Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

ADR's.......thoughts?

There are the ADR's we have made...would love your opinions.
We are a wish family (Make a Wish). I did not schedule a character meal because he will get to meet Pooh one on one for a meeting and I think character meals might be hard for him - waiting for the characters to see him. Still on the fence about that though......

Chefr France at Epcot (for my daugther's birthday while we are there) Her choice, she will be 12. For dinner

Boma for dinner

T- Rex lunch

Tony Town Square Restaurant lunch

Thanks for your insight.
Oneplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
AstroDad
Earning My Ears

Regarding the character meal, if you do decide to go for one The Garden Grill at Epcot might be good because the characters come early and often. We have eaten there twice and saw each character at least 3 or 4 times both times. Also, the floor of the restaurant is slowly turning, so that might provide some distraction while he is waiting for the characters.

I hope you guys have a great time!
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Haven't been to Tony's in a long time. So I can't comment. But I think your other choices look good! Trex is awesome. Love Chefs and Boma is great. Hope you have a magical trip!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
JZCubed
DIS Veteran

I will assume you're staying at Animal Kingdom????

Traveling to/from Boma can be difficult for anyone if you're traveling from another Resort using Disney buses.

Disney has made travel difficult to/from resort to resort.

And while I've not been to Tony's, my impression from reading DisBoards is it appears to be poorly reviewed. But my child is a fan of Lady & Tramp and will likely want to go anyway. The Plaza seemingly gets better reviews and is about the same price point.

ABC Commisary (2.5-stars*-food), Akershus (3.0*; 5* princess interaction), Artist Point (3.5*), blueZoo (4.5* - Best (Sea) Food w/o jacket required), Boma (4.0* buffet breakfast*), Bongo's (3*), California Grill (3.5*food; 5*- Best View), Cape May Cafe (4* charcter breakfast w/ Goofy), Captain's Grille (2*), Casey's (4* - Qwik Serve Overstuffed Pulled Pork & Slaw w/ Hot Dog), Chef Mickey's (2* food; 5* characters), Cinderella's Royal Table (3.0* food; 4* characters), Citrico's (3.5*), Coral Reef (3.5* food; 4.5* for the view), Crystal Palace (2*), 50's Prime Time Cafe (2.5*), Flame Tree BBQ (3.5* - .5* for taking TiW), Flying Fish (3.5*), Grand Floridian Cafe (3*), Hollywood Brown Derby (3*), House of Blues (3.0* - BBQ), Il Mulino (4.0*), Jiko (3.5*), Le Cellier (3.5*), Les Chefs de France (3*), Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie (4* - French pastry), Marrakesh (3* - Best Value 1-Credit/bit noisy; 4* belly dancers), Narcoossee's (3.5*), Rainforest Cafe (2*), Rose & Crown (2.5*), Sanaa (4* - View of Animals on Savannah), Sci-Fi Theatre (2.5*), Shula's Steakhouse (4*), Sleepy Hollow (4* Qwik Serve chicken waffles & coffee drinks), Spice Road Table (3.5*), Tamu Tamu (4* - Qwik Serve Hidden Gem) Victoria & Albert (5*- Best Service/Tasting Menu), Wave (2.5*), Yak & Yeti (2*)
-- Items in BOLD are personal favorites.

On my 'to dine' list: Monsieur Paul (2015?), Ohana (2016?), Yachtman's Steakhouse (2015?).
JZCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Are you going to a park on the day you have TRex for lunch? I personally would not leave a park and travel to DTD to eat lunch at T Rex. The menu is nothing special and it will be a lot of travel time. If you are at DTD anyway, than if it appeals to you it will be fine.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

I second the Garden Grille suggestion! Good food, interesting restaurant with the view, and the best character interaction of any character meal.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

T-rex can be awfully loud and I also wouldn't leave a park to eat there. If you are at Downtown Disney that's probably a pretty good choice for kids. Hope you have a wonderful trip.
GeorgiaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
tortoni
DIS Veteran

You have some good choices. We like Chefs, but find it much better at lunchtime. Tony's is great for lunch. My family did not enjoy boma for dinner, but we generally do not like buffets. Others love it. Enjoy your trip.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Great Choices!

Happy Birthday to your Daughter!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Looks great - Boma is one of our faves!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: