Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #3511
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
I had the same problem when we booked our May 22-28 trip. If you used the new spring promotion I don't think the preferred category is included in the promotion. I was actually booked in a preferred room prior to the new promotion being announced but when I switch my reservation over it was not covered. We decided to stay with the Garden view option.
That would also be the reason.

If they have booked most of one or two of the categories, then they also would not be included when you price out and book the trip.

Good one; had forgotten about that!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #3512
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirll View Post
FYI- just finished watching yesterday's disunplugged podcast, and they were talking about the 7 resorts in 7 days they did(wl, AKL, pop, all star, cbr,POFQ, and POR), and most of them picked POR as the one they'd most like to return to!! Woohoo! Altho, they didn't enjoy boatwrights at all, and they were there within just a couple of days of us, and I loved it!! Interesting...
I have to honestly say for the money and the amount of food you get, Boatwright's is not my cup of tea. However, their pecan pie is to die for; but you can get it some days at the Bakery.

But I am also still bitter about them no longer being open for breakfast. I love the option of the make-your-own omelet at the food court, but at my age, I just love the option of the leisurely breakfast at Boatwright's. My favorite was the omelette or the sweet potato pancakes. My mom loved them too. We have made them at home, but it is just not the same as Boatwright's.

I love to hear people loving to go back to POR again; it has been my go-to resort since 2004.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #3513
DCampbell
Earning My Ears

Wow this is a great thread. I can't wait to try it out. It is great that some rooms sleep five.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #3514
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesauce View Post
Well, darn. I sent in my faxed request when we were 8 days out, not realizing that I was supposed to do it in the 3-5 day window.
Don't worry about it, it should still get looked at, it just might get stored away for a few days until they start working on your trip dates.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #3515
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Don't worry about it, it should still get looked at, it just might get stored away for a few days until they start working on your trip dates.

Andre
I have revised my advise that I have been giving guests and I tell them between 7-10 days and still get something back email or call. But Some don't get any message back but that is because of traffic in the office I am sure. We are busy here also.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #3516
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

I've been reading through this thread and am getting excited about our upcoming stay in August. I would like to know if anyone thinks it's worth it to upgrade to a river view from a garden view in the RGR? Will a river view guarantee a closer location to the main bldg? Also, we will be celebrating DH's big 50th on this trip...any recommendations? Carraige Ride maybe?

Old 02-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #3517
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers
I'm confused...

I booked my reservation at the Disney website (which I am looking at right now)

The only options for rooms are:
Garden View Included
Pool View +$63.28
King Bed +$63.28
River View +$84.38
Royal Guest Room - Standard View +$84.38
Royal Guest Room - Garden View +$126.55
Royal Guest Room - Pool View +$189.83
Royal Guest Room - River View +$210.95

But according to the Port Orleans website, buildings 14,15,18, & 27 are preferred rooms. I am thinking of making an upgrade to the Preferred Rooms, but there's no price listed. I would like to be in 14 or 15 as I have my own car and would like to be closer to the parking lot and main building. Should I check into asking about a River View or ???

Thanks!
It didn't give me an option for preferred either. I booked river view instead. I have a party of 5, so I know I will be in AB. Of the three buildings in AB that have river view rooms, two are also preferred buildings, and I requested either of those two, 14 or 27. The others are in building 38, which would be fine too. But for you, buildings 27 or 38 aren't close to parking, so it may not work.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #3518
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
I would like to know if anyone thinks it's worth it to upgrade to a river view from a garden view in the RGR? Will a river view guarantee a closer location to the main bldg?
River View Royal Rooms are mostly fairly close to the main buildings, but be warned that there are some located at the far end of Parterre Place which are a bit more of a walk. Unless you particularly want that view, I'd suggest staying with your current booking and putting in a location request by fax just before you arrive, or upgrading to a Pool View room (all of which are fairly close to the bridge to the main building). See the map and links in the first post for info.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #3519
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Yes, the pasta and salad options are at POR. For more details, see the POR food court menus at www.portorleans.org/riversidemill.php.

Andre
Thank you!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #3520
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamommyof3
My family will be leaving for Disney World in 3 days and we are so excited!! My daughter was only 2 last time she went to Disney, so this is like her very first visit. Because we have a family of 5 we decided to stay in the POR resort. We are from just outside New Orleans, so at first we were a little bummed that with 5 people we couldn't comfortably stay elsewhere (we see alligators, bayous, water, and plantations all the time), but after reading through these posts and looking at the pictures I am really excited! I sent in my room request (thanks venomhatch) a few minutes ago and hope to hear back from them soon! Thanks for all the great info! Anyone else going to be there next week for Mardi Gras?
We are arriving Saturday and are also from Louisiana. I thought the same thing at first, about not wanting to be somewhere that resembles the same ole same ole but after reading up on POR, the fact that it feels like home makes me excited! I know several people going to Disney world and the rest are going on the Disney cruise during Mardi Gras! It going to be a lot of fun!

Old 02-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #3521
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
We are arriving Saturday and are also from Louisiana. I thought the same thing at first, about not wanting to be somewhere that resembles the same ole same ole but after reading up on POR, the fact that it feels like home makes me excited!
If you're around the resort on Tuesday lunchtime, the cast members put on a fun mini-parade of decorated pargo carts for Mardi Gras, see www.portorleans.org/mardigras.php for info and some photos of previous years.

Andre

Last edited by andrewilley; 02-07-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 AM   #3522
Shlooma
Earning My Ears

We arrived here yesterday. Wow! What a beautiful resort. We are so pleased with our choice. We have a wonderful room in the mansion section, top floor quite close to the bridge to ol' man island. It is a garden view rm but I can see the river peeking through the lush foliage!! ( thanks for the fax template- it worked great).
We had a yummy lunch at the riverside mill-there was a glitch with our KTTW cards- our dining plan was not on it- so as we stood in line to pay, it did not work. The manager came by, took my card, told us to go sit down and eat ( despite the fact that we had not paid) and he went and fixed the problem. I was so impressed- after a long flight and being up since 5, it was really good to sit and get a bite.
We had dinner at Boatwright's which was delicious. The service was fabulous. I had the voodoo chicken ( which had quite a nice quick to it), my husband had the prime rib and my kids enjoyed their kids meals. They even put a candle in my son's ice cream- his bday is next Tuesday but he was wearing the bday pin they have him at check-in.
It is quite humid here but our room is just perfectly air- conditioned. We found it more spacious then we were expecting. Lots of places to store our stuff and our 4 suitcases.
Almost time to wake up my family for our day at AK. Thank you to everyone for enticing me to choose this resort!!! We are so happy!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #3523
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
We are arriving Saturday and are also from Louisiana. I thought the same thing at first, about not wanting to be somewhere that resembles the same ole same ole but after reading up on POR, the fact that it feels like home makes me excited! I know several people going to Disney world and the rest are going on the Disney cruise during Mardi Gras! It going to be a lot of fun!
Yeah I hear a lot of Louisiana residents saying they flee the area when Mardi Gras is happening. I don't blame you all one little bit.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #3524
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisikitabasket View Post
I know you can have groceries and stuff delivered to POR but wondered if I could order something from the Disney Store and have it delivered while we are there. I promised DD something while we are at disney next week and just found out they don't sell it at the parks I called a disney store that has it and they said they would ship so wondered if I could have it shipped to POR>
I tried to do this but the site would not accept the resort address.
Anyone know how to get around it?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #3525
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynsmom View Post
I tried to do this but the site would not accept the resort address.
Anyone know how to get around it?
What address did you try to enter? If they are sending via post then the PO Box number is suggested, if by courier then use street address. But if one does not work, try the other. See http://www.portorleans.org/services.php#Mail. I've just ordered some stuff from Amazon and that seems to accept almost anything.

Andre

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: