Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #16
The V Gang
The V Gang

Lol...I forgot to mention we would need 2 regular rooms for my jumbo sized family. Grabbing a room at AOA will cost about the same....possibly $100 less if I ask my friend to book w his cm discount....
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #17
polyqueen
Earning My Ears

The great thing about the Hyatt is convenience. You can get your bags quickly and check-in is a breeze. We've found the beds to be extremely comfortable and the bathrooms are large and have very nice toiletries. If you're an early riser, you can probably hop on to the ME by 7 or 8 in the morning. Also, the Hyatt is surprisingly quiet. It's a great place to stay when you land late.
polyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #18
owl0306
Mouseketeer

there is a double tree all suites right near dtd that is about 150 for a 1 bedroom. 2 double beds in the bedroom and one sleeper sofa in the living room
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #19
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

We did the red eye and slept at the Hyatt..room was ready at 1 am and worth it ! Hope to be back soon and do it again !
Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #20
The V Gang
The V Gang

Im thinking the Hyatt is a great idea for us. by the time we arrive in Orlando we will be in no mood to collect our luggage and hop on the ME with sleeping children. Then there would be the issue of checking in and finding our room.....
Old 02-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #21
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The V Gang
Lol...I forgot to mention we would need 2 regular rooms for my jumbo sized family. Grabbing a room at AOA will cost about the same....possibly $100 less if I ask my friend to book w his cm discount....
How many are in your family? There are some rooms at the Hyatt for 5.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #22
disneyfanbcv
Mouseketeer

Have you tried renting points from someone?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #23
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl0306 View Post
there is a double tree all suites right near dtd that is about 150 for a 1 bedroom. 2 double beds in the bedroom and one sleeper sofa in the living room
It doesn't sound like OP will have a car so for the hassle of transportation, if it were me, I'd either pay for two rooms at Hyatt (if necessary) or pay the extra money for AoA. If OP does have a car, might be different.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #24
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Personally, I'd go to the resort and hang out in the lobby and grounds, grab breakfast when it opens, put on swim suits and hit the pool .... Check in and they will call when ready and take a nap.... We've stay awake before for a day, no big deal and the excitement of Disney, I'd rather spend that early morning time at the resort...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #25
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

Do you think this would work for a 8am flight leaving Orlando? Should I go to the airport late my last night and stay at the hyatt instead of staying at POR and catching a 5am ME?

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #26
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1978
Do you think this would work for a 8am flight leaving Orlando? Should I go to the airport late my last night and stay at the hyatt instead of staying at POR and catching a 5am ME?
We did it once instead of staying one more night at BC. Worked great and we enjoyed a last full day in the parks. Didn't get to MCO until midnight or 1 am.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #27
The V Gang
The V Gang

We won't have a car. We are flying down. The price difference for airfare was $200 per ticket more for a morning flight. That means we are saving $1200 by flying down the night before. My husband wants to check iut AoA so now we are leaning towards grabbing our luggage when we arrive (around midnight) and hopping on the ME to AoA....eta 1:30ish is my best guess. Go right to bed and wake up refreshed. Tour AoA grab breakfast and head to BC.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #28
samacita
Mouseketeer

Revisiting this thread...

The night-before airport Hyatt idea sounds fabulous! That would save us over $500!!

But...that would mean fewer dining credits on our DDP, right? Are the meals connected to particular dates, or can they be used at any point throughout the trip?

And how does ME work if you are not jumping on it at the time your flight arrives? (Never used ME, so I'm sorry if this is a ridiculous question!)
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #29
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post

The night-before airport Hyatt idea sounds fabulous! That would save us over $500!!

But...that would mean fewer dining credits on our DDP, right? Are the meals connected to particular dates, or can they be used at any point throughout the trip?

And how does ME work if you are not jumping on it at the time your flight arrives? (Never used ME, so I'm sorry if this is a ridiculous question!)

Yes...dining credits are matched with the number nights you stay. You can use your credits in any way you want. They are not date specific.

DME is also attached to your resort reservation....ie:you only need one to be eligible for the service. They do not monitor flights so as long as you are booked for a ride on the DME you can show up later than your flight and get on.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #30
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post

Yes, you would have fewer dining credits, but unless you are getting free dining, you'd be saving the cost of it, and you can use the credits at any time throughout your stay.

As for DME, you can take it the next morning - whenever you are ready to go, just go to the DME desk. For DCL they even have a service where you leave your bags in your room and the Hyatt bellhops bring them straight to the DCL bus and then you don't see them again until they are in your cabin. Not sure if they do the same for DME, but ask.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: