Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #16
sheetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
It will automatically switch to "promotion" when you enter APH in the code box.
Not when I use Firefox, which is what I normally use. It only switches when I use IE.
sheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #17
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetz View Post
Not when I use Firefox, which is what I normally use. It only switches when I use IE.
Works for me in Chrome, too. Good to know.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #18
gopherit
I'm not in the book, you know.

I'm a certified "geekus optima", if you know what I mean!

Greetings - like you, we are a larger party size (6 gophers - 2 adults, 2 adult-sized teens, a teen girl, and a lil' gopher pup). Also like you - we are going in mid-June (June 18-22). It appears, however, that for now our vacations are ill-timed, as most all the "perks" (APH rates, ticket deals, etc) are for those traveling BEFORE June 16.

That said - I called US today to reserve some rooms. I was quoted the same prices you see on your computer website ($251 for the std 2 Q, $278 for the water view 2Q). I went ahead and reserved the std rooms because they will give you the APH rate if/when one comes up. Best to have on reserve first...

One thing we have found - staying on-site and getting that Express perk is so good, we don't find we need to stay as long. So I second the comments from others that even spending 1 night - perhaps your first night? - over at a US hotel would mean maximizing your ride time for 2 days. (Only place that doesn't work is Potterville - but for the other "big" rides, like Spidey, Hulk, etc. - it REALLY pays off). Then you could move to a (cheaper) hotel for the rest of your time and take more advantage of down'-time, pool, etc. We have stayed at all 3, and 2 rooms at RPH works best for us (gives you 2 bathrooms too).
gopherit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #19
HarleyGirl514
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherit View Post
Greetings - like you, we are a larger party size (6 gophers - 2 adults, 2 adult-sized teens, a teen girl, and a lil' gopher pup). Also like you - we are going in mid-June (June 18-22). It appears, however, that for now our vacations are ill-timed, as most all the "perks" (APH rates, ticket deals, etc) are for those traveling BEFORE June 16.

That said - I called US today to reserve some rooms. I was quoted the same prices you see on your computer website ($251 for the std 2 Q, $278 for the water view 2Q). I went ahead and reserved the std rooms because they will give you the APH rate if/when one comes up. Best to have on reserve first...

One thing we have found - staying on-site and getting that Express perk is so good, we don't find we need to stay as long. So I second the comments from others that even spending 1 night - perhaps your first night? - over at a US hotel would mean maximizing your ride time for 2 days. (Only place that doesn't work is Potterville - but for the other "big" rides, like Spidey, Hulk, etc. - it REALLY pays off). Then you could move to a (cheaper) hotel for the rest of your time and take more advantage of down'-time, pool, etc. We have stayed at all 3, and 2 rooms at RPH works best for us (gives you 2 bathrooms too).
Thanks for your help! I'm going to look at RPH for one night and see if we can swing it. Our kiddos are all little, so anything that could help us get through the parks would be really helpful! How does the express pass work with staying on site? We won't arrive early enough in Orlando to hit the parks the day day we arrive. Is that the day the express pass is good for?
HarleyGirl514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
tricky1
DIS Veteran

The express pass is good the day you check in and the day you check out.
tricky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #21
dfarster
Earning My Ears

APH in mid June

Last year we stayed mid June and the APH discounts didn't come out until March or April.
dfarster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #22
HarleyGirl514
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarster View Post
Last year we stayed mid June and the APH discounts didn't come out until March or April.
Thanks for letting me know! Do you know if I book now, then get an AP when the rates come out can they apply that discount then?
HarleyGirl514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #23
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyGirl514 View Post
Thanks for letting me know! Do you know if I book now, then get an AP when the rates come out can they apply that discount then?
Yes, the hotels are very good at giving you the reduced rate if available and you ask them. Just call the hotel. I found RPH reservations are nice to deal with. Keep checking.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: