Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

RPH as a dayroom ?s

We are currently booked at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a 2bed/2bath from 4/13-4/18. I rented from an owner so the the dates are not changeable. I also would rather have the extra room, etc.

We are considering booking RPH for 4/14 only - giving us Express pass for 4/14 & 4/15. We would probably not sleep there but instead use it as a dayroom to take a midday break and a swim. There are no deals on just 1 night so it looks like it will cost about $300. (I got the 2 bed condo for $475 for 5 nights ) I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1.DO you think the Express pass for this week (Spring break in the northeast only) is worth it? The price for paying for Express pass just recently went up at IOA from $39 to $49.

2. I believe we can park both days at the hotel and only pay one night at $18 because they charge at midnight and that we will have in/out privileges- is that correct?

3. Do we need to check out in person?

4. Is there anything I am not considering?

I appreciate any tips/suggestions!
Pam

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
We are currently booked at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a 2bed/2bath from 4/13-4/18. I rented from an owner so the the dates are not changeable. I also would rather have the extra room, etc.

We are considering booking RPH for 4/14 only - giving us Express pass for 4/14 & 4/15. We would probably not sleep there but instead use it as a dayroom to take a midday break and a swim. There are no deals on just 1 night so it looks like it will cost about $300. (I got the 2 bed condo for $475 for 5 nights ) I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1.DO you think the Express pass for this week (Spring break in the northeast only) is worth it? The price for paying for Express pass just recently went up at IOA from $39 to $49.

2. I believe we can park both days at the hotel and only pay one night at $18 because they charge at midnight and that we will have in/out privileges- is that correct?

3. Do we need to check out in person?

4. Is there anything I am not considering?

I appreciate any tips/suggestions!
Pam
I will take a stab at it.

1. Worth is subjective. Cost of express pass is per person, so I am assuming you have many. If the price has already increased, it means they are expecting bigger crowds. Note that since the express pass is dated, we all recommend you see how the park is before you buy. Many places in the parks sell the express pass. I've never gone that time of year, so I assume with spring break, everything will be crowded. Best to get there before opening and sprint to the ride you want to do the most.

2. Yes, parking is for 24 hours. So unless you leave after midnight the day you are checking out, you would only pay for the one night.

3. To check out you can just leave. They email the bill and if you want a copy, you can ask at desk, and I can't remember, but they may slip a copy under door in very early morning.

4. Not sure you are forgetting anything. For me, it would be the cost. And, since you pay a parking fee regardless of staying or not, is it worth the cost to you? I would have a hard time putting out the extra money for a room. Get to the park early, do all the most popular early, eat at not as popular times.

Have a great time! I so want to join you!
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
wookiebeck
Fan of both WDW and USO

Part of your question of value is the number of people in your party. If separate express passes will be $49, that is for each person, each day.

If you are two adults and two kids, that is $200 per day. One $300 RPH hotel night would cover that because you get two total days of FOTL.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies!

I am pretty conflicted about this! If we need Express Pass this is definitely the way to go, but if we don't- what a waste!

I am going to hope as it gets closer that maybe I can snag a room on hotwire.

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

Old 02-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Thanks for the replies!

I am pretty conflicted about this! If we need Express Pass this is definitely the way to go, but if we don't- what a waste!

I am going to hope as it gets closer that maybe I can snag a room on hotwire.
Onsite rooms aren't on hotwire. Occasionally they are on priceline. I checked recently and they were on priceline at the same rate as the AAA rate.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Onsite rooms aren't on hotwire. Occasionally they are on priceline. I checked recently and they were on priceline at the same rate as the AAA rate.
Mousesavers has on their site that they are sometimes. Hmm.. I'll keep checking anyhow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: