Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #16
CindysGusGus
Secretly has the hots for the old guy in the Six Flags commericals

Location: In a support group with all the fellow RAD (Resort Anxiety Disorder)members

Well said!
Wilderness Lodge-2/2003
Animal Kingdom Lodge-10/2003, 5/2004
AKL/CSR-10/2004
POFQ-2/5, POR-3/5, CSR 7/5, POFQ 2/6, POFQ 9/6, CSR 10/06, WL 01/07, WL 7/07, POFQ 5/08
CindysGusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #17
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

DH and I live by the old saying: If you are 10 minutes early, you are on time. If you are on time, you are late. If you are late, you are left out.

Sometimes, though, we can egg each other on with being early- we have been known to show up for movies, parties, and other occasions more than 30 minutes early. That's a little excessive, even to me.

Being punctual or tardy must be hardwired into our brains- our DD, who has 2 crazy early parents, is always late (if left to her own devices). Drives DH to distraction!
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #18
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie
DH and I live by the old saying: If you are 10 minutes early, you are on time. If you are on time, you are late. If you are late, you are left out.

Sometimes, though, we can egg each other on with being early- we have been known to show up for movies, parties, and other occasions more than 30 minutes early. That's a little excessive, even to me.

Being punctual or tardy must be hardwired into our brains- our DD, who has 2 crazy early parents, is always late (if left to her own devices). Drives DH to distraction!
I am guessing she wants to be her own person
Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #19
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbun View Post
My pet peeve is people who are habitually late and don't think it's a big deal. Rude, rude, rude!!! Don't call me while I'm sitting at the restaurant, on time, and tell me you're on your way-20 minutes away, which means you haven't even left your house yet.

Don't call me and say you're in a meeting for an hour when I'm expecting you in 10 minutes.

I know stuff happens. I know it happens more than once. If you put me in a place where I am left wasting my time waiting for you...I'm not happy-I am busy too. I'm just not rude, disorganized, thoughtless or arrogant about our friendship or relationship. From now on, you go to voice mail. I MAY get back to you in a few days. From now on, you call me when you get to our appointed meeting place and then I'll leave my house. I'll get more bills paid, laundry done, books read, long baths taken, children sorted out, vacations planned. You waste my time no more!!

Vent over.
This is my sister. I should know by now but it still irks me. She is always late to everything.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
DisGirlAllie
I can bust some pretty smooth moves
I get goosebumps and feel the magic

I was born four days early and, since then, I have been early for everything. As my mum always says, "the only time Allie is late is when she's waiting on me!"
Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #21
Snoozan
Really IS a good girl!
Mine was dark brown garbage bag

Thank goodness my DH and I are on the same page when it comes this subject. We are both of the mentality that if you arrive somewhere exactly on time, we feel like we're late! I am trying to get over that a bit - especially when it comes to his family gatherings! We have one DS who always arrives exactly on the dot for get-togethers, while our other DS tends to be of the 1/2 hour late group - some of that I blame on his DFiance and the 2 kids!
Snoozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #22
krcit
DIS Veteran

I hate when people are always late too! My brothers in-laws are like that..all of them! If we are going to his house for a holiday, we arrive an hour or so late now because we always would end up sitting there for hours until they showed up. I went to one of their baby showers at 2PM and the guest of honor showed up at 6!!!!! I gave her a kiss and a hug and my gift and left!

krcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #23
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

I'm the late person, always. It is because of my job. I am expected to be available for them unless I am on a bona-fide vacation.

My only response is: please don't make me make plans with you that I know I might have to break or miss, even when I say that I can't commit to anything.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #24
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

I totally agree - I hate late people too! I'm almost always early to everything. In fact, I got to campus today an hour before my class started so that I could find a parking spot. If I get there right before class, the chances of finding a parking spot are slim to none. I don't mind being early and I usually bring a book to read while I wait.

I had a friend that was always late to everything. Last year I went out to dinner with him and another friend. The other friend and I got there on time, and when we called him, he said he was on his way and would be there in 5 minutes. 45 minutes later, he finally arrived. When he got to the table, he was offended because the other person and I had already ate and were in the process of eating dessert. He then said we were rude for not waiting

A few weeks later the three of us went out to eat again, but this time the guy invited his girlfriend along. She was over an hour late! He waited to order his food until she arrived (my other friend and I didn't wait), and once she finally arrived, she said she wasn't hungry and wasn't going to get anything. He could have strangled her
Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #25
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

My sister is always late. Ugh. We all hate it.

She has 4 kids and they are all early. Funny how that works.

DH and I are early. I am early because he is early. I was late once and he drove around the block and I thought he'd left me, lol. That was 25 years ago. I saw him leave plenty of people though so I knew he'd do it.

DD is also early. She says all her college friends run late.

The thing that bugs me most is people late for their hair appointments. Every once in a while you can understand but some people are always late. Well, guess what? If you are 15 mins late, you'll get a wash and cut, not style. If it is over 15 mins., you can reschedule. Why punish the rest of my day and the people on my book because one person thinks the world revolves around themselves???

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #26
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrizJen
I have a couple of friends and relatives who are ALWAYS late for things.
I've gotten in the habit of telling them to arrive 15 minutes before I actually need them there. They're still usually late, but at least not by as much...
I do this with my husbands family except its 30 minutes early!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
I am guessing she wants to be her own person
Well, she has been a "late" type ever since she could walk, so I don't think so. It seems to just be her nature.

We have been trying to teach her that it is rude and thoughtless to make others wait for you. She is just one of those "whatever, I'll be there when I get there- don't worry, be happy" types that bother us "always early" people.

She is starting to get a bit better since she has been on the other end of the waiting game a few times. And she doesn't like it when she is the one doing the waiting on someone else who is late. Hope it really sinks in before she has to be totally responsible for herself.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #28
Maryr1
DIS Veteran

Totally hate people being late. Especially when they call after the time they are due to arrive to tell me they will be late- UM-didn't you realize when you weren't on your way 45 minutes ago that you were going to be late? If you had called me then I wouldn't be sitting here waiting-I probably would have run an errand or two on the way here or we could of rescheduled???? Or are you just so self absorbed that you can't make that effort either??? Someone once told me that people who are always late do it because they want everyone to know that they are the most important, their job is most important, and everyone else is just not worthy of the effort because their job/problems/priorities are just so much greater than anyone else...... ugh. I now wait only 15 minutes and then I leave-I don't call to tell them I'm leaving-they can figure it out when they arrive. If it's a dinner, I serve at the time I said-they can make a plate when they get there. Sorry. I am finished with being a doormat. Enough said.
Maryr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #29
Katy Belle
DIS Veteran

Sing it sister!

SIL is always late. MIL used to make us wait, and I was too polite to push back. One year she wouldnt let DS blow out his candles because SIL wasnt there yet. She was over an hour late. No more. I started talking about how rude it was and I wont wait. When we are in town, SIL is on time. MIL tells me she is still late when we are not there. Not my problem!

OP, good for you leaving before she got there!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #30
goofy!
You have to ride a roller coaster now, nah-ne-nah-ne-boo-boo!
It has been two weeks now and my toes are only a bit chipped

While I am annoyed with habitually late friends, I am even more annoyed by people who arrive perpetually early (but only at somebody's house, not a restaurant or outside location.) If the invitation states 6pm, that does not mean 5:30 or even 5:50. I noticed many people say that 10 to 30 minutes early is their version of ontime. I hope you are not showing up at people's houses 30 minutes early.

I find it equally rude, if not more rude to impose on your host/hostess earlier than when they invited you.

And no, I and most everybody I know, do not like their guests arriving early, saying they "can help out" or "put me to work."

That said, the best late story:

DS plays high school football. He plays on both Varsity and JV. This fall, he was asked to play down to the Freshman team as their entire O line was either out with injuries or academically ineligible that week. So, he agreed. Loves the sport and more play time the better.

So, the team they were playing was supposed to be pretty good. Imagine our surprise when the bus pulled up and 11 players got off. Yup, 11. We were wondering how these kids were going to play both sides of the ball for 4 quarters with no subs.

Come to find out, the coach was having an attitude problem with the team. They were told to show up at the bus at a certain time. They were habitually late, causing the team to be late to their games.

So, the coach was fed up. He left three quarters of the team at the school when they did not show up on time.

Had to admire that coach that he would sacrifice a game to teach the boys a lesson on punctuality and team work.
goofy! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: