Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #331
disrev
Mouseketeer

Wasn't me but it was a family in front of us while waiting to board monorail at EPCOT. Grandma-aged lady was wearing a Winnie the Pooh hat, and her hubby had on a Winnie shirt.. CM walked up to the lady w/ a concerned look and said, "Ma'am, I'm terribly sorry. This is just embarrassing to tell you, but you've got Pooh on your head. And Sir, you seem to have Pooh al over your shirt."
Took a few seconds to register w/ all of us, but when it did it turned into one of those moments where thelaughter continued to build. The lady was in tears of laughter which only made al of us laugh more.
Jan 2001 - Offsite Westgate Town Center; December 2003 - Offsite Knights Inn; November 2004 - Offsite Westgate Town Center (Universal Studios); November 2005 - Offsite Vacation Rental Home; October 2007 - POR; December 2008 - CSR; May 2009 - Offsite Marriot Grande Vista (Universal Studios); January 2010 - AKL; November 2010 - SSR; November 2011 - Offsite Westgate TC & Sheraton Vistana Resort; February 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort; November 2013 - AKL Kidani & Sheraton Vistana Resort; May 2014 - Anniversary Trip to Daytona Beach w/ 1 day at the parks; October 2014 - DIS Unplugged Photo Winner AoA
disrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #332
daughtryfan114
Earning My Ears

My daughter was told her hair looked like cotton candy. She had pink and blue streaks in it.
daughtryfan114 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #333
katyj26
Mouseketeer

On my latest trip which ends tomorrow I was on Tower of Terror and in the library at the end of the video when the room goes dark and it says "this elevator travels directly to *the twilight zone*" the CM instead said "*the gift shop*". I found it very funny! Also on Rock n Roller Coaster a CM in the recording studio said "congrats on those backstage passes... That almost never happens!" Lol! Some fun ones out there this trip!
Been a Disney Lover since birth. First trip to WDW when I was about 2 with my mom and my "fairy" godmother. Gone back every year / every other year ever since! Never going to outgrow WDW! We 3 gals love our Disney trips!

Bringing my Disney Bestie on the next trip!

katyj26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #334
lstylr
Mouseketeer

I'll share a couple recent ones since I can't seem to remember any others..

Last week my friend and I were visiting Tigger at AK and after we took our pictures he grabbed each of our hands and we started skipping away.. he led us a good 15 feet away from the photo area and the Attendant eventually had to chase after us.

Then a few days ago the CM in the library at ToT was creeping around the room and silently standing behind people until they turned around/noticed him and omg you should've heard the blood-curdling scream that came out of me...

I'd never seen that before at ToT! He was amazing - really scary.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #335
lookame
Mouseketeer

I should paraphrase by saying goofy is my absolute favorite character. I just love him. We were in epcot in 2011 in the area which you meet the whole gang, mickey, minnie, donald, pluto and of coarse at the very end goofy. I was anxiously awaiting to meet goofy with my son (5) and my fiance. After my son took a picture with him I told them I was going to get a picture with him by myself. Well goofy took my fiance and posed him then passed my son then leaned in and had me kiss him. The first picture was a reaction sort of like "what just happened? " the second was truly awesome. My fiance was mid "HEY!" And my son was leaving over to really see what we were doing. After the pictures goofy takes my arm and we run away together while the CM are telling him to come back. Best interaction I've ever had with a character, and that it was goofy... Well there's no question now why he's my favorite!

The second was a great CM who was the PA guy on the tram. It was a late night and we are all tired. The tram started and he announces "get ready for the biggest drop in magic Kingdom, get your arms in the air..." as we go down a slight dip in the road "did we lose anyone?" He had us cracking up the entire ride back to our car. He would randomly state how fast we were going (like it was the most extreme ride ever) then he went into a mathematics equation, something to the tune of take the tram which goes 5 miles per hour divide that by 60, multiply the answer by 30, square the answer and you have....I have no idea. I wish I knew his name because he was awesome!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #336
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

Waiting for a tram at DHS, in my Hawaiian shirt, one of the Green Army Men pointed out for the crowd that I was "dressed appropriately in Disney camoflague".
...hurry back......hurry back......be sure to bring your death certificate.
W.E.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #337
BethanyF
Id rather be 'stuck' at SSR
This just happened at the right time
I got in with no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyj26 View Post
Also on Rock n Roller Coaster a CM in the recording studio said "congrats on those backstage passes... That almost never happens!" Lol! Some fun ones out there this trip!
last time I was on RNRC the CM announced 'congrats on those backstage passes, they only come along every (dramatic pause) 3 or 4 minutes'
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #338
Keith
DIS Veteran

We were eating breakfast at Chef Mickey's. It was the week of the Ohio State vs. Michigan football game and I had my Ohio State shirt on. When Mickey came to our table, he paused, ponted at my shirt, and motioned with his arms "O" "H". I motioned back to him "I" "O". It was kind of a humorous and special moment. Who knew Mickey Mouse was an Ohio State Buckeyes fan?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #339
katiepants29
Earning My Ears

The last time we ate at 1900 Park Fare for dinner my girls had purchased tipsy turvy dolls in th gift shop and brought them with them. The dolls are the ones that are like two dolls in one. One of the step sisters picked one up and noticed that when you lift the dress of the doll, you find another princess inside. She was astonished and called the other step sister over. They both looked under their dresses to make sure there was now hiding princesses. Lol.
katiepants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #340
stonfiesta
Yoda Rules

well this isnt what a cast member said but security as i was waiting for my partner who was in the toilet at the park exit at animal kingdom......

my daughter who is 3 was having a mini meltdown because she was tired and hot......so i was comforting her. a security guard walked past me and said very quietly "dont worry little girl, you wont be in disney much longer".

i didnt know how i should have taken that comment so i didnt respond.

this was only a few days ago.

Mar 2003 ~ Hotel Santa Fe, Mar 2005 ~ Cheyenne, July 2005 ~ Cheyenne, Feb 2006 ~ All-Star Sports, May 2006 ~ Sequoia Lodge, Sept 2006 ~ Cheyenne, Dec 2006 ~ Cheyenne, Jan 2007 ~ All Star Sports, Sept 2007~ Santa Fe, Nov 2007 ~ Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2008 ~ All Star Sports, May 2008~ Davy Crockett Ranch, Sept 2008 ~ Hotel New York, Dec 2008 ~ Cheyenne, March 2009 ~ Disneyland Hotel , April 2009 ~ Cheyenne, February 2010 ~ Port Orleans Riverside, Sept 2010 ~ Davy Crockett Ranch, Dec 2010 ~ ????????
stonfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #341
StephMS
Earning My Ears

We have had many funny moments with CMs, but one that stands out was with the Mad Hatter. We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and when he visited our table, he kept calling my 4 yr. old son "Mr. Guess" (he had on a guess jeans t shirt). My son was confused and the Mad Hatter goes into a spiel about how it says "Guess" on his shirt so that must be his name and if it isn't, he really shouldn't try confusing other people by wearing it.

It was hilarious. Our son finally gives in and tells him that he really is "Mr. Guess". Mad Hatter says that he knew he'd convince him to come around!

A couple of hours later we were in the MK near the teacups and we hear someone yelling, "Mr. Guess! Mr. Guess!" It's the Mad Hatter. He insists that son join him for a tea party and they proceed to ride the teacups. The entire time, Mad Hatter is introducing son to everyone as Mr. Guess! Our son is now 19 and still remembers that. It's been so long that I've forgotten alot of the "conversation" but that day the Mad Hatter was in perfect character!!
StephMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #342
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephMS
We have had many funny moments with CMs, but one that stands out was with the Mad Hatter. We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and when he visited our table, he kept calling my 4 yr. old son "Mr. Guess" (he had on a guess jeans t shirt). My son was confused and the Mad Hatter goes into a spiel about how it says "Guess" on his shirt so that must be his name and if it isn't, he really shouldn't try confusing other people by wearing it.

It was hilarious. Our son finally gives in and tells him that he really is "Mr. Guess". Mad Hatter says that he knew he'd convince him to come around!

A couple of hours later we were in the MK near the teacups and we hear someone yelling, "Mr. Guess! Mr. Guess!" It's the Mad Hatter. He insists that son join him for a tea party and they proceed to ride the teacups. The entire time, Mad Hatter is introducing son to everyone as Mr. Guess! Our son is now 19 and still remembers that. It's been so long that I've forgotten alot of the "conversation" but that day the Mad Hatter was in perfect character!!
This is amazing!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #343
stinkpickle
Mouseketeer

"Hey! Get outta my house!"
stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #344
+Rosetta+
Garden Fairy

Female Skipper who looked and acted like April Ludgate of Park and Rec- *comes up to the plane crash scene* "Oh man, look it's a plane crash, that could only mean one thing folks... That's right! We're on the set of LOST! I wonder where that cutie Sawyer"

She also told a story about how her parents left her on the jungle cruise as a child and they made her be a hula girl in It's a Small World until she was old enough to move up to Skipper.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #345
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Ours was at DLR actually. DW and I were on ToT. The CM assigned to the elevator was the best ever. He was really in character and made us all laugh.

These are some the lines I remember.

"Raise your hand if this your first time riding. No one?! You all came back?! Did you not learn the first time? I pity all of you."

"I need you all to tug on the yellow rope connected to your seat belt, just in case there’s a sudden drop in the elevator. We don’t want bodies flying everywhere because there’s a hole in the corner, and we had a hard time cleaning up the last set of bodies” as he pointed to the lady sitting in the corner seat; afterwards he tells her “Good Luck.”

After telling the lady good luck, he looks at DW and me, and asks us; “Would you like me to show your bags to your room?” I tell him “sure” to which he replies “I bet you would. If you want to see your bags again, you best find a way to hold on to them.”

He was one of the best CM's ever.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: