Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Hong Kong Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #31
BillyBuff
Got Ears?

lol I think the pushing it normal in Asia! My wife told me most people from China usually walk in line until they run into something then they stop. So we put it to the test..

This elderly woman was like stuck to me. Her chest was planted on my arm and back! So my wife said let's bump her a bit and take a few steps forward...and again glued to me! Yuck! So my wife got in between us and now she's glued to my wife!

So we took a pic with her behind us lol

Old 01-18-2013, 02:21 AM   #32
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Is that "My birthday is today" button new?
WOW! It must have been really cold if you were cold at the park.

And Billy Buff - that's a very nice attachment that you and your wife have. How long did the glue last?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 AM   #33
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Hi Yuki!

I am enjoying your trip report very much and will be visiting HKDL next year myself. I am looking forward to reading more and maybe picking up some tips on the way!!!

I can't wait to see and ride the train! I am also a very keen photographer, so I will be one of those people stopping all the time to take pics!

So sad about the buttons. As we will be visiting 4 castles on our trip, I was hoping to get a "my first visit" button from HKDL, Tokyo DL and also WDW as we have never been to these parksbefore. I have some from Disneyland and was hoping to add to the collection!

Looking forward to more
Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #34
BillyBuff
Got Ears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz

And Billy Buff - that's a very nice attachment that you and your wife have. How long did the glue last?
Our glue lasted when we made the cutoff point for the ride lol
Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBuff View Post
lol I think the pushing it normal in Asia! My wife told me most people from China usually walk in line until they run into something then they stop. So we put it to the test..

This elderly woman was like stuck to me. Her chest was planted on my arm and back! So my wife said let's bump her a bit and take a few steps forward...and again glued to me! Yuck! So my wife got in between us and now she's glued to my wife!

So we took a pic with her behind us lol

HAHAH, that's hilarious!! I totally know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I assume that button is new because I've never heard of it before.

Yeah, it was super chilly in the parks. We all had those packets of hand warmers in our pockets. I regret not wearing mittens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Hi Yuki!

I am enjoying your trip report very much and will be visiting HKDL next year myself. I am looking forward to reading more and maybe picking up some tips on the way!!!

I can't wait to see and ride the train! I am also a very keen photographer, so I will be one of those people stopping all the time to take pics!

So sad about the buttons. As we will be visiting 4 castles on our trip, I was hoping to get a "my first visit" button from HKDL, Tokyo DL and also WDW as we have never been to these parksbefore. I have some from Disneyland and was hoping to add to the collection!

Looking forward to more
Hey Sue, great to see you here!

Yeah, I was really disappointed in buttons. When I was asking them about it, it didn't seem like they ever had any buttons to give because they were very confused.

Wow, 4 castles in 1 trip! That sounds amazing
YukiPhnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #36
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Getting Shrunk

Sorry y'all for the lack of pictures. I haven't had time to get on my PC to upload the pics, and now there's something wrong with my 1st post that I need to change....On with the show!

I knew we had to pass through Fantasyland to get to Toy Story Land so I was initially going to get an FP for Winnie the Pooh but saw how EMPTY the line was, so we walked right on for our first ride in HKDL! Believe it or not, this was my first ride on Pooh. I love the bouncing Tigger part but got a little creeped out by the heffalumps. They remind me of the drunken elephant scene in Dumbo I don't really like.

After we got off, we made our way to Toy Story Land excitedly. I couldn't wait to become Toy sized! I LOVED TSL. It's definitely a bit small and looks like it won't be able to handle large crowds well, but the theming was just awesome. As you first enter it, there's a giant Woody that talks to you! My favourite phrase is, "Oh, when you see Rex, act real scared! He'll appreciate that." I took a lot of pictures of this area to give everyone a good idea for its feel.

Our first ride was on Slinky Dog Spin. It's your typical carnival ride. They ask adults to sit on the outside because as the ride spins, whoever is on the inside of the ride will slide towards the outside. I was sitting with my neice-in-law and she was gripping onto the handle bar for dear life, trying not to slide too much. I normally wouldn't have gone on this ride, but it was so cute to go on with little kids!

Next ride was RC Racers. This is the adult ride in the land. Since there was no line, Andrew and I went on first while his sister and brother-in-law stayed with the kids. This ride is pretty intense! I was not expecting it to be so thrilling. Its fast and gives you that dropping feeling. Be careful about whats in your pocket. I had a hair tie that I didnt know of, tucked in my jacket pocket and it fell out! Went we got out, we looked after the kids while his sister and BIL went on. She had tears in her eyes when she came out, haha.

Last was Toy Soldier Parachute Drop. Again, we walked right on. Unlike Soarin', there is no space under your seat for your belongings. There are stacked boxes on the ground for you to keep your things in while you're on the ride. This ride allows very small children. The 2 year old and our group was allowed to ride it. The ride may seem tame because it doesnt lift you very high or drop you very fast, but its pretty fast for children that dont like that dropping feeling in their stomache. The 5 year old and 2 year old did pretty well on it, but the 3 year old was screaming and crying. If there was any line for this ride, I probably wouldnt ride it.

This land has a little snack stand but it wasnt open when we were there. They're also working on a kids area which I hope will bring more to this land. On our way out, Woody had just come out for pictures in the barrel! So we quickly got in line for him. When it comes to taking pictures with characters for me, I only ever get in line if there was 20 or less people in line. Which is pretty rare in WDW! But in HKDL, it wasnt a problem at all.

It was so great to see the kids react to Woody. The 2 year old was SO HAPPY to see him and even gave him a kiss! It was the cutest thing to see. He rarely smiles but he couldnt stop smiling that day. I noticed that there werent that many autograph books out. Maybe its just not that popular in the Asian parks? I didnt see many of them in the gift shop.

Can't wait for Mystic Point!

Love these signs

Talking giant Woody!

The play area that's under construction.

Slinky Dog!

This is right across from Slinky Dog Spin

Each group was given this bone to let the CMs know who was riding with whom.

Andrew went with one neice

And I sat with another while his sister was behind me with the littlest one.

Pictures continued in next post.

Last edited by YukiPhnx; 02-06-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:58 AM   #37
PrincessInOz
in

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 02-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #38
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Getting Shrunk-more pictures

Oh, and Duffy was with me too.

Love the theming of this queue!

I snapped a picture right before the CM asked me to put it away.

Here we are, waiting for the older adults to ride. This is an eating area right behind a snack stand.

The kids were very good and patient!

If you're seated in a parachute facing Fantasyland, you get a great view of the castle.

I love these drawings!

In line for Woody, before Andrew took the camera

He took 4 shots of this...

That's me with McDuff!

Coming up: Getting Adventurous

Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #39
PrincessInOz
in

Love the pictures and nice to "see" you.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #40
abbadackerygirl
Earning My Ears

I just loved, loved, LOVED this! We are leaving in about two days, AAAA!!!!

Going to go to all three Asian parks, but our first stop is in Hong Kong. I am a little concerned about personal space, but I don't think I will have quite the same problems with it as you because I will be riding in an electric mobility scooter, due to a pregnancy complication that doesn't allow me to walk for long periods. (Previa.)

Anyway, I am just super stoked, and everything I can learn about these parks I gobble up.

Thanks for posting!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #41
BillyBuff
Got Ears?

Nice pictures of Toy Story Land!

When I was at HKDL in mid December, it was really crowded because of the tour groups. Your photos look like it was quite empty! I must have lucked out on our trip. We waited for 30 mins on The Adventures Winnie the Pooh but walked right onto the boats for It's A Small World.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #42
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Yuki, if I had not known you were in Hongkong Disneyland that I would have sworn you had visited DLRP! Apart from a few, very few changes at Toy Story land, it is exactly the same.
Some of your other park pics look terribly familiar as well.

Thanks for posting, I didn't know these two parks had such similarities.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #43
PennyLane1084
DIS Veteran

Wow, TSL looks so awesome! That RC Racer ride looks like a lot of fun. I found it sort of interesting that HKDL doesn't really do the whole autograph thing. I wonder if the parks in the states are in the only ones that does autograph collecting.

I also while I was reading that I made the realization that my fascination with autographs may have stemmed from collecting the character autographs at Disney as a kid. When ever I got to Comic conventions I always bring books and stuff for artist/authors/actors to sign.
2013-DISNEYMOON! - Coronado Springs
DH - Steve Me - Kristin
PennyLane1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #44
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Hi Yuki! I just found your newest TR. Going to get caught up now!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #45
elderfam
There is no such thing as too many Disney trips!

On our way to Nepal, I was able to talk my husband into 3 nights at DLHK!! I thought this might be a nice way to get over some jetlag...
Loving your trip report....now even more excited about going!!

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

elderfam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: