in his religion to start with was to try to get closer to him. She's obviously been around (for lack of a more delicate way to put it). She knew perfectly well that what they were doing was against the Mormon beliefs, but sex was her only way of holding onto Travis, and she knew it.

In relationships like that (and it can be either sex), the one only in it for the sex generally starts to lose interest. When he was finally really ready to move on (especially after seeing some of her stalker type activities), she decided to show him who was in charge.

ETA: I've also got to say that I've heard several times about Travis being a devout Mormon. He may have been struggling between his beliefs and his actions, but he was a far cry from being devout. I don't think that should carry a death sentence though. Also, just because she says all this played out like she says it did, doesn't mean it really did. She may be making up a very large part of it, and a lot of it may never have even happened. He can't very well take up for himself, now can he?

Last edited by horseshowmom; 02-07-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #1055
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Regardless of how much sex went on, it has nothing to do with the death of Travis. She is only showing how much she wanted the sex. This was not her first time having anal sex. I believe she was the aggressor to the full extent. When you blame the other party you are really talking about yourself. I don't believe for one minute that the jury is buying any of it. But I sure can't wait for Jaun and cross.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #1056
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Regardless of how much sex went on, it has nothing to do with the death of Travis. She is only showing how much she wanted the sex. This was not her first time having anal sex. I believe she was the aggressor to the full extent. When you blame the other party you are really talking about yourself. I don't believe for one minute that the jury is buying any of it. But I sure can't wait for Jaun and cross.
Absoutely, and it really stinks for her to be able to go on and on like a little lost lamb (with her history, no less). His family must be going out of their minds. I won't be working most of next week so I hope I get to see some of the cross examination. I hope he blows her clean out of the water.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #1057
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

If they even get that far. They have only gotten to March 07 and they haven't even gotten around to playing the sex tapes.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:17 AM   #1058
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

I'm hooked on watching this and will check the tweets and live blog.

Jury's gone home? Oh, I can go to Vons now. Can't wait for next week!

I stopped watching it on TruTV - In Session

I switched to Headline News. From Headline News I found their website that posts live blogs. From there I found twitter. From there I found Beth Karas' FB page.

Watching this sure does get my laundry done and I am now ironing everything - while watching of course I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when they get to THAT DAY! And when the prosecution gets their turn. Wowzzzzzzy.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 02-07-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 AM   #1059
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I can't get anything done.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #1060
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I guess it is a good think they called court yesterday. If they had played the tape and it made Travis look bad, the jury would have had 4 days to think about it.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #1061
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I can't get anything done.
I hear you.
My husband said this morning before leaving for work, "I can't wait till this trial is over so I can have my employee back".
So I guess this means he is seeing the dust, laundry and unvacuumed floor becoming more obvious.

But hey, I am also staying home more and not out spending money, so thats a good thing right?!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #1062
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
He's been visiting her in jail for over a year now he breaks his silence.
The new man in Jodi Arias' life speaks

I noticed this guy a day or so ago when he was sitting behind Jodi's mother and aunt. He had some definite expressions while Jodi was on the stand.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #1063
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
The new man in Jodi Arias' life speaks

I noticed this guy a day or so ago when he was sitting behind Jodi's mother and aunt. He had some definite expressions while Jodi was on the stand.
Isn't there some condition or name for people who communicate with those in jail who've been accused of murder? I guess it's not just communicating, but almost falling in love with them? I think Charles Manson had quite a following of ladies who wanted him, and then there was another serial killer (can't think of his name, he was really good looking and killed a slew of females). Maybe this guy thinks Jodi is hot and hopes for some weird relationship?

Also, Jodi spoke of going on a date with Abe hardlastnametospell, he was on a while back...what did he have to say when he was questioned?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #1064
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
Isn't there some condition or name for people who communicate with those in jail who've been accused of murder? I guess it's not just communicating, but almost falling in love with them? I think Charles Manson had quite a following of ladies who wanted him, and then there was another serial killer (can't think of his name, he was really good looking and killed a slew of females). Maybe this guy thinks Jodi is hot and hopes for some weird relationship?

Also, Jodi spoke of going on a date with Abe hardlastnametospell, he was on a while back...what did he have to say when he was questioned?
Here's one of Abe's appearances on Dr Drew's show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRU4NK-7O-g

ETA: His telephonic testimony should be on one of the daily taped testimonies, but I don't recall which day.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #1065
kidshop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Do you think the defense will get to the murder on Monday?

No. We are apparently reliving her 1 1/2 years with Travis in real time. By the time they get to the murder, everyone will have died of boredom.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: