Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
Angry Eyes
Mouseketeer

North Face Defect

In mid December I bought my DD a North Face OSO hoodie from skis.com. Since then, it has pilled terribly, everywhere. I work in an elementary school where I see many jackets of this type and no one's looks like my daughters. She takes good care of it and I have only washed it once according to the directions. I checked the North Face site tonight and skis.com is an authorized seller. I called skis.com and of course they were closed for the evening. Does anyone have first-hand experience returning a North Face product? Should I try the seller or North Face first? I am hoping for first hand accounts and not the "just Google it" responses. TIA
Angry Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Eyes View Post
In mid December I bought my DD a North Face OSO hoodie from skis.com. Since then, it has pilled terribly, everywhere. I work in an elementary school where I see many jackets of this type and no one's looks like my daughters. She takes good care of it and I have only washed it once according to the directions. I checked the North Face site tonight and skis.com is an authorized seller. I called skis.com and of course they were closed for the evening. Does anyone have first-hand experience returning a North Face product? Should I try the seller or North Face first? I am hoping for first hand accounts and not the "just Google it" responses. TIA
I would call North Face directly and even mess with skis.com . This is a defect with the jacket and North Face should stand behind their product.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

I am anxious to hear what happens. I just got done ordering my daughters ski ensemble from Ski's.com and practically everything I ordered was by North Face.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
DisneyATlast
Mouseketeer

I can't even remember the details of what the product was or what the problem even was because it's been so many years ago....

but I remember talking to someone on the phone after I had a problem with a product or service and he basically told me, "I wish you would've contacted us first. We get penalized when returns/disputes are handled through the seller. It's always better to settle with the manufacturer."

That's not always logical if you're talking about a small product from the dollar store, of course. For a jacket through a company like North Face, I imagine they could fix the problem just as quickly and would prefer you contact them.
DisneyATlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
jmb912
Mouseketeer

I also bought my daughter an Oso hoodie and it is doing the same thing! This is the 5th North Face we've owned in this house and I've never had this problem. I was debating also about contacting North Face directly. Please let me know if you have?

Finally living the Florida dream and enjoying our Annual Passes! Loving it!!!!
12/13 - Our first Disney Dream Cruise!
11/13- Art of Animation
08/12 - Contemporary Resort - MKV!!
06/11 - Contemporary Resort - MKV
08/09 - Port Orleans Resort
09/07 - Saratoga Springs Resort (free upgrade & dining)
10/06 - off-site - Nick suites
07/03 - Coronado Springs Resort
03/02 - off-site
01/97 - Shades of Green
06/94 - Honeymoon @ Disney of course!!!
07/91 - off-site
1976 & 1977
jmb912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I would call North Face directly and even mess with skis.com . This is a defect with the jacket and North Face should stand behind their product.
I would defiently call North Face....they actually have really good customer service.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
robinb
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to thank you for this thread . It got me off my butt to contact Speedo about a swim suit I bought for my DD. I bought two suits with the same cut but in the same size but one fit and the other one didn't. I contacted the company I purchased it from and they said they couldn't help me because she wore it once. It was a $40 suit! I called Speedo today and they are going to help me out and replace the suit with a different size .
Old 02-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

When I was in the market for a 3 in 1 North Face, I remember the reviews of the Boundary often said the interior jacket had shedding problems. That interior jacket looked exactly like an Oso. I'd call North Face.
kirstenb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
Angry Eyes
Mouseketeer

Update

OP here, I called North Face, the good news is, they do consider this a defect of the jacket and will replace it. The bad news is, I have to mail it to California (I am in Ohio) and the process can take 4-6 weeks! I told the rep I would prefer to not have my daughter be without her coat for 4-6 weeks in the winter in Ohio and she advised me that the warranty is for a lifetime for this fabric defect. She said we can wait until it's warmer to return it. So I guess, she wears the pilly one for now. By the time I get this one returned, she will likely have outgrown it! Sheesh.
Angry Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

OP, last year I ordered my 14 yr old an Osito (women's version of Oso) in a size small. It has had no pilling at all. I wonder if certain manufacturing lots had more pilling than others? Anyway, I hope the replacement jacket works out well!!
kirstenb1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: