Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #496
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
You have our room!! 6019 is the inside that we upgraded from when the great rates came out. You will LOVE the sideways stateroom if you have not already sailed in one.
Thats so awesome! We booked when the Fl rates came out, and were excited to get a sideways room after reading about the rooms on the DIS! Thanks so much for confirming we made a good choice

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #497
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica_of_FL View Post
Thats so awesome! We booked when the Fl rates came out, and were excited to get a sideways room after reading about the rooms on the DIS! Thanks so much for confirming we made a good choice

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #498
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikersmom View Post
My DIS name is Rikersmom. We are Karen and son Kevin--both adults.

Not big on organized events, but we enjoy meeting other DISers. It will be nice to see some cruisers from previous times we've sailed.

Looking forward to a fun trip,
Karen
Hi Karen, I remember you! You sailed on a TA before right? We ended up doing an Eastbound one year and Westbound the next, so I can't remember who was from which cruise. Anyway, its nice to see a familiar screenname

Quote:
Yum! Banana bread is the best!

I made a huckleberry pie for DH today for his birthday. It was one of the best I have made...yummy, yummy! We had gone out and picked the huckleberries last Aug/Sept and I froze enough to make him a pie for Christmas and another for today for the birthday.
That sounds heavenly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
Hello again everyone!

Good to see that we're all having luck booking excursions, Palo, etc. DH and I are planning to do some independent exploring in all the ports this time around, but we did book Palo brunch for our first sea day. Actually, it's more brunch-for-lunch, since our time is noon! But that works out - somehow, we are early risers on vacation (odd since we're both night shifters!) and that will give us plenty of time to eat breakfast and still be hungry enough for Palo!

For the roll call...clearly, I'm ravensilverlight - Jen, and DH is Chris. We're DINKs, from New Jersey, and waiting on cabin assignment (OGT). We're calling this our "anniversary" trip, even though our anniversary isn't until June...there just wasn't a great rate on a PC cruise in June!!! Hey, it counts, right? We hardly ever do something on our actual anniversary, rotating shifts make it difficult to celebrate special days. We adapt and celebrate whenever we can, as long as it's somewhat close!
Our anniversary is in June also, so maybe we ought to celebrate too. What year anniversary is it for you Jen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
I have updated the first post with our winning design!
http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...ps41828894.jpg
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
Just a reminder in case you missed it or are new to the thread, don't forget to join us for CHAMPAGNE GIRLS

Post in the thread or PM me if you are interested in joining us. Get your PINK on!
I would like to join the Champagne Girls.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #499
braysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Geezer Meets - now known affectionately as FOG, (Fellowship of Geezers, Federation of Geezers or just that we now live in a fog ) was formed on the PC 2008 cruise. We meet nightly, or when we remember and can stay awake at Cove Cafe. We laugh and enjoy whatever drink and food suits our fancy. A Geezer is 60 years or older and we have been joined by GITs (Geezers in Training) that can be any age, but agree to assist Geezers in finding cabins, etc should we forget where we belong. There will be other founding members onboard with us - Cork (Corinne) and Rich, Marilyn (Grandmaz) and John. We would love to have your parents, or any others interested, join us. We are a welcoming, friendly group.
I will be sure to tell my mom too! Sounds like fun
braysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #500
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork

The Geezer Meets - now known affectionately as FOG, (Fellowship of Geezers, Federation of Geezers or just that we now live in a fog ) was formed on the PC 2008 cruise. We meet nightly, or when we remember and can stay awake at Cove Cafe. We laugh and enjoy whatever drink and food suits our fancy. A Geezer is 60 years or older and we have been joined by GITs (Geezers in Training) that can be any age, but agree to assist Geezers in finding cabins, etc should we forget where we belong. There will be other founding members onboard with us - Cork (Corinne) and Rich, Marilyn (Grandmaz) and John. We would love to have your parents, or any others interested, join us. We are a welcoming, friendly group.
Sounds good to me... Everyone in our party (except me) will be 60 or older at the time of the cruise. If we remember to come I'd be happy to help the Geezers find their rooms... Although I may be tied up for a bit with my own Geezers! ;-)
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #501
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinPlaces63 View Post
Sounds good to me... Everyone in our party (except me) will be 60 or older at the time of the cruise. If we remember to come I'd be happy to help the Geezers find their rooms... Although I may be tied up for a bit with my own Geezers! ;-)

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
Old 02-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #502
Crissup
Upset CAK because she didn't get to hold it first
Haunted by Tag Fairy droppings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork
we have been joined by GITs (Geezers in Training)
This always make me snicker. Any Brits in here who care to tell what a "git" is? It's not a nice term. LOL!

Sent via my iThingy
Crissup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #503
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneypeach View Post
Lexa,
you are very talented...love the designs. thanks for helping those of us (me) who are not terribly creative.
Peach
You are more then welcome

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #504
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissup View Post
This always make me snicker. Any Brits in here who care to tell what a "git" is? It's not a nice term. LOL!

Sent via my iThingy
It was shared by our Brit friends that this word would not be used in polite company across the pond....but, they assured us they would look the other way when we type it. It takes so long to type Geezers in Training each time!

Old 02-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #505
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinPlaces63 View Post
I bin beeindruckt... alles in Englisch?
Ja klar! Du sprichst aber auch sehr gut Deutsch! Oder bist du ursprünglich aus Deutschland?
(And just in case, here comes the translation - I just complimented you on your great German! Are you originally from Germany too?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania View Post
Here's the graphic
Cool, I like that!

Quote:
Sounds very inviting - I am only approaching 40 but I may drop by for a night or so!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #506
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan

Sounds very inviting - I am only approaching 40 but I may drop by for a night or so!
Me too. I have my 38th birthday, oh wait I meant the 17th anniversary of my 21st birthday, March 1. I will be at WDW for it. My better half is now having fun reminding me that I am in triple digits now until my 40th. I guess I should not have had so much fun with hers. Oops.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 AM   #507
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
Here is the link:
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/Lexa007/DCL/

The second one is larger version.
Thank you. What a lot of hard work, you are so clever.

Quote:
It was shared by our Brit friends that this word would not be used in polite company across the pond....but, they assured us they would look the other way when we type it. It takes so long to type Geezers in Training each time!
I see the English 'word' as almost an affectionate term though I guess most Brits wouldn't. However as a Geezer I don't have to worry about being called a GIT anyway!!

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #508
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Quote:
: A Geezer is 60 years or older and we have been joined by GITs (Geezers in Training) that can be any age, but agree to assist Geezers in finding cabins, etc should we forget where we belong. We are a welcoming, friendly group.

We are GITs getting perilously close to full Geezerdom so we may join you if y'all are still going after late dinner. I think we stopped by once on the 2010 WBTA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best View Post
[FONT="Century Gothic"]
I would like to join the Champagne Girls.

You're on the list...
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #509
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
FOG. Wow we are Founding Foggers. Meet the Foggers!

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #510
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
FOG. Wow we are Founding Foggers. Meet the Foggers!

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
This came about on the TA...Albert and Dennis came up with that, I think. It is a project in progress....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: