Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
joeathome167
Mouseketeer

Pop Century

Howdy all!! Going to WDW in August from the Thurs-1 to Thurs-8. Myself, my wife, our 3 kids (13, 9 & 7) and two adult friends. One of my kids will be bunking each night with our friends. Two rooms hopefully adjoining at Pop Century for the seven nights.

This is our fourth trip to WDW with kids...Dec. 2009 stayed in a cabin at Ft. Wilderness, Dec. 2007 stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and May 2005 stayed at All Star Something.

Just wanted to know what to expect from Pop Century in August as far as bus transportation to and from the parks especially in the evening. Wanted to know about Magical Express to Pop Century to and from the airport. And wanted to know about the rooms in general. We do not spend too much time at the resort we will mostly just sleep and shower and spend most of our time in the parks.

Anyway, thank you in advance for any tips and information you have about Pop Century.
Joe

trips:

1970's (2-3 trips w/parents) - offsite (no idea where)
Jan 1989 (w/father and brothers) - Sheraton World
Sept 1994 (Honeymoon) - off site
Nov 1998 (Wife's Conference) - off site
May 2005 (wife and sons 2&5) - All Star Movies
Dec 2007 (DW, DS7, DS4 and DD2) -AKL
Dec 2009 (DW, DS9, DS6 and DD4) -Ft Wilderness Cabin

Planned trip for Aug 1-8, 2013 with 3 kids (7, 9 & 13) and two friends ALMOST THERE!!
joeathome167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Just about any information you could want about Pop is to be found on the resort specific thread. Here's a link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3000350

Info about ME can be found on the Transportation forum or here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/transportatio...al-express.htm

You will find lots of threads about resort bus transportation already on this forum, if you check via the search function .
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeathome167 View Post
Just wanted to know what to expect from Pop Century in August as far as bus transportation to and from the parks especially in the evening. Wanted to know about Magical Express to Pop Century to and from the airport. And wanted to know about the rooms in general. We do not spend too much time at the resort we will mostly just sleep and shower and spend most of our time in the parks.

Anyway, thank you in advance for any tips and information you have about Pop Century.
Joe
You can expect the rooms to be the same as the All Star Something you stayed at before. Same configuration, same size.

We've never had a problem with the buses to and from the parks. I think in the about 10 times we've stayed there, we may have had to wait a full 20 minutes twice. Maybe. Pop Century has a dedicated bus line so you share with no one else (you may have had to share buses at All Star Something).

My son used Magical Express from the airport. It did stop at Caribbean Beach before Pop Century but from when he texted they were leaving the airport until he got to Pop Century was a little less than a half hour. He had no problems getting his boarding passes and checking his luggage for the trip back.

And I just wanted to mention that adjoining rooms do not have the door inside the two rooms. If you want to be able to walk back and forth between the two rooms without going outside, you will want to request connecting rooms but remember it's only a request. I would ask for a "traveling with" designation be put on both reservations.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: