Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #36
Laketravis
FP is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way.. which one's Pink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Well played...

But i have a hard time biting my tongue (i know...shocking)...when the "any news on the discounts?" posts show up.

I try hard though.

I would remind everyone that old CMB a few years back stood up at the investors podium and swore up and down that discounting would be cut back...and i for one hope that he actually kept his word.

Its seems like a concerted effort to do so...and its better for the parks and the guests as a whole.
Two of the worst periods to visit WDW was the Credit Madness of 2005-2008 to be immediately followed by the "Slash and Burn" of 2008-2010.
It was just a real stinker of an experience...and i know its not popular...but the heavy discounts were a big part of it.
IF only because the dining plan was almost standard - and they used it to shield some cheapskate, quality busting measures with it.

But also there were abnormal crowd levels at strange times...a little too much stress on the infrastructure because they were slashing costs while packing in guests at reduced rates.
Not a "magical" experience...indeed.

I'm all for the traditional discounts...flordia res, CM, early fall and late spring promotions...but glad that many of these "discount" rumors have been falling short for a couple of years now.

Economics aside - which is disappointing to many - it really does cheapen the product and damage it longterm.

Then Iger's comments during this week's earnings report might make you feel better:

Iger said price hikes at Disney's parks are possible as it continues to roll out new attractions.

"We've got some price leverage," he said. "If you build the right things not only will people come but you get some leverage out of it as well."
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: