Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
sasamong
Earning My Ears

Vancouver to Orlando

Hi everybody, i've lurked long enough and decided to join the community.

Was wondering if anybody here is from vancouver and their experience on the trip to WDW.

money wise, it seems it's cheapest to AMTRAK down to Seattle and then flying in + book disney resort with dining package

but it seems like this plan is not the most time efficient =(

so was wondering if anybody else has some input on a way that balances money and time well.

thanks in advance ^^
sasamong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Some of that depends on how many are travelling with you. For just one or two people the cost savings are probably not worth the time and hassle of getting down there. For a bigger family it may be worth it.

I have always flown out of Vancouver. I have routed through Seattle, Portland, LA, Denver and Minnieapolis. Seems like I never go the same way twice - just do what the best price is at the time I book.
bbangel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
aristocat65
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the Disboards!

We usually fly on Alaska Air out of Seattle, although we did go out of YVR once in the winter and the price difference was not that much. Out of YVR you can't go non stop, so you have to change somewhere. Either way, you have to allow a whole day on either end for travel. I think driving to Seattle would be more convenient than Amtrack. If you don't want to drive, you can take Quickshuttle down. They leave more often than the train and will take you right to SEA.

Alaska Air has nonstops out of SEA, so we usually drive down the night before and get an early flight. They sometimes have red eyes that some people like because they don't lose a day, but I can't sleep on planes ( unless I'm in a lay flat business class seat to Europe. LOL).

Unfortunately, you do have to allow more travel time for WDW and more time when you're there too. I wish it was closer.
Disneyland 1976, Disneyland 1979, Disneyland 1989 Anaheim Hilton (honeymoon), Disneyland 1991 Desert Inn and Suites, Disneyland 1999 Hilton Suites, Disneyland 2002 Ayres Anaheim, Disneyland 2004 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2005 Boardwalk Villas, Disneyland 2006 CCI, WDW 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland 2007 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2008 Coronado Springs, Disneyland 2008 Embassy Suites, WDW August 2009, Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland Feb 2011 Grand Californian, Disneyland Sept 2011, Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland May 2013 Paradise Pier
aristocat65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Mostly wanted to say welcome from out of lurkdom!

We used to live in Victoria; we've done drive-park-fly out of Seatac as well. (We also took the Cat into Seattle from Victoria, but I don't think there's a ferry option from Vancouver?) Alaska Air is great.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
sasamong
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the input!!!

I think you guys are right, driving down and parking there seems to be more convenient. I didn't think of driving down just because I thought parking there would be a ridiculous amount of $$.. but what do u know.. it's not bad at all..

Any ideas on average $ for round trip in terms of flight? It's now sitting at around 400-500, which isn't really that bad but the timing of the flight are kinda 'meh'

Also, any recommendations on booking the resort stays at disney's site with the dining package or book everything seperately?!?!
sasamong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
aristocat65
DIS Veteran

For a nonstop flight (only Alaska Airlines has one) 400-500 is ok, but occasionally it has been as low as $275, but not often. Otherwise, if you have a connecting flight, you can probably get under $300 for sure. You just have to be checking the prices all the time. The time of year you're travelling will obviously affect the price you pay.

We usually book our hotel and dining through the Disney website.
Disneyland 1976, Disneyland 1979, Disneyland 1989 Anaheim Hilton (honeymoon), Disneyland 1991 Desert Inn and Suites, Disneyland 1999 Hilton Suites, Disneyland 2002 Ayres Anaheim, Disneyland 2004 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2005 Boardwalk Villas, Disneyland 2006 CCI, WDW 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland 2007 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2008 Coronado Springs, Disneyland 2008 Embassy Suites, WDW August 2009, Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland Feb 2011 Grand Californian, Disneyland Sept 2011, Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland May 2013 Paradise Pier
aristocat65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: