Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
luvdisney77
Mouseketeer

Question FW cabin or 2 rooms at CSR - Business class

Just stumbled up the new CSR Business Class this morning. Checked it out, and I like it! Thought about doing two rooms at CSR since I get a good room discount. We have stayed at the cabins before, but didn't rent a golf cart and it was a PAIN! Loved the room, hated the transportation nightmare.

With CSR Business (Standard Club) you are in the Cabanas 9b area next to the bus, pool, main area. That would be four queen beds, two bathrooms, and Club lounge access for snacks and continental breakfast.

Bottom line - FW Cabins would be $1677 for our stay and two rooms at CSR would be $2300.

Ok....I need your input. GO!
Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/26 - 3/5/11
POP CENTURY during MVMCP!! 11/25-12/3/11:santa
So far, no trip on the horizon. Need $ and FD!
luvdisney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

I've never stayed at FW but have stayed in CSR and really loved it. That being said it is aprox $650 more money. I don't know the details of FW but would you be able to use a car if you had one? I mean can u park your car right outside your cabin? If you can I would stay at FW and rent a car. You should be able to get a car for significantly less than $650 and could either pocket the difference or buy a lot of Mickey bars.

Heather

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
luvdisney77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
I've never stayed at FW but have stayed in CSR and really loved it. That being said it is aprox $650 more money. I don't know the details of FW but would you be able to use a car if you had one? I mean can u park your car right outside your cabin? If you can I would stay at FW and rent a car. You should be able to get a car for significantly less than $650 and could either pocket the difference or buy a lot of Mickey bars.

Heather
We will have our car. The thing is, you can only park your car at your cabin. You can't use it to go here and there around the resort and there isn't any parking (or VERY limited...like 5 cars). The resort is HUGE!! Our kids would love to go to the pool, but we attempted to walk there at night from our cabin the last time and....
a. got lost
b. didn't like walking in the pitch black in some places
c. it was way too far for my teenagers to just "go to the pool" for awhile

SO a golf cart would be essential. That runs around $458 for our stay, if we did that the entire stay. That makes the price difference more like $165.
Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/26 - 3/5/11
POP CENTURY during MVMCP!! 11/25-12/3/11:santa
So far, no trip on the horizon. Need $ and FD!
luvdisney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
Cynt
DIS Veteran

CSR! 2 bathrooms and snacks! Enough said.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

We are in a similar situation. After learning about the transportation issue at the cabins I'm 99% sure that option is out. We have 5 young kids and I certainly don't want to walk a long way just to swim or after spending the day at the parks. We are most likely flying so we wouldn't have a car and the golf cart doesn't seem feasible for our family...I'm booked at AoA but probably switching to the junior suite at CSR Depending on what is offered (if any) for FD, that will make our final decision.

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize you can't drive your car around FW. Thanks for that info. It has steered me away for future trips

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
Lizzybean
Mouseketeer

We stayed at cabins last summer and just returned from POR. The cabins won.

At POR we were in building 17 which is actually quite close to the food court/bus depot/pool compared to the rest of non-preferred buildings and for us the walk was FAR. Especially after a long day at the parks. The whole family agreed the internal bussing system at FW was better. We also found the buses to and from parks were MUCH MUCH MUCH better at FW (and that is the height of summer compared to January). I imagine CSR doesn't have the crowded bus issues that POR may have due to other circumstances though.

This summer we are doing a deluxe Epcot resort bc our favorite parks are DHS and Epcot but if we had to choose a mod we would go back to FW.

June 2014: Beach Club!
Jan/Feb 2013 at POR
July/August 2012: Fort Wilderness FUN
July 2011: Offsite
90s: Offsite

I'm addicted to the pixie dust!

ME DH DS15 DD10 DD6
Lizzybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
jba2
Mouseketeer

I haven't stayed at FW but I have stayed at CSR. I would definitely go CSR (standard club). Having four queen beds, two T.V.s and two bathrooms would be the deciding factor for me. As well, I believe you'd have to wait for two buses to go to HS, Epcot or AK (the internal bus and park bus).

Let us know what you decide.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

My vote - CSR! Just for the comfort - 4 queen beds - 2 bathrooms and the club lounge.

Enjoy your trip whatever you decide!

* 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *
Trip Reports WDW and DLRP http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+reporthttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

We've stayed at both the cabins and CSR (but not business class).

We thought transportation at the cabins was a huge pain. We would not stay there again. We, too, found the pitch black at night quite unappealing. And, the dining options were not to our taste.

We loved CSR. We had a car, parked it right near our door and used it to go everywhere. CSR is very centrally located and convenient to everything.

We have stayed club level at several Disney resorts. While I don't know about business class at CSR, we think Club Level is worth the extra money. For one thing, having breakfast available and nearby is really convenient and a big time saver in the morning. And, if you're spending the day at the pool, snacks and drinks are nice.

So, I would definitely choose CSR. Have fun!
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #11
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I'm debating on CSR business class as well. At first I was sold, but as I've been reading reports, I'm not so sure anymore. The breakfast provided are cold items such as fruit, yogurt, and some pastries. For us, this would get old after a day or two. Also, it's not a lounge as you'd see at a deluxe club level. The photos of it show a room with some couches, TV, and computers. Kind of awkward looking, versus a bar-like atmosphere you'd find at some other club level lounges. Lastly, other reports have said the room is closed from 10am-5pm, so nothing available midday, and turn-down service was non-existant when its advertised. Not sure if it's worth it!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #12
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Sorry all you guys that stayed at the cabins had such bad experiences with the transportation. We were just there last week and had no problems at all. This was the first time we stayed there WITHOUT renting a cart and I was concerned it would be a pain but it wasn't.

We aren't thrilled with the food options either but we have a car whenever we're there so that does help. It's just a drive 5 min away to the GF or even WL to have dinner there. I know we could boat but that does take a lot longer.

The funny thing is I was really thinking about staying at CSR but chose the cabins. My question though, is how is the room noise at CSR?? One of the most appealing things about cabins for me anyway is the lack of noise. No one above you, no one next to you ESPECIALLY if there's a connecting door. No one running down hallways or catwalks screaming at 6am or late at night. No toilets flushing or doors slamming shut throughout the night. In the deluxes and DVCs this is always an issue and I'm a light sleeper and I am up off and on all night. At the cabins, I sleep like a log (no pun intended), so just wondering about that one??
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: