Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #2476
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

I wish I lived in Florida right about now...
Tonight the temps will be in the subzero range and then ...we are in for up to two feet of the dreaded white stuff...I hate winters in Maine...

But the good news is we are slowing getting closer and closer to going to Disney...My hubby was looking at Riverside again...please...NO NOT AGAIN...

Old 02-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #2477
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all of your support girls

So at the moment I'm waiting at the dentists office. DD managed to chip one of my teeth with a fork when I was letting her "feed" me.

Kook - FWC will never be high on my list. They were cute and it was very serene there, but it did not feel resort-y enough for me. Good luck with your decision.

Wookie - Another vote for SAB!!!

Babyberger - I know I'm too late but have a great trip!

My news of the day is that I caved and booked a F&G quickie trip. Dates are 4/22 - 4/26 and airfare is already locked in. We are at YC CL at the mo. I think I'm obsessed with that place. I guess I will need to change the summer trip to a split for sure now.

Am I overlapping anybody? I know there are a lot of RCers doing Spring.

Talk to you all later
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #2478
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

So at the moment I'm waiting at the dentists office. DD managed to chip one of my teeth with a fork when I was letting her "feed" me.

Kook - FWC will never be high on my list. They were cute and it was very serene there, but it did not feel resort-y enough for me. Good luck with your decision.

Babyberger - I know I'm too late but have a great trip!

My news of the day is that I caved and booked a F&G quickie trip. Dates are 4/22 - 4/26 and airfare is already locked in. We are at YC CL at the mo. I think I'm obsessed with that place. I guess I will need to change the summer trip to a split for sure now.

Talk to you all later
ME, ME, ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are YC CL from 4/18-4/28!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #2479
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wookie: BC... BbbbbbbbbCCCCcccc (or YC).
My first SAB thought was the BC, but then I read somewhere that not all of the balconies are full balconies. Some of them are "Juliet" standing ones. If I'm paying that kind of money for a room, it better have a full balcony (which is the main reason I couldn't stay at the Poly).

I showed Joey pics of rooms and the pools at AoA, WL, rooms at YC, then SAB. I didn't even get to show him BC rooms (which was next after SAB). As soon as he saw SAB, he said, "there, I want to stay there. I don't care how girly the rooms are."

Quote:
Okay, I'm outta here... for some reason I'm suddenly ravenous.
I'm just the opposite, but then I ate like a pig today. For lunch, I ate a small stuffed chicken breast that had cheese and broccoli. This is after having a small tub of guacamole with chips for breakfast. Plus my fil blew up at my mil as I was making dinner. That always makes me sick to my tummy. My DH and Joey got very angry at me for not eating, but I just couldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
Tonight the temps will be in the subzero range and then ...we are in for up to two feet of the dreaded white stuff...I hate winters in Maine...

But the good news is we are slowing getting closer and closer to going to Disney...My hubby was looking at Riverside again...please...NO NOT AGAIN...
I would probably hate Winters if I had them like that too.

Quote:
To you as well.

Quote:
That's where Joey, the oldest DS, wants to be as well. I showed JM picks last night, but I honestly can't remember what he said.

Quote:
Talk to you all later
Have a great night!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #2480
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Wookie - if you want to make sure you get a full balcony you can book at YC. BC and YC share SAB

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #2481
padawans
DIS Veteran

BB and I heart It's great that you guys you live close enough for all these short trips.

I was able to tweek things a bit and get a GV room at YC. I'm feeling a little better about the budget. I'm sure if I want to upgrade to Cl in a couple of months I will have a better chance of doing that downgrading to a GV room. These 15 day trips are a budgeting nightmare. The 1200 dollar downgrade pretty much pays for Universal. I still think I will squeak one night in somewhere new. Maybe CR, GF or a night at AKL. A return trip in Sept is looking a lot more promising. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good news on the job front in the next few weeks.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #2482
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
ME, ME, ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are YC CL from 4/18-4/28!!!!!
Lounge Buddies!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
My first SAB thought was the BC, but then I read somewhere that not all of the balconies are full balconies. Some of them are "Juliet" standing ones. If I'm paying that kind of money for a room, it better have a full balcony (which is the main reason I couldn't stay at the Poly).

I showed Joey pics of rooms and the pools at AoA, WL, rooms at YC, then SAB. I didn't even get to show him BC rooms (which was next after SAB). As soon as he saw SAB, he said, "there, I want to stay there. I don't care how girly the rooms are."

I'm just the opposite, but then I ate like a pig today. For lunch, I ate a small stuffed chicken breast that had cheese and broccoli. This is after having a small tub of guacamole with chips for breakfast. Plus my fil blew up at my mil as I was making dinner. That always makes me sick to my tummy. My DH and Joey got very angry at me for not eating, but I just couldn't.

I would probably hate Winters if I had them like that too.

To you as well.

That's where Joey, the oldest DS, wants to be as well. I showed JM picks last night, but I honestly can't remember what he said.

Have a great night!!
Definitely go YC if a full balcony is important. That stuffeed chicken breast sounds pretty delicious! Sorry mil is giving you trouble again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
BB and I heart It's great that you guys you live close enough for all these short trips.

I was able to tweek things a bit and get a GV room at YC. I'm feeling a little better about the budget. I'm sure if I want to upgrade to Cl in a couple of months I will have a better chance of doing that downgrading to a GV room. These 15 day trips are a budgeting nightmare. The 1200 dollar downgrade pretty much pays for Universal. I still think I will squeak one night in somewhere new. Maybe CR, GF or a night at AKL. A return trip in Sept is looking a lot more promising. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good news on the job front in the next few weeks.
I wish I was close, but we are in NE Ohio. Closer than AZ though I guess. This is by far our shortest trip planned. We usually do 7-10 nights. I hope it isn't too crazy. I'd love to do a really long trip but DH can't get off of work for that long

Crossing my fingers for good job news!

So fixing my chipped tooth set me back over $600. Good thing it's early in the year and the health care spending account is nice and full.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #2483
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lounge Buddies!!!!!!

Definitely go YC if a full balcony is important. That stuffeed chicken breast sounds pretty delicious! Sorry mil is giving you trouble again.

I wish I was close, but we are in NE Ohio. Closer than AZ though I guess. This is by far our shortest trip planned. We usually do 7-10 nights. I hope it isn't too crazy. I'd love to do a really long trip but DH can't get off of work for that long

Crossing my fingers for good job news!

So fixing my chipped tooth set me back over $600. Good thing it's early in the year and the health care spending account is nice and full.
You don't have the 3 hour time change. That is always a killer for me. The job news would be for Dh not me, but keeping my fingers and toes crossed. On the last two trips Club level has been a last minute upgrade.... like 3 weeks out. A lot of things can happen in 3 months time to set you back. I feel much better having a garden view room booked this far out. I have also got to keep a cruise in mind for Sept. They have great deals in Sept and I would hate to lose out because I overspent on this trip. My dh thinks Club level is not necessary so I should probably listen to him.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #2484
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Oh, it's not the mil. It's the fil giving the mil problems. I may have put that wrong earlier becasue I am so tired. The fil insisted he open his own checking account (he did this while he was ragging and was going to leave and move to OK). Anyway, he didn't want anyone on it, but him. Well, the mil can't put money in it, so she puts it in their other two accounts (their shared and company). For some reason, he put his Angie's List membership on that account, and the money came out every month. He forgot about putting money in it, and when it went negative, he blew up on the mil.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #2485
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You don't have the 3 hour time change. That is always a killer for me. The job news would be for Dh not me, but keeping my fingers and toes crossed. On the last two trips Club level has been a last minute upgrade.... like 3 weeks out. A lot of things can happen in 3 months time to set you back. I feel much better having a garden view room booked this far out. I have also got to keep a cruise in mind for Sept. They have great deals in Sept and I would hate to lose out because I overspent on this trip. My dh thinks Club level is not necessary so I should probably listen to him.
Oh yeah, that time change would not work well for a short trip. CL really isn't necessary, I agree. I wish I had never gotten my little habit started. DH and the boys are worse then me.

Quote:
Oh, it's not the mil. It's the fil giving the mil problems. I may have put that wrong earlier becasue I am so tired. The fil insisted he open his own checking account (he did this while he was ragging and was going to leave and move to OK). Anyway, he didn't want anyone on it, but him. Well, the mil can't put money in it, so she puts it in their other two accounts (their shared and company). For some reason, he put his Angie's List membership on that account, and the money came out every month. He forgot about putting money in it, and when it went negative, he blew up on the mil.
Oops, I went back and looked and I just misread. Sorry! I'm sorry you have to deal with him blowing up like that. Poor MIL too.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #2486
letthewookiewin

Quote:

Oops, I went back and looked and I just misread. Sorry! I'm sorry you have to deal with him blowing up like that. Poor MIL too.
No worries. I just assumed I typed it wrong because of feeling so funky today.

I agree. I feel so sorry for the mil. I tease the fil that it's the mil that gives him his meds every day, and it's no wise to tick her off too much.

We are officially a house divided. The DSs are saying SAB, the DH is saying PC /w what ever DDP comes with FD, and then there's me. I want a hybrid resort.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #2487
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Plus when Magic, Linda and I ate there last month, Magic was a tattletale and had to wear a hat that said "I am a brat!": ... and I had problems minding my manners with my elbows on the table! Just like my Sam!
Are YOU tattling on the tattletale???? Good times with good peeps!

Quote:
I seriously LOLed at this. We miss you, Magic. I need one of those Adult Dole Whips right now. ...
Hi Miss. Thanks and I miss you guys too. My corp tax day is Friday, and then I hope to be around here more afterwards. Let me know when are you going to WDW next, and we'll get one of those Cap'n Morgan Dole Whips together!

Quote:
I'm thinking, depending on the number of nights, the garden wing sounds like a strong contender.
I will be there in 3 weeks. CR Gardens Wing has always held a strong pull for me. I am quite excited for Deluxe. I think I am going to get my Chicago-bred DH a Richard Petty Experience for his BD. City boy won't know what hit him.

Quote:
It's gotten to be the same way with my family and hub's, too. Last trip, we didn't tell anyone... going to be the same with the next one, too, I think. Just not worth the bother of having to explain or lessen our excitement for their sake. That's why I love you guys! We all just "get it"...
Us too, never tell anyone. Makes me sad, but I am getting used to it. Eactly why you guys rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceraden View Post
Hello. My name is Heather. This time, I am torn between my love of BC and my love of a $ well spent. My mind says BC or BCV but my wallet says not. I keep waffling back and forth between "screw it. let's go big" and "we can do x, y, z and not sweat the $$ if we stay somewhere more budget friendly". Add to it that we are thinking of bringing a set of Gparents to keep us company and help with our herd of little people.
Hi Heather. Normally I lean toward advising saving money... but Gparents really changes to playing field here. You just can't beat Epcot Resorts convenience for older DISers, even if they are in good shape. We did a 2-bdr BC Villa with my parents and brother one Christmas trip and it was the most hassle free trip ever for everyone. Between Park walking and boating options and the entertainment and dining options at all 3 Resorts and the BW, no one was left wanting, and no one felt left out.

Quote:
Our baby lost his manhood today, he's is not too happy about the cone on his head.
I hope all is well.. but I must say that I was in tears laughing at this first sentence, and wishing the TAG FAIRY would come to RC Land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm still booked in those woods at the far end of Bay Lake. I don't know what came over me. My mind was SET on FWC and still sort of is. I've always wanted to try it, but Our Dear Jungle Cruiser Sarah keeps telling me, as she always did, that I just wouldn't be happy there. But, DD and DH LOVE CR and it's a known entity and they're happy to move - or not. UGH. FWC is the pragmatic choice given the additional spring break overcharge and DH and I have our own room (albeit a double bed and bunks). I love FW, but maybe not so much staying there? And then there's my little issue with not having a gym there... DH and DD have given up on me and have left it up to me. DH keeps asking if I've changed yet. I'm thinking out loud, aren't I?
WWY(all)D?
KOOK, I don't remember how long your trip is, but a good dose of FWC will be a fine time for all methinks! I know that I slap myself silly every time I make a RC move back to a "known" when I am especially looking forward to trying a new Resort. Give it a shot this once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
It's been a busy day today but wanted to stop in and say hi! I just asked DH if he wanted to drive up tonight and stay at Pop for the night, AP rate was $80 and he agreed it was a good rate but doesn't feel like fighting traffic and getting there in the pitch dark just to sleep and move hotels in the morning. I thought it was worth a try
Enjoy WDW, fellow Floridian! Perfect weather for you.

Quote:
Well now I'm having the opposite problem with my blood pressure. The bottom number is staying in the 60's with the odd 76 or 59 thrown in. I'm going to have to make another appt and go in and see the doctor before he talk about changing up my meds. I'm not sure if he needs to or if I really need to see him. The inlaws just have me freaked about it being "so low".
[/FONT]
I had a scare also... like 200/110 when I've never had BP issues before. Getting it right now, but still tweaking. Best wishes.

Quote:
If it is any consolation, I went walking last night in my long sleeve T-shirt, sweat shorts and GLOVES! So much for warm Florida.

Quote:
My news of the day is that I caved and booked a F&G quickie trip. Dates are 4/22 - 4/26 and airfare is already locked in. We are at YC CL at the mo. I think I'm obsessed with that place. I guess I will need to change the summer trip to a split for sure now. Am I overlapping anybody?
Good for you! You and Mousemommy can really yuk it up together!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #2488
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Jeanette & Janet this mama is very confused .... August, early Nov and Dec????
I swear my DH is pushing this trip off in hopes I forget or cancel August turned into November and December...well he doesn't need to know just yet does he??? Miss Janet has 3 trips booked...at least

Quote:
[COLOR="Green']Other than that, I have no idea how to finally decide. Maybe we'll do a big family vote on it.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Family vote...too many opinions...
Quote:
Don't worry about your diastolic number. Those numbers are fine. The systolic number is really the only one you need to worry about. If it drops below 90 you may need to have your meds adjusted. My BP runs about 95/50. I wouldn't see your doctor unless you are having side effects from the meds or any you have any other concerns.

Quote:
Wanted to write a quick one to my favourite ladies!

:

DetTigsGal My DS made Wind Ensemble as well...lots of extra practice for him..then last night he was complaining I make him do too much
The kid turned 12 last month and the tween attitude is in full force

Congrats to your DS!!!

Quote:

POR is really pretty....and the AP rate is pretty good...IMHO Yep...tomorrow is the first "real snow" for us

Quote:
So at the moment I'm waiting at the dentists office. DD managed to chip one of my teeth with a fork when I was letting her "feed" me. My news of the day is that I caved and booked a F&G quickie trip. Dates are 4/22 - 4/26 and airfare is already locked in. We are at YC CL at the mo. I think I'm obsessed with that place. I guess I will need to change the summer trip to a split for sure now.

Talk to you all later
Yikes!Sorry about your choppers

YAY for a F&G trip!!!!
Quote:

for DH's job watch!!! I was thinking of changing to BC or WL...BUT I am in love with being on the monorail....

Quote:
. My dh thinks Club level is not necessary so I should probably listen to him.
My rational side is listening to my DH (and BFF janet) about CL as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
I will be there in 3 weeks. CR Gardens Wing has always held a strong pull for me. I am quite excited for Deluxe. I think I am going to get my Chicago-bred DH a Richard Petty Experience for his BD. City boy won't know what hit him.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #2489
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
I had a scare also... like 200/110 when I've never had BP issues before. Getting it right now, but still tweaking. Best wishes.
When they admitted me when I was pregnant with the oldest DS it was like 240-something/140-something. Since then the highest I remember the bottom number being was 157, and that was over a World of Warcraft raid.

I have to double check my numbers to make sure it is what I quoted the DH last night, if it is we have a resort (at least for now). I talked to the DH about it last night, but he insisted on knowing pricing before he agreed. I had already shut down my laptop and didn't feel like bringing it back up. I grabbed my Kindle Fire and did pricing for the YC. I notced the BC was cheaper, so I did pricing for it. The DH agreed to the BC pricing, so I'm calling later to make the change.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #2490
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The DH agreed to the BC pricing, so I'm calling later to make the change.
BC/YC usually have the same rates..ask the CM to quote both...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: